1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ronny Deila Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Glasgow_Bhoy88, Jun 6, 2014.

Discuss The Ronny Deila Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. john26

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I think we have some decent players that are capable of wining games consistently. We just need a manager that knows how and when to use them. Deila has proved he is not capable of doing this with his clueless subs and timing of subs. His inability to change games is a joke the guy has no passion for our club. His interviews just anger me now I wish he would just go and take Collins and Kennedy with him.

2. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    This.

Too much frustration being directed at Ronny, being bitterly disappointed is one thing but some of the accusatory remarks are plain stupid. Its obvious he cares about us.

The board hired him when they were to apathetic and too cheap to lure out another option, its went * up and now the board have refused to act, Ronny should have been gone after our 2nd CL exit. But maintaining a status quo of steady ST sales and merch sales whilst holding on to a manager who doesn't complain or cause them problems is more important to them than the product on the park.

3. CharlieMulgrini

I have to say: This.

But also, I'm angry with Delia for his inability to change things when they're broken, or playing * players making us weaker and more susceptible to attack, or by not being able to overcome even a whiff of adversity.

I am still holding out thin, weak hope that there will be a press conference today, saying he's tried, failed, and got his jotters. The fact his mediocrity is allowed to be continued by our board DEFINITELY says it all about this current Celtic board. The fans get short changed, shafted, a terrible manager, a terrible product on the pitch - yet they want us to buy the Merch. Buy the Season Tickets. Buy into anything.

Are we not called the SUPPORT?!

Why are we, then, not SUPPORTED, for * sake!!!

4. Sydneysider

:50::50::50:

Ronnie earns a quarter of Lawells salary, half the top players salary but cops all the flak. Youre right, Ronnie is " giving it his all' but you definitely cant say that for some of the squad, in this respect hes the victim not the villain.

We have a recruitment strategy that deserves its own episode of "Hoarders", never mind the quality look at the price... Cole for example might be OK, might be another Freddie Lunjberg... but he's free !.

All the "rumours" re the changing room unrest havent helped, but then it
    isnt the first time we have been cursed by rats in the ranks

5. Jayzhinho67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing !
    Think no matter what happens he is here till the end of the season.

After that i think he will be gone regardless if we get the double.

6. Smada

Ronny said he will leave if we lose the league, he does realise it's ABERDEEN we are fighting with for the league not Rangers. All the people sticking up for him are a big part of this and accept the * he has done and is doing. Wake up

7. ordinaryman

Tend to agree with you with one exception. Winning the League is a must for this Club. The Board is not stupid. Individually and collectively they know that. If we lost next game - Ross home - and Dons win next 2 - away to St Johnstone & Caley away - I could see Ronny getting the Push and WGS being asked to take charge until end of season. Should already have happened but maybe WGS or SFA said "No".

8. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I don't want WGS. His style was murder to watch. New blood for me if Ronny goes.

9. Wolf

He has completely changed his style compared to his Celtic days have you watched Scotland?

10. Roskopicachu

Thing is he's not even worth arguing about. He's the manager and lets just agree the board don't see things like we do. Me personally i don't think he's backed the right players in the right positions. I also don't think he handles the stress very well, and lets make something clear, this system he uses isn't the only way to play football.

We've an easy run-in but i don't think the board want to fork out the cash when he's got 4 months left.

His form has been so poor though, i don't think he deserves to go out with another title under his belt and it would be great for whoever came in to get the first trophy in straight away.

So i don't agree with waiting until the Summer to then have the thing drag on and on.

11. ordinaryman

His style wins us games, Leagues and it's a stop gap. Plus he loves this Club.

12. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I go to the games and Scotland are murder.

13. celtic20

Pish.

With the exception of Georgia away and perhaps away to the Irish, Scotland were good to watch in the last campaign.

He was very successful during his time here, style for now doesn't matter to me. I just want us to extend this * gap at the top a bit more, and Strachan would no doubt be able to do that in my opinion.

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Agreed. Not downplaying the guy, his contribution to the cause was well excellent on the whole. I just wish we'd stop looking back with nostalgia and look to the future.

15. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Quit if we lose the league, will ye aye? This * doesnt getting it im telling yas and he never did. I dont even want to watch our next game (not counting EK even i dont think he will * that up) with his big stupid forrest gump head at the sidelines not knowing what to do. Quit if I lose the league, you're * * right you will you * imbecile. Shut the * up and quit now and do us all a favour.

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He has had Scotland playing some cracking stuff, think he's really grown as a manager since he was with us.

17. Wolf

You are a depressing soul, lighten the * up will you

18. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Not matter what his style WGS would be an improvement. I would rather us play unattractive football and win than play unattractive football and lose. In fact I would rather see us win ugly in the CL then win in style in the EL

19. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    This. I don't think he would walk out on Scotland though as he is one of the few who stick to their word.

20. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    WGS can organise a team properly. I take him in an instant.