1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ronny Deila Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Glasgow_Bhoy88, Jun 6, 2014.

Discuss The Ronny Deila Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Malmo and Maribor didn't 'easily' knock us out.

I haven't said that I want to increase the spending budget, all I said was that the club won't do it to buy the sort of players that could make qualification easier.

2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think you're missing his point, mate. If I make it more extreme, hopefully it'll become clear: if McInnes, through sheer managerial genus, made Aberdeen as good as Barcelona, there would be no shame in losing the league to them, regardless of our greater budget. It would never happen, though.

Gabriel's point is similar, but less extreme: if McInnes managed to get Aberdeen to win 108 points (34 times 3 plus 6 from 12 against us) in the league this season, then they would be one of the best teams ever to win the Scottish League and there would be no shame losing to them, regardless of budget. Again, won't happen through.

3. murphy88

Yet I wouldn't say we are any better than Malmo. Maribor I would, but I wouldn't have fancied us to beat some Junior sides at the start of last season if I'm honest.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Which is my point really, it's not always down to money. We should be at a higher level than we are.

Last 2 games are a step forward though.

5. Cmcgregor90

No roar yesterday not even a pitch appearance to clap the fans... He stood on the touch line at full time shaking hands from what I could see.

Has the media done there job and sucked the life out the guy of appreciating the fans or have I missed something and it's being going on for while? Minus losing games this season of course

6. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson

Haha well put across mate but like you say, that's not going to happen.

Aberdeen winning this league either the way they're playing now or to their full potential, would be unacceptable for us.

7. HWGTIAR!

I don't think so. I think Ronny just wants to get us roaring again, pardon the pun, before he starts celebrating wins. When we steamroller Aberdeen, there'll be plenty of * fist pumps coming our way. :smiley-laughing002:

8. HWGTIAR!

Well, I don't think anyone's said that, so your point's redundant.

Did we not? :smiley-laughing002:

We secured European football after Christmas, won the double and reached the Scottish Cup semi-final, while playing some cracking football.

9. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    I think not dropping any points until we reverse this deficit and then some is a reasonable objective for our manager. I want a good ten plus game winning run in the league, possibly 15 games plus.

10. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You still haven't explained why you think that is reasonable.

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Good teams have the mentality to go on runs like that at crucial times in the season.

I'm not too bothered just now but once we hit our stride in December/January I'll be wanting an 8/9/10/11 game winning run.

It's definitely not beyond us, right now the calendars a bit overcrowded, here there and everywhere. As long as we keep quite close to Aberdeen it's sound.

12. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    I think I have but dropping points while we are five behind would indicate a lack of bottle and consistency. If the sheep lose a couple of games in a row or something then it might be different but while they keep winning the minimum requirement is to keep up. Falling further behind is not acceptable in my eyes.

13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Can't believe there's so many people * it about Aberdeen. I hope they do keep it up, makes it a * load more interesting when there's something to play for. Can only give our players motivation.

We will win the league, I'm confident of that.

14. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Give me the league in the bag at Xmas any day. Too much pain when it gos the distance.

15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I wouldn't say I'm worried about it, however if they can maintain the gap until December I would be.

I said this when the huns died and was pretty much laughed at on here :smiley-laughing002: A team doesdn't have to be necessarilly better than us to challenge us, they just have to be better than the rest and the current Aberdeen side are. They're not showing any signs of dropping points so we're going to need ot keep up an equally high level of consitency.

16. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We will go on a run at some point, history shows that. It's just demanding the run at a given time that is unreasonable, the probabilities are against it. Even if we're on form the chances of us starting a 5-game run now is only about 1/3, mate. It's not reasonable for him to demand that of Ronny. It is reasonable to expect that at some point in the season, we will go on one of these runs and pull away from Aberdeen, but that's not the same thing.

17. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    When you have a small number of games, luck plays an important part. You still haven't answered that objection.

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I don't think football follows mathematical formula mate. A massive part is mentality, I agree it's not reasonable, infact it'd be * stupid to sack him if he draws 1 game.

He's also thinking that Aberdeen aren't going to drop anything, chances are that's not going to happen. It's 8 games into the season, a long, long way to go.

19. murphy88

If Aberdeen keep winning, then having the league wrapped up that early is just not possible. I think this season, it will be the most competitive since Lennon's first season in charge.

20. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    They are better than the diddies and get it done against them therefore we have to assume that they will beat them in every game (even though they wont) dropping points while we are chasing them is unacceptable. Why is this so difficult to understand? Until we are comfortably clear then every league game is a must win. We do not have the luxury of being able to drop points while we are in this position.