1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ronny Deila Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Glasgow_Bhoy88, Jun 6, 2014.

Discuss The Ronny Deila Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. realshocks

Don't go on all night. The * is a charlatan and needs fired from a cannon into the sea. An absolute dud who has been stringing us along with guff about fitness and how we would be playing a fast paced passing game. We play a very * ordinary Hun team and mastermind decides we will hit them on the break.

He is a weak manager, but thank * he got those titles. Now onwards and upwards with a new man at the * helm. :)

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

2. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    That petition rearing its head again

3. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

As scunnered as I am, I wish him all the best in his
    journey through life.
    He gave it his best, but that wasn't good enough.

4. Dirk_Diggler

Bye bye ronny uv built the worst celtic side in the history of the game

5. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

* ridiculous what he's turned us into. Disgrace.
    Would rip your arm off for Lennon or Moyes to be manager come Monday morning.

6. Dirk_Diggler

Actually expecting the faithful to be home here saying aw well least we will still win the league.

Pathetic and discraceful * appointment

7. 7-1

I've continued to back Deila but I can no more. Today showed me how * he is. Moyes would be my choice.

8. KevvyBhoy

A few months back I defended Ronny and said the team need to shoulder the responsibility and that he should be given time.

I stand by the fact that the team themselves are partly culpable, but today is the straw that broke the camel's back as far as Ronny is concerned - Ronny must go, now.

The team that went out today were gutless, a few aside (Tierney, Roberts, Sviatchenko, Rogic when he came on) played within themselves, couldn't pass a ball, and seemed completely disinterested in the result; very few of them seemed to play as though this was a derby match.

The manager is responsible for motivating them, for coaching their tactics, for making tactical/personnel changes during the game when things aren't going well, and for team selection in the first place. I personally believe that on the balance of play (they had more of the ball, we had more near-misses) and the fact we lost on penalties means that today's game could've gone either way, but the people in charge should never have allowed the creation of circumstances where that might be the case; with the players available at our disposal, we should be wiping the floor with them over 90 minutes.

However:
    Johansen is a shadow of the player he was last year;
    Brown's passing was woeful;
    GMS was anonymity personified;
    Bitton was mediocre;
    Lustig struggled;
    Griffiths got * all service and the frustration that goes with this meant he took pop-shots from weird positions rather than maintaining his composure and e.g. looking for the pass;
    We weren't playing well first half but nothing really looked like it changed until after half time.

The team's performances have continued to be erratic, our results have been underwhelming, and we've relied on favours to maintain our lead over Aberdeen far too often in recent times. Losing the game today is actually not all that surprising, and bizarrely, and I never thought I'd say it after losing to them, but I'd argue that the defeat today is actually a good thing in the long run because it prevents us papering over the cracks and forces us to make a decision. I say * the Scottish Cup, especially if we continue to play terrible football; the problems at Celtic at the moment are far deeper than not winning a cup or a disappointing loss to our rivals: the enjoyment factor of watching football, performance consistency, and long-term success is far more important.

It could be argued that sacking Ronny now would be disrespectful, he's a nice guy and doesn't deserve it, that today's game could've gone either way and that he should be allowed to win the league and leave gracefully...and so on. However, if it's more or less decided that he's leaving at the end of the season, we may as well bring the new guy in to work with the squad for the remaining games, to get an idea of who is staying and who to offload, and to get the team used to the new manager and the tactics in time for Champions League qualifying. If we delay the process, we have a team full of uncertainty, we may not get a manager for some time, and we're basically giving up our chances of CL qualifying; we also leave things open for a rocky start to the domestic season, something that's really common at Celtic whenever we appoint new managers.

He's a really likeable guy but at the same time it has become apparent that he's out of his depth with regard to motivating and maintaining an acceptable level of team performance. We need to be ruthless: Ronny has to be sacked now and a new manager brought in the see the season out.

9. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

disgraceful,,,, you put the *.:86:

10. Dirk_Diggler

Told you before ya we Helmet sucker it's not a grammar competition

11. boondock

He should come out tomorrow and say that he's leaving at the end of the season. Let him take charge of the remaining games and go out gracefully. He's not * on purpose, let him have his title and then go.

12. Dirk_Diggler

Fine post

13. realshocks

Very succinct. This completely represents how I feel about it too. We really do need a recognised, experienced manager this time. It's back to us v them, and there isn't much between the sides.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

14. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

No it's not, but if you are calling someone *
    you need to ask for help, you * end.

15. Bunk Moreland

There's plenty between the sides. We had a bad game today but we had 33 shots to their 9, we had 10 on target to their 3. They scored their first thanks to a mistake and their second came from a freak shot directly from a throw in they shouldn't have got. Our problem is Deila, his tactics, formation and ability to motivate the team is absolute pish. They had a lot possession, but it mostly consisted of them passing between their defenders which for some * up reason we were happy to let them do. When they got to the final third they were clueless and created absolutely nothing. Player for player we're streets ahead, they don't even have a player who would make in onto our bench. We just need a manager with the ability to get the best out of them.

16. KevvyBhoy

Keeping him when he's certain to be fired makes no sense.

With nothing much else to play for, and the league almost won, we have to think about next season. Keeping Ronny isn't thinking about the future.

Ronny is a sitting duck and won't be taking us beyond the end of the season. We may as well give ourselves the best chance next season in terms of Europe, and in terms of getting a good start to the league campaign by replacing him this week and getting the new manager bedded in and familiar with the squad.

This would allow the squad to get used to the new manager's style of play, and allows the new manager to assess the squad and make decisions about who stays, who goes, and what is needed.

Keeping Ronny 'just to be nice' and to allow him to 'go out gracefully' wouldn't make much sense for the club as a whole in the short, medium or long-term. It's harsh on the guy as he's a really likeable dude, but we have to put being nice aside for the sake of the club.

17. doctor venglos

Can't believe Og1 made that comment about Ronny tonight.
    He must have been on the juice.

18. boondock

Spot on Bunk. They weren't good, just organised and disciplined. Roberts scores his chance and it's a different game. We had the far better and clear cut chances (hit the woodwork twice, Browns sitter, Rogic's 1 on 1) etc.

19. Dirk_Diggler

Please can a have help

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2016
  20. Smarty1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    joe ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Goodbye Ronny, luvly guy but you and your no's 2 and 3 won't take our great club any further. The fascination with fitness(apparently)has been your downfall. Get sum1 else in now!