1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ronny Deila Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Glasgow_Bhoy88, Jun 6, 2014.

Discuss The Ronny Deila Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Our spending champions league or EL is actually pretty similar year on year.

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Wgaes mabye a bit different? Prestige definitely by being able to entice better players.

3. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    No

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Cool. Carry on then.

We're all enjoying it so much.

5. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Your head is firmly placed up your hole. You spout constant negatives about our manager and team but not once have you suggested a viable alternative. Your clearly unable to grasp the bigger picture. Impatient, nieve and disrespectful. You and Donald Trump would make good * buddies. Hope I never have to stand beside you at a game

6. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    In what way did he destroy what Lennon built? Continually selling the players that Lennon had brought in has bad nothing to do with Ronny, that's down to the board.

7. CharlieMulgrini

Essentially any chance Ronny gets, he bleats: "we're a selling club". We are. He's right. There's NO CHANCE now in the current climate to build things anymore - those halcyon days are long gone now.

Any good player we get will move to the EPL's Saints or one of their rivals if they become rated at 10 million or above. Any success in Europe is therefore to be credited. Sadly, Ronny has presided over failure piled upon more failure, and progress? Next year equates to: entry into the Champions League, or jotters. Simple as.

January's transfer windae will make or break the man, mark my words fellow timaloys

COYBIG
    In The Thumb we trust

8. 7-1

You're one of the most irritating people on this forum. Like, you spout so much * and it's getting to the stage where I'm wondering if you're troll. I don't think I have ever read one of your posts and actually agreed with one sentence.

How did Ronny destroy what Lenny built? You honestly think Ronny said "Aye, let's sell VVD for 12 mill, sign boyata on a free thats a great plan". Or "Aye lets sell Forster, sign a goalkeeper who hasn't played in years due to injury." ETC. Naw, he doesn't get to say who is sold, the board does and to be perfectly honest, I highly doubt if he even gets to sign the players. I mean, a couple months ago I noticed he was fielding a team of basically the same players he took over from Lennon even after buying a lot. It shows he doesn't rate many of the new bhoys brought in.

Costing us 40 million? You can't expect any manager to achieve by losing his best players year in year out and buying in absolute dross. Since Lennon left the scouting system has been *, and that isn't anything to do with Ronny at all. Granted, I believe we should of beat Maribor but the rest of the teams we played in the last qualifying round were just any bit as good as us.

As for the bottling part of your post, if the referees done their job right last year we would of had a treble, a first in many many years. Thats a ridiculous statement.

9. CharlieMulgrini

Oh, and a creditable draw - in Turkey - ain't a bad thing

Maybe Deila will get there ... eventually

COYBIG
    In The Thumb we trust

10. Tulf

This still gives me faith in Ronny.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXCgwKAH1Uw[/ame]

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    January window is a biggie for him.

Needs a bit of backing and some experience brought in, then kick on.

12. obafgkmlt The Unseen Fenian American SpaceTeuchter

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Jules
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing

I saw this video last year and it's what solidified me a Ronny supporter. He's not stupid by any measure.

13. Richmal

i cant believe the support delia still gets, he is a * flop, hopeless manager that is losing us fortunes each year, he WILL * it up next year if he is allowed to!... useless manager who should be kicked out now!:38:

14. Dáibhí

Would it though? I'm of the belief that we'd still be spending the same as we are even without Champions League qualification.

It's hardly a situation where the board hands our manager a "war chest" if we qualify, is it?

In fact, it looks to me as though the manager was given less to spend last season following Champions League qualification the year before than he was this season, which followed no Champions League football.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    It would, the prestige of the competition allows us to sign better players. Even at the same prices, case in point, Van Dijk said he wouldn't have been here if not for our last 16 run.

It raises the profile of the club, we seem a far more viable option to players. A Champions League team rather than a team that just plays in a footballing backwater.

16. Mannix

The board have no intention of backing Deila. They are waiting for the new huns to arrive. The Deila years will be seen as wasted years when we look back on them in a few years time. He should be sacked this morning, we have little or no chance of qualifying for the CL next summer with him.

17. Dáibhí

That has * all to do with the money earned though, does it? You're talking about the prestige and reputation of playing Champions League football.

OG1 said that the money earned would allow us to sign better players, when I contest that our manager is given a transfer budget that doesn't really differ all that greatly from when we do qualify to when we don't.

On your point, I don't know if I actually buy into that either. When it comes to the Champions League we're usually considered among the bottom two tiers of clubs in the tournament, among the sides who consider themselves a success if they qualify beyond the group stages.

I doubt the likes of Zagreb, Astana or Malmo will see a rush of quality players wanting to join them this summer because they have played Champions League football.

They'll still be viewed as clubs playing in a footballing backwater, with the possibility of six games in the Champions League thrown in, just like us.

18. murphy88

Is there a quote for that? There might well be, I just don't remember him saying that.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    His first interview, he framed it more positively than that but that was the takeaway from it. He was saying about our achievments in Europe and he's here for the Champions League.

20. murphy88

We qualified for the Champions League twice on the bounce under Lennon, and got gradually worse. Qualifying for the CL might well bring in more revenue, but there is no evidence to suggest we improve on the park the following season because of it.