1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ronny Deila Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Glasgow_Bhoy88, Jun 6, 2014.

Discuss The Ronny Deila Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Kurt 2112

Fav Celtic Player:
    Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    GMS looked a far better player then Armstrong for a while. Hes dipped in form but I wouldnt say hes not good enough. Can still do a job here.

2. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

I would prefer he took a little of the slack on his own shoulders. The players will not respond well to being humiliated in public.

Something along the lines of....yes the players were below par...I must also take some of the blame myself in hindsight I might have done things differently. A bad day at the office that we will try to ensure does not happen again.

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    How are they not good enough for Celtic? What is good enough for Celtic? Scepovic? Pukki? Balde?
    Do you realise where we are as a club now?
    I accept that we need to look abroad in order to find talent, I am all for it. However all too often we haven't looked at home for decent talent which was staring us in the face.

Deila has done that and has been widely praised for it. Now all of a sudden after last night everything he has done is * and wrong. :rolleyes:

Allan hasn't even started a game for us yet, Ciftci has only played in Europe, GMS has already shown that he is most certainly a good asset to have for us and Boyata could still prove to be a good signing.

4. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'm undecided on boyata and ciftci I'll give them more time and Allan also deserves time to prove himself. I think gms and Armstrong will be quality for us and janko does have something about him mainly because of his pace.

I think our midfield will eventually be 2 of brown biton and johansen with the 3 in front of gms Armstrong Forrest and griffiths up top. When we lose van dijk well possibly need 2 cb's and definitely need a lb.

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Saying Janko and Armstrong are the only promising players he's signed is complete nonsense, especially after your first sentence. We have barely seen two of the players mentioned, GMS has started the season poorly but did well last year and Boyata, despite some flaws has already shown that he is going to be a good defender for us.

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Don't think it is a moot point tbh, it was the same system with the same top six players. Maybe sitting a bit deeper..

We could have went there a defended first maybe with Mulgrew sitting in front of the defence with Bitton and Brown getting a foot hold on the game maybe something like this..

Mulgrew
    Brown Bitton Johansen
    Forrest
    Griffiths

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

This would have been roughly my reply as well Murphy.

8. tatata

The pressure in that performance told. He should have got the whole team a shot of whiskey before K.O ;)

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    See I disagree.

We've heard all that * before. "It won't happen again, players tried their best" etc etc. He got things wrong as well but the players were embarrassing last night.

Lennon was one for never coming out and criticising the side, even when we had been brutal. Some prefer managers to do that but I'm of the opposite opinion. Sometimes what they need is a public doing to realise just how rotten they were.

I don't mind him coming out and saying what he did. What he said is exactly what I was thinking when watching that game last night, they were hiding. No * wanted the ball.

If some players end up taking offence to it and go in a huff then they know where the door is.

I know many will disagree with me on that.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

That's the problem right there though for me.

I'm fine with signing the odd player from the SPFL but that's now 4 in the last 6 months when only one of them, maybe 2, realistically have a chance of establishing themselves in our team for a reasonable length of time. Those two for me are Armstrong and to a lesser extent, Allan.

When you say we missed the boat on some, those are the likes of Fletcher, Robertson, McCarthy etc. Players that we all knew were going to be good players at a higher level

I think GMS has ability but when we signed him, I wasn't too impressed. He blew hot and cold at United and wasn't always in their strongest eleven. Ciftci was decent enough but by no means a standout. I was happy enough when we signed him mind you, but that's probably because we just needed someone else.

Armstrong is clearly a player who has a good future. Allan seems to have potential to as well.

TL;DR - We should only be signing the players in Scotland who properly stand out

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I agree with all of that. Especially the last part.

I never said we should sign every single Scottish player who shows a bit of promise anyway. Look at my past posts on the matter and you'll see that. Everyone knows that long term the best talent comes from abroad, even if you are taking a greater risk.

I think the ones he has signed have been the right decision though, barring Ciftci perhaps who I wasn't all for and still have doubts about.

That's why I defended the point about him signing players from Scotland.

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Ultimately the buck stops with Ronny, it doesn't help when your captain was * anonymous tho, for whatever reason...

13. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    What does humiliating the players in public achieve? He can get tore into them in the dressing room throw hair dryers at them for all I care but not for the gratification of joe public

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

:56:

15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    It's not humiliating them.

If they can't accept the manager coming out and calling their performance unacceptable then it's their problem.

Deila was brutally honest. Nothing more nothing less. It's not as if he doesn't know he got it wrong as well. Everyone takes blame for last night.

Even New Balance for that shambolic kit.:56:

16. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    They're professionals they should be able to handle it, I like that the manager comes out in the public and says it! It's not like he is lying in what he says.

17. boondock

Humiliating? Jesus.

He is using the term "scared" as in we were nervous and anxious. Which we were. The occasion got to us.

18. celticfc1966-67

I'm still backing him, we were poor last night but it's done now. We have still progressed since last year. If we can get to last 16/8 and win a double, it'll be an okay season.

19. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Going back quite far here.. Im curious as to why this is the case?

We havnt been great at all so far this season. Our possession play has been very poor. In terms of last tear, we were very indifferent, at times mediocre up until the turn if the year, when we went on a remarkable run of form. So thats essentially half a season.

I find us far more expansive under RD, our defence are always spread apart. Which is why i find other teams are able to exploit gaps. But i dont think we pass the ball any better or are any more attractive to watch.

Under NL we looked a lot more organised, especially defensively. I think NL suffered due to the lack of a striker when Hooper left. Leaving a big ask of Commons to produce the goals.

I think maybe im forgetting many of our poorer NL performances, he had a lot of european hangovers and of course a Hampden hoodoo.

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Got no problem at all with Ronny saying that. The money they're on, I expect a bit more effort and passion from them.

If they don't like it, * off.