1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ronny Deila Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Glasgow_Bhoy88, Jun 6, 2014.

Discuss The Ronny Deila Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    A part of me wants to keep him till the end of the season and send him off with a league title and (hopefully) the cup and another part of me wants to bring in a new man to get to know his squad before the qualifiers...

Either way I'm not comfortable with Deila leading us into Europe next season.

2. wulliebad

There is no way the club are getting rid of the manager having just signed 2-3 player this window..unless we have a train crash in the league in the next few months.
    Think he will also get another summer crack at europe.
    As i have said...after yesterdays farce im not bothered any more stay or go.....meh.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We can be slated for many thing's. That one just doesn't stack up..

4. Minimalist

I don't believe they will either but signing the players isn't operated by Deila anyway so......

5. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I really don't think there would be any point in keeping him just to 'send him off with a league title'. It would be hugely unproffessional to do so imo.

6. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I think Armstrong is struggling, but Allan hasnt really been given a chance.

GMS is ok but Griffiths has overachieved given fans expectations of him

Tierney has Celtic Captain written all over him and Gordon and McGregor have done ok.

Forrest and Brown.....cracking players, although wee James has struggled at times.

I think overall the Scottish players have done well and id like to see more....with maybe only 2 or 3 foreign players to add that little something we struggle to find at home.

7. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Agreed. There is warranted criticism in more than a few areas, so they only hinder their own arguments when they just spout utter guff for the sake of attacking the team. Terrible ill thought out pack mentality imo.

8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    They don't have better quality defence, that's just daft, what they have are better organised defences. We rely on quality to see us through far too much, which is why we get pumped when we play against teams in Europe who rely on quality and organisation within the team and system.

9. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

yeah hes not signing them

10. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Sigh. Jesus *.

11. Minimalist

He doesn't get how own background staff, even if he got sacked whos going to stand for that? Owen Coyle?

12. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Interestingly the better players in your list have come through the ranks or were at the club previous to Ronnie bar maybe Gordon. Our new policy of getting the best Scottish talent has not proved at all successful.

13. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

As a unit they can perform better. As individuals they are miles behind.

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Pretty much. Like us when we played against Barca.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    True. In no way has anyone got a better defence in Scotland. It's ludicrous..

For large part's of yesterday, with 10 men, after we'd been running amock, they were camped in with every man in and around the box. You can call it well organised or safety in numbers. We just won't, and should never play like that domestically. Let's be honest, 11v11 and we murdered that County well organised defence, like we already were, before.....

16. Roy's Keane

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Ever thought about letting them play for a season or two and letting them develop before forming an opinion? Or are Scott Allan, Armstrong, Christie etc just *, the end

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Being organised in defence doesn't mean playing defensively mate, it's about stepping up at the same time, covering your partners at the back, cutting out the early ball, filling in spaces, snuffing out counters.

Denayer and Van Dijk were well organised, as were Bobo and Mjallby with whoever else was in defence for them. Cover your arses, help each other out and play to strengths. We don't do that across the board defensively just now. It's all very individual.

The sending off is a perfect example, Ambrose should have cut out the early ball, Lustig should be covering in behind there in the off chance that Ambrose doesn't cut out that pass, Lustig just lets his man run off him, that makes Ambrose mistake far worse and him being Ambrose, tries to make up for it and daftly gets himself sent off.

It's about concentration and helping the guys out around you, we do very little of that at the moment.

18. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

You are really funny

Listen, I know your a fan of Delia but if you take the ronny tinted glasses off for one minute and just open your eyes ,we are a * shambles at the back, are we no?

Am not one for going into detail about stats regarding any other club but it there on the pitch for all to see , we are garbage for Christ sake we have 2 * diddys for centre backs and a right back who is slow as a week in jail

Wake the * up

19. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

That would be great. Unfortunately I don't call the shots. Allan has been here six months and has very little playing time. At 24 if he is not good enough to get a chance why was he bought?

Armstrong has been played out of position and has performed poorly. Might be a good player but he might not get the chance to prove it.

Christie I wont be holding my breath on.

By comparison Vic signed aged 20 and was swiftly given first team football in a position that suited his talent

20. ordinaryman

Sad to say have to agree with everything you've said. Maybe it's because as a 60 something have seen it all before and I'm numb to our mediocrity. I just don't see this current squad and Management Team - RD/JC/JK - getting us into CL qualies. We don't have anyone in Management or Team who can grab a game when things not going well and change things for the better - closest we have is Commons.