1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lennon to Norwich, Moyes to Celtic. Would you be happy?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Markybhoy, Apr 22, 2014.

Discuss Lennon to Norwich, Moyes to Celtic. Would you be happy? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    They dont. If you paid attention to younger teams theres mountains of players even some who are quite good who just don't make it.

I mind a wee player Joe Bradley who came through with Forrest who was a tidy wee player that we released maybe about 2009 and he didn't even become a player although technically he was better than most he ever played against.

Then there was like 2010 or so, we released the whole under 19 squad, barely any found new clubs only one I can think of still playing is Declan Gallagher whos at Dundee and Michael Tidser who I think recently joined Ross County he was the captain of the team. Laurence Gaughan who signed for Celtic from Liverpool.

Mind players like Pavlov, Santonocito, Bjarnasson....

Heaps and heaps of players.

Sean Fitzharris and Michael Cochrane, both played the centre mid roles for Celtic and Scotland youth teams....

2. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Agree with this. As good a job as Martinez is doing this season it's a bit mental how folk suddenly think Moyes somehow under-performed or held Everton back when he was there, comparing his several years to one good season under Martinez.

3. SpellCheck92

Luca Santonocito was supposed to be the next Maldini.

4. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Was class in FM

5. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That's very sad. You would hope one day it'll be the technical players that make it if our game is ever to get back to where it once was.

6. Mr. Slippyfist

Obviously I know young players throughout the generations since football began dont make it, Im just a bit curious as to where your 75% figure came from.

Bjarnasson has carved out a decent career for himself in Scandinavia.

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Who was the boy Celtic signed from Liverpool Boys Club wee striker? dont think he plays any more.

Carlo Monti once highly regarded by us he seems to flirt with Juniors and the Lower Leagues.

8. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    John Marsden i think.

9. Shane1888

Definitely keep Lennon.

Moyes found his level with Everton and I don't think he'll ever be able to go above that, such as masterminding a successful European campaign for example. Never even won a trophy with them in his 11 years there.

Wigan * Athletic won the FA Cup last season :smiley-laughing002:

10. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Ended up at Pollock Juniors. Seen him play a few times last season, think he got a move to Dundee at the end of it but * knows where he's ended up.

11. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

lets face it if moyes was linked last summer they majority of fans would have jizzed their pants 10 months later and all of a sudden he's trash

if lennon goes i would be delighted to get moyes

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye, he was a wee guy maybe 5ft 4 when he was 15/16 and that maybe eventually reached 5ft 6. Good wee dribbler, tidy player, skilled but frail kind of like a wee Iniesta type of player or even Ryan Gauld style.

Googling him I cant find anything except this...

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/134193-joe-bradley/

Seemingly he was playing Junior football and looked quite highly regarded reading that.

13. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    :54:

14. murphy88

His best results as Man Utd manager probably came in Europe funnily enough. The 5-0 win away to Levrkusen was arguably his best game in charge. They weren't a million miles away from knocking out Bayern either.

15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye, when players like that don't make it then really anyone might not make it. I'd imagine all throughout Primary School and youth football he must have thought he was going to be a footballer as he must have known he was better than anyone he ever played against yet I dont even know if he's playing Junior football now. Not like he's one of them who was ruined by injury or even went off the rails boozing and that, think he was a quiet kind of guy - dont really know though I only knew him from watching him playing and havent seen him since he left Celtic probably about 5 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
  16. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Did you read the bit about Gus MacPherson had the choice to keep him or a 38 year old Alan Johnstone and chose Johnstone. :31:
    Is he that big donkey that used to play CB for Rangers in the 90's. Absolutely bereft of any technical ability so he was (except maybe in the air). It'd be great donkeys like him that would never make it in Spain or Germany, I had more time for Petric (in spite of what he did to us), who was a mediocre defender but could at least play football.

17. McStay

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye, because Moyes would be so unlikely to beat Motherwell and Aberdeen to the title and he'd definitely struggle to beat Cliftonville, Elfsborg and Shakhtar Karagandy. He'd come in and we'd be sitting 5th by Christmas, at best. Rodgers finished 7th last season with Liverpool. Would I * want him as manager.

Nobody's saying sack Lennon and hire Moyes but if Lennon chooses to walk and go down south then Moyes is the obvious candidate. In fact, naw, he had a bad season with Manchester United. Somebody get Mark McGhee on the phone.

Let's ignore the fact he done a fantastic job at Everton and was perhaps hindered by the extreme pressure of replacing Ferguson and inheriting his ageing, average squad. That didn't play a part. Nope, none whatsoever.

I agree with the arguments that Moyes' football is *. I find it absolutely laughable, however, that people would think the football we currently serve up doesn't fall under the same category. We're turning our noses up and sneering like we play like Liverpool or something :56:

18. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I wouldn't be pushing Lennon out the door in order to get Moyes or anyone else in but if he was to leave then I would be happy with Moyes taking over.

19. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I don't want Lennon going anywhere. However, if he left, Moyes would be my first choice.

20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I would rather O'Neill came back than Moyes, pretty similar Managers.

But O'Neill is just a great character on top. Moyes is a dour depressing character, I like him but I wouldn't like to have him on the touchline.

Our next manager i'd probably go for Malky Mackay, after him who knows, I wouldnt really want O'Neill back either but id rather have him than someone like McNamara or Owen Coyle.

Imagine O'Neill and Roy Keane in our dugout Sevcoskelping :88::35: only problem with them would be, our best route for the future is continuing to sign younger players to sell on but they might not be into that.

I wouldnt mind Steve Clarke but I wouldn't like him as manager either, id prefer him as a no 2 to Lennon or Malky Mackay or Martin O'Neill or someone.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014