1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ronny Deila Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Glasgow_Bhoy88, Jun 6, 2014.

Discuss The Ronny Deila Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Celtic Way

Sean dyche out of work ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    He is the most overly excused manager I can remember at the club, honestly he has some fans wrapped around his finger, and unfortunately it will likely cost us another CL campaign because fan pressue is the only thing that is likley to see him shifted from his comfortable perch.

The reaction isn't knee-*, it's due to us being eliminated from CL qualifying 3 times in 12 months by teams with a fraction of our budget, to him failing to learn tactically and due to the narrowing gap between us and the rest of the SPFL. I could accept all that - honestly I could - if it looked like we were decent progress on the pitch, unfortuantely this just isn't the case, and after 18 months that isn't good enough.

3. Goggzy60

Contract up in summer and can't see Deila leaving before then but I can also see him in the EPL I prefer Lucien Favre myself and we can get him in now

4. The Celtic Way

So he is not out of work ?

5. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    All I can say is thank * the sheep lost 3 games straight. Ronny is a very poor manager and he wont be missed. An impostor of the highest order.

6. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

7. Goggzy60

Not yet but will be soon

8. The Celtic Way

So will the managers whos contracts end next year

9. Blantyre Bhoy

Deila is totally clueless, tactics are pish and his coaching team need hunted along with our scouting staff.

Boyata, Ambrose, Izzy are all sub standard, they simply can´t defend. How can you keep Johansen in centre midfield when he ain´t performing, yet he subs Commons who actually is more of a danger, he´s clueless !!!

10. TimFloyd Gold Member

It's better he goes sooner rather than later, to me it looks like he has lost it with the players and they haven't really bought into his way of things.

There kinda isn't really a way back once that is set in motion.

It's always going to be the manager that pays the price.

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Is that the entire midfield, with 2 up front you're suggesting?

12. Glorious1967

Coyle, Clarke and Lambert are a step up on Ronny Clueless, but as much as im horrified at the idea John Hughes would have us set up better than Deila

13. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Yes it is solid in midfield and gives Griff and Stokes the chance to link up domestically. Forrest can come in for Stokes on occasion with some tinkering especially in Europe.

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It's certainly different, even if I think it would make us quite narrow. Unfortunately I can't see that level of experimentation coming from Ronny.

15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The thing is, no-one has forgotten the good games, but we've been poor for most of this season, and you're only as good as your last result.

Scraping past Motherwell and Hamilton shows how poor we've been playing as a team recently without taking last night in to consideration.

16. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    He hasn't got his preferred defensive partnership. I will reserve judgement til simunovic and boyata play....until then...he's on a knifeedge...

still think we will make it out the group though...

17. tino1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo - Larsson - Stubbs - Hartson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields - Over & Over
    I think as a club we are so far backwards in terms of where we want to be is astounding.

To think we were previous European champions nearly 50 years ago and in Uefa cup final 2003 to were we are now is terrible..
    year on year we have been downsizing, downsizing downsizing. I comes a time were we have to stand up and say is this what Celtics all about!!

We have won 1 european away game in ten years away from home (group games) games that matter. The level of qualifier teams we can get nowadayas due to the Champions route etc.. and seed means we should be beating the other teams around us which we are not doing.
    Winning the league year after year is a given as we have no other major challanger. Yes aberdeen put up a decent fight start of season but weve always been slow starters.

Think not only should the manager be changed along with the backroom team but Pete Lawwell & some of the directors were if they arent new on ideas to bring new revenue streams in or want to invest then tiem for a whole sea of change as being nowbodys in europe doesn't get the fans interested.

You only need to look at the attendances at Parkhead now to notice the fans are losing interest.

Feel deflated and down after last nights result but hey as long as we beat Celtic feeder club on sunday.:52::52:

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Really? I don't. I think we'll see an improved performance at Paradise in the next game, but Molde will still sit deep and be organised defensively. It isn't going to get any easier.

Not having his preferred defensive partnership is also no excuse for basic errors that have cost us goals this season. A player being left unmarked in the box, when there are 3 Celtic players in the box, is unacceptable at * level never mind in the Europa League.

19. tino1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo - Larsson - Stubbs - Hartson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields - Over & Over
    Will we be happy to just make it out of the group? Where is our hunger to be the best that we can be!
    Qualifying out group should be a minimum requirement for the team..

20. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Narrow is good when width is provided by fullbacks. If we played this shape and dropped our line by 15-20 yards most of our problems will be fixed. It wont happen with * Mike Bassett in the dugout though. He has to go. Today.