1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Samaras reveals he loves Celtic and wanted to stay but was NEVER offered a contract

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by moravcik1888, May 11, 2014.

Discuss Samaras reveals he loves Celtic and wanted to stay but was NEVER offered a contract in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. northeast67

Definetly miss him in big games, all my kids love him but it's time to go my bearded mate. Ooooo ah samaras

2. paddybhoy92

Absolutely gutted he's gone! Not going to lie... I shed a tear when he scored the penalty at the weekend and then another when he picked wee Jay up out of the stands! By far the saddest I've been about a player leaving since Larsson!

3. FinnyBhoy#7

Me too mate, shed quite a few tears for him as well and I agree with the Larsson comparison. Definitely the most affection I've felt for a Celtic player leaving since Larsson. I was gutted and upset when Wanyama left as well but he was only here 2 years and I didn't have enough of a connection to actually shed tears on his departure, plus the £12.5M softened it a bit.:icon_mrgreen:

But will miss Sammy loads and until he signs with another cub I still hold on to a slight bit of hope that he may still be with us next season, you never know maybe the board, Lenny, Sammy or whoever will have a change of heart and he'll be back. We can but hope.

4. FinnyBhoy#7

Which we won't get making the decision to let Sammy leave even more baffling, I seriuosly doubt we'll even make the CL groups next season with how much we've been downsizing of late.

5. paddybhoy92

Seen you replied to me and thought I was going to have to moan at you as I thought you were going to have said something along the lines of "* you, he's just a * Stevie May!" :smiley-laughing002::56:Ahahaha! Completely agree with what you've said though mate! :50:

6. Mr. Slippyfist

His tears do not fool me.

7. paddybhoy92

[​IMG]

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Indeed ^^^^^

9. paddybhoy92

[​IMG]

10. Farmer

* that got my waterworks going.

Sammy, the big beautiful man with a big heart. I'm gonna miss the man if and when he goes.

A true Celt. :shamrock::celt_2:

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You know what will happen. Whoever he signs for we will get in the Champions League or Europa League.

12. scootz

Lovely guy. Frustrating footballer. The right time for him to move on. He goes with my best wishes. The end!

13. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    As said, I too wish he stayed and a deal could have been agreed, as he will be missed and was handy to have around, more so in the big games, but consistency is important as is value for money. I don't for one minute believe he was not offered a new contract.
    So it seems the love he had for Celtic had a monetary value, that he was not prepared to go below.
    I wish him all the best in the future and a good WC and IF we face him in europe I hope he plays his "normal" (league) game. HH

14. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    They play for CFC just to reach the EPL. No love for CFC as deluded fans think
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Singing against English repression in English. Hahahaha, always a good laugh
    Because it was published in Serbian media, that's why.
    People love those things.

I wish him to score as more AG as he can in Olympiakos.

15. Lennon2011

We'll end up playing against him in Europe new season and he'll rip us a new *.

16. pokerbhoy74

We will come up against him in Europe next season and he won't be able to get out of Lustig's back pocket :50:

17. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

it's absolute bollocks that he never got offered a contract, don't believe that for 1 minute

he must think the celtic fans are stupid

*he might not have been offered the contract he wanted but that is entirely different

18. pokerbhoy74

I think maybe the club never put a written contract on the table for Samaras but I don't for a second believe there was no negotiations between Celtic and Sammy's representatives, what more than likely happened was the players agent simply was asking for a figure that the club were going to come no where near matching so they simply withdrew from talks and decided to let Sammy walk.

19. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    There's no doubt we could miss his contribution in Europe. Samaras is one of few players in the squad that has proven he can hold his own at that level. He's been a frustrating player at times and has been judged unfairly on his goals, as his best position is left midfield for me.

A few things will always stick with me when it comes to remembering Samaras at Celtic.

His love for the club, his contribution in Europe and his double at Ibrox!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofz-EZ40_sw"]Ranger 0 v 2 Celtic. - YouTube[/ame]

20. AlbaGuBrath

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjällby, Lustig, Brown, Lubo, McStay, Bonner
    It's a hard one with Sammy. He's just so hot and cold and when he is hot or cold he's either * roastin, or baltic. But the fact that he was a big game player makes me think maybe we should have kept him.