1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ronny Deila Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Glasgow_Bhoy88, Jun 6, 2014.

Discuss The Ronny Deila Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Stop embarrassing yourself mate. No SPFL team has a better defence than us. You made a * of it and if I were you I'd admit it or shut the * up.

How unsurprising to find you doing neither.

2. Swervedancer Guest

I think we have a better defence that the stats suggests but it looks like you might have a point.

Celtic 19

Aberdeen 22

Hearts 24

3. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Thank you

4. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Your a * did you no that

5. Swervedancer Guest

Christie scored against Rangers in a Development Squad game today. :50:

Allan is the one player I wish he would play. I've seen so many good passes from him in the short amount of game time he's had. He usually makes something happen.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
  6. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Big Vic was an anomaly imo but you make fair points otherwise. I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions just yet on any of them personally.

7. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Know I didn't.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    For comparison, we conceded 18 in Europe this season, in 12 games.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    But all these defences in Scotland we come up against do exactly that, defend deep, in numbers..

No one on here is expecting a solid defence just now when we don't have one for a variety of reason's. Efe will never consistently provide that, under any formation, and that partnership with Boyata, is the worst possible partnership we have at the club..

We all know we play with high full back's and attack for the majority, most of the time, so we're always gonna leave gaps. Look at some of the best side's on the planet, Bayern and Barca. How many time's do they get caught out by a straight ball over the top or through the middle? I don't think we'll ever entirely cut it out, but with a solid defence and leader Sviatchenko, along with say Simunovic, we should get it right eventually..

It's not just defence by the way, it's a sitter in midfield. Someone is gonna have to fill it for us..

10. Gourlay1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tam Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I have always tried my best to be pro ronny. Yesterday was the final straw. From team selection to keeping the wrong players on the pitch to overall no plan b,c,d etc. I have lost all faith in Ronny Delia. I think its time for him to go as I dont want to even think about him leading us into champions league qualifiers. For him to come out at the end and say he wants the fans to recognise positives in a 3-1 defeat is beyond me. Time to go.

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:

I'm not saying we won't leave gaps, I'm saying we're just not organised at all. You can see that at set pieces as well, whether we're defending man for man or zonal, there's a basic lack of organisation.

It definitely isn't just the defence, this happens all over the pitch. Sometimes you just need to muck in and cover for the * around you. There's not a lot of that just now.

12. Mr. Slippyfist

I think that's a pretty harsh assessment mate - if it were THAT bad, then we'd concede goals from almost every attack. We do defend well, but it's just the times that we lack that wee bit of dig or concentration, they score against us - that is in no way an excuse, but we really, really do need to be better.

Yesterday I don't think is a prime example of this, considering we played most of the game with 10 men on that massive Hampdung pitch - but we defintely required a bit of bite against that team yesterday - who pretty much bullied us through the full match, plus the referee was an out-and-out disgrace, few times we were penalised for a foul, then the County player did the exact same thing minutes later, play on.....and look at Lustig getting booked for dissent, County player does it very soon after.....Warning.

We GMS was getting back and covering at times yesterday - hope to see more of it from the wee fella.

13. Swervedancer Guest

Jeez oh. We got counter attacked to blazes in Europe this season.

McGuire right about trying to play a high line link Barca.

Very few players can do that.

When we played Ajax and Fener we sat a bit deeper and I think we should play a bit more like that in the league because we'll need the practise for Europe. I think would should treat every team like that in Europe. Might mean a little less attacking football but all less heart attacks watching defenders telegraphing balls into midfield that get intercepted.

Made a mistake in original post.

These are the goals for stats.

Celtic 63

Aberdeen 38

Hearts 42

EDIT: well this is very embarrassing. I was wondering how can that possible be so I checked again :52:

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's because of the lack of continuity. Barring Lustig, who's been in and out, it's been a whole new defence, unfamiliar with each other. Its say's a lot when Lustig is in more just now than a settled centre back partnership..

We know we've lacked a leader at the back, our number 1 target this window was a title winning centre back captain who is breaking in to the Denmark fold, so we've looked to addres that problem of no leader and character at the heart of our defence. Getting a solid partnership, playing regularly.....SHOULD help us rectify some problems..

We've also had our centre mid captain out. We all know how big that is for the whole side..

15. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

See what you did their.:icon_mrgreen:

I think he got it wrong yesterday with the first substition,
    I think he should have waited 10 - 15 mins to see how things
    were panning out, maybe just dropped Nir deeper.

Saying that if they had gone & scored a goal before he made the sub
    he would be "getting it wrong again" for dallying.:icon_mrgreen:

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Like I said, teams don't have a lot of quality to punish us in the SPFL and we have good players at the back, a higher quality than the likes that are attacking us. This makes a huge difference, in Europe it's a different story though, especially when we've played our standard 'SPFL style' of football - Malmo/Molde specifically. We did show a bit of organisation against Fenerbache and Ajax though, I'll give him that.

Thomson was a disgrace mate, I was talking about the incident that specifically led to the red card though, I think we've been full of those types of moments all season. All it takes is either Ambrose to concentrate or Lustig to try and cover his defensive partner, regardless of if he thought he was getting the ball or not.

I liked the look of Sviatchenko, he was a talker, that's something we need at the back, a man in the middle organising everyone. Tierney has bite and one of the best things about Simunovic is he tries to cover those around him - so we might have hope they're, going forwards here but even at that, the players infront of the defence need to show the same desire and team work that we want to see from the defence.

17. Swervedancer Guest

Got a good feeling about Erik yesterday. He could be not bad.

18. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

Hopefully Ronnie will take note. I just feel that he will not find a place in the centre this year It seems pointless to buy so many midfielders when they have little chance of getting game. Johnasen, Brown and Bitton are almost always going to start if fit. Waiting the the wings we also have Rogic and McGregor. That leaves Christie and Allan as 6th and 7th choice at best for 3 positions. I added at best because I think the new loan guy is also a centre mid

19. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

but why cant the manager adjust the team to players he has

for eg, if we have a lb like lustig who has been injury * for long enough and a efe ambrose a mistake ridden player alongside boyata who the jury is out and a young guy trying and succeeding by and large at making a name for himself at left back

why the * can't ronny be a bit safer with his approach ? that defence aint great and aint the ideal defence we would want to put out, so protect it some how

we look an absolute mess at times the manager any manager must be able to change things around we have to be able to have other ways of playing and the 1 up front does not work well in scotland when every team sits back and plays counter attacking exploiting our over enthusiatic but stupid back four

its like the manager has not game intelligence and neither does the players, maybe i'm being over emotional

sometimes you just think go a normal 442 that the players know inside out and are comfortable with and get the ball into the 2 strikers and let them play off one another and we will score barrowloads against the * defenders we play against in scotland

20. Swervedancer Guest

Yeah the amount of midfielders we have is quite insane. We've got Aidan Nesbitt performing well in the Development Squad too. Then Henderson's loan is up in the summer and he's supposed to be having a great season?

How are you going to start Johansen Bitton and Brown? It's something I've been wondering about since Broony came back. Was concerned he took Bitton off because that's Johansen ahead of him now. You putting Johansen CM? Did you forget about Commons?

How many mids do we have now about 14?