1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ronny Deila Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Glasgow_Bhoy88, Jun 6, 2014.

Discuss The Ronny Deila Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Maestro 08

Think you might need to get your abacus back out. Also when you start saying we could win it with a janny then its a slippery slope to that mindset.

2. tatata

Have we improved since he took charge? In my opinion that's a clear no and yet all he seems to say is "improving" when frankly I ain't seeing it. We have went backwards ( not all the managers fault due to the board ) but had he got the club to the CL we would have better standard players due to some CL money and not signing Dundee Utds attackers.

3. Dáibhí

Well, that's what was reported, and realistically it's all we have to go on for most matters as fans, isn't it?

Didn't some experienced options turn us down after Lennon left due to the finances being offered though?

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Roy Keane did. I don't think he counts as an experienced option.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Still spoutin yer pish, aul yin?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport..._the_Norwegian_Jurgen_Klopp__I_am_my_own_man/

6. Mannix

Manager of a club of Celtic's size should be on at least 1 million a year.

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Can see his point though, who would we get, be some other unknown from abroad or some numpty from England. Anyone remotely decent wouldny come near us like Moyes or Rogers, be as well saying we should sign Lukaku and Mane as suggesting them, they could walk into jobs on 5x the wages and fail at them then walk into another and fail again before they thought about coming here knowing they'd get the job no bother.

8. Maestro 08

Cheeso you're hard work. Aye ok, I retract my statement where I made a claim of speaking for the Celtic board your honour :87:. Ffs if you took that literally then you're not all there.

I presumed when you were on a Celtic forum with hundreds of like minded bam pots (me included) you might have an extension to your view of Ronny out & such & such in. Clearly too much to ask.

9. Wicker Bhoy

So 95% of other clubs wouldn't have sacked him by now then? It's just us and our unique position that should sack him?

10. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    I honestly believe the players would have enough tactical knowledge between themselves to beat the likes of Hamilton & St.Johnstone as the gap in quality is so substantial, Ronny's tactics are shocking and we'll still stroll the league this season. Can you name me 5 teams in world football who have it easier than we do domestically? Winning the Title is not really an achievement, it's a certainty. It would be one of the biggest shocks in sporting history if we didn't win it.

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Fair enough :50:

I'm surprised at that.

12. Mr. Slippyfist

So why aren't they winning every game imaginable then? All Ronny's fault? :56::56::56::56:

You're embarrassing yourself big time this morning Gaz - which is surprising for a fella as smart as yourself!

13. Dáibhí

Yeah, well, if someone like Keane is knocking us back I don't see much hope in attracting the likes of Di Matteo.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

Even IF Lennon was on this reported £1m before he left - I think yous would need to be off yer nut if you honestly believe Lennon was on £1m per year when he first took on the Celtic job - obviously incriments with new contracts/bonuses etc.

15. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Thats a defeatist attitude. What do we do then if we fail to qualify again next year. Stick because there is nobody else out there? Should we give up ever playing the CL again because we cannot get a manager capable of bringing us. Should we then maybe consider spending less on players as we will only need good enough to beat SPFL teams?

16. JasonMcG1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    kieran tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace

Do you honestly believe that ? Been reading threw this thread and a few posts made me nearly open my mouth but its getting to the point you say what ye think ye get attacked with insults pathetic really , back to my point i agree with you 100% we have not improved . But if we had qualified for the champions league we would still be getting the pish signings we got thats on the board though because there penny pinching

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Depends on why he knocked us back though, according to his book money wasn't the biggest factor.

At the end of the day, it's down to what ambition the board want to fulfill, doesn't it? I don't think Ronny is peerless though, I don't think we couldn't get any better than him out of every other manager in football.

18. Fanny Chmelar

No players wins all games like you are suggesting regardless of how great they are compared to other players in the same league.

19. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    What club wins every game man? So if we didn't have a manager you don't think we'd have enough quality to win the title? I do.

Haha It's an football messaging board mate, why would I feel embarrassed over anything? I don't take this forum seriously unlike a lot of others on here. Vendetta's against people and folk insulting each other & holding grudges for months etc. :smiley-laughing002: They're just usernames.

20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    But it doesnt matter that much whos in the job I dont think, I think we should change manager as his style of play is failing now but the reality is we're dominant domestically and are going to struggle in Europe probably regardless of whos in charge as we cant get or keep good players and are constantly yoyoing up and down in terms of quality.

Me or you could pick the team and formation and qualify for the Champions League and win a treble or we could get knocked out and only win the League.

Id sack him as I think the players are struggling and hes not changing anything but I dont think a new manager will really change anything other than we might play a bit better but we'd probably still be as likely to qualify for the CL or win the Treble as we are now.