1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Old 'Next Best Things'

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, May 16, 2014.

Discuss The Old 'Next Best Things' in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seosamh Máirtín

Josh Thompson. Hasn't really amounted to anything since, either.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Thompson_%28footballer%29"]Josh Thompson (footballer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

2. cammy07

I'm hardly surprised thought he was absolutely dreadful. Genuinely the slowest footballer I've ever seen. Compared to what we have now it's frightening thinking back to the days where he was getting a game

3. KevvyBhoy

Never thought Thompson was that bad but definitely needed more experience - he was totally thrown in at the deep end in a * team. Had a mixed bunch of performances but to my memory he was mostly a decent wee player and chipped in with some goals and good performances. Remember he handed Motherwell their * one night scoring twice and we came from behind to win either 2-1 or 3-2 (and my mate who's a Well fan was fuming :56:).

4. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Thompson was quite good actually. Unfortunately, he is undoubtedly the slowest footballer I have seen in my life.

5. BigPaul67

6. murphy88

I felt sorry for Josh Thompson. He was signed as probably being one for the future, and ended up getting thrown in the deep end at a young age.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    And done quite well actually, however he was never fast enough for a high level of football. Genuinely one of the slowest players I've ever saw, which is a shame because his other defensive abilities were quite good.

8. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Atajic will be in this thread soon enough. Hasn't done much while on loan has he ? Don't think he was even getting a game.

9. murphy88

It would have depended on who he was playing beside. Once he got more experienced also, he would have learned to postition himself better to try and compensate for his lack of pace. Sometimes experience, and using the head can buy centre halfs a few yards.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I agree with that but that's usually when they get a wee bit older and have learned the game, he started his career with end of career pace :56:

Only man I think would lose a race against Davie Weir and JVoH :56: