1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ronny Deila Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Glasgow_Bhoy88, Jun 6, 2014.

Discuss The Ronny Deila Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's got the right idea TBF. Build a team of players that can all do a great job at SPL level but aren't good enough for England so he can keep it together and make it more than the sum of its parts. As you yourself pointed out, they can win the league by being better than grinding out results against diddy teams than us. I hope he does sustain it, I'd love a real title race again.

Nevertheless I must repeat that we've had an OK start to our league campaign. Even in the worse case scenario where we don't improve at all, our current standard would see us finish on 90 points. To put that into perspective, Aberdeen got 75 points last season.

Honestly, mate, you must see that it's not fair to demand that Deila won his next 5 games from a purely statistical point of view. You could have a team of Mourinho, Stein, Klopp and Ferguson as our manager and it'd still be unreasonable to demand 5 wins from the next 5. I outlined the probabilities above.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2015
  2. HWGTIAR!

Let's keep this simple: what you're saying when you want rid of Ronny Deila on the basis of our league form this season is that you want a manager who would have won rather than drawn at Rugby Park and won rather than lost at Pittodrie Stadium. That's it. You want to sack a man on the back of two games. That's absolutely nutty. :smiley-laughing002:

What if we bring in another manager and he wins five, draws one and loses one? Sack him as well? Just rinse and repeat until we have a manager who can match the current run of form that our nearest rival's on? :smiley-laughing002:

3. VikingBhoy

"I had noticed a change in the players. We have worked a lot to find reasons (for bad performances) and to get over it, move on and get back to the level we were at and also get better. The last two performances have been good. We can get better.”

-Ronny

The best is yet to come :50:

4. UsernameCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The foggy dew
    No shame in losing to a club that * sheep and have a budget that is 15x time smaller than ours?

5. saltire78

Let's get straight to it here. If (and its s big if) we go through the season and we have the same points as Aberdeen from the head to head matches against Aberdeen, and they win every other game, it would be a PHENOMENAL season, by the standards of any team, in any league, in any country. it'd represent such a performance that I'd expect Mcinnes and Aberdeen to win uefa awards for their display. I'd also expect the award to be presented by Lord Lucan, riding in on the back of Shergar, over a rainbow bridge. But by *, I wouldn't expect US to sack our manager because they'd CLEARLY DESERVE TO WIN THE LEAGUE. Insane to suggest otherwise.

6. HWGTIAR!

:smiley-laughing002::50:

7. JoeDan67

The only people going overboard about two games are those who think that Ronny is now a genius. We may well be experiencing a new dawn, but we've been here before.

We got a good 2-2 draw in Saltzburg and tore Dundee Utd apart last season, but didn't really go on as most of us hoped we would. Let's see a run of 5 or 6 games before we declare everything is rosey

8. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    Absolute nonsense. After the first 8 games of last season in the League, Aberdeen's record was W4: D1: L3. Hardy the same similar good start they have had to this season. Also, if by "stayed at the top" you mean them being in 1st position, then that's miles off as well because it took them until 6th December to reach 4th. They took 1st position off of us for the first (and only) time on 28th December, where they stayed for only 3½ weeks. We reclaimed top spot after winning 4-0 against Motherwell on the 21st January. So they didn't "stay at the top" for the best part of the year at all.

Us, on the other hand, took top spot on the 9th November after beating Aberdeen 2-1, where we stayed right the way through until the end of the season (apart from the weeks between the 28th December and 17th January). Comparing the first 8 League games of this season to the first 8 of last season, we've actually started better this season (W6: D1: L1) than we did last season (W4: D2: L2). Yet you're still moaning :rolleyes:

Most of your time seems to be taken up by praising Aberdeen and that * McInnes rather than getting behind Deila and Celtic.

9. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    He's hardly going to say "That's our peak, no point in watching again" is he? :smiley-laughing002:
    I agree. It's not going to happen though.

10. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

No shame losing to a team that goes unbeaten for the season is what I said.

Believing Aberdeen could actually achieve this feat is akin to believe a club can die and mysteriously reanimate itself as the same team.

11. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    They're playing the same opposition as us mate. If they do that then, yes, imo there still is shame in losing to them. It obviously means they were better than us, which would be unacceptable because of our quality of player and budget being much higher than theirs.

12. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

So do you believe Aberdeen are going to go through the season unbeaten?

If an 8 year old boy could run a sub 10 second hundred meters then I would have no shame if he beat me in a 100m race.

13. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Of course they won't.

Aye, but that's not got anything to do with Aberdeen possibly winning the league (which they won't) :smiley-laughing002:

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Wrong. McGinn wasn't good enough for Celtic in the worst Celtic team of the past 20 years. Gary Mackay Steven has already established himself as a Celtic regular.

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I think he's improved since then, certainly seems to be more consistent.

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    *doesn't

Anyway, what you're failing to recognise is that it's harder than ever to qualify for the group stages of the Champions League. Teams around Europe that are not as historically big as us are constantly improving and we can't, as a club, expand our budget enough to buy players that are CL level ready.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Our budget dwarfs Maribor's and Malmo's mate. We can't just ignore that.

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Can't deny that, but he's still not a better player than GMS. If McGinn was better, Celtic or another club would have bought him from Aberdeen.

19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'm aware, and I still think we're a better team than Malmo, but against Malmo there are certain things you can't blame Deila for. Such as Berget being left unmarked for their first at Paradise, or Bitton and Van Dijk getting in one another's way for their second.

Then things like the ref chopping off a legitimate goal v them in Sweden. Had that stood I think we'd be in the group stages now.

There's clearly improvements to be made, but these calls for him to be sacked are just knee * reactions from childish, spoiled by success and fickle supporters.

20. Haywood Jablomi

Teams historically aren't as big as us yet they can easily knock us out of the CL,,,,, and you want us to increase our spending budget????? Sounds to me like we have a management team who can't do their job right.