1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

"The PLC"

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Rosleabhoy, Feb 21, 2014.

Discuss "The PLC" in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Vertie Auld

Until they go bust. :smiley-laughing002:

2. Vertie Auld

If another club by the name goes out of business, they should be told where to * go. You can't just hit reboot every time you * up.

3. Vertie Auld

They're at a stage where it would actually be better for them to go out of business and come up through the leagues with another new club.

4. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It's Scotland, would you be surprised?

5. Pádraig Pearse

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Tully
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Inter Milan
    If it was us, we'd be playing in the juniors now.

If they go bust again and get fastracked back into the league system I'm finished with Scottish football.

6. SpellCheck92

I was actually going to say it might take administration for them to sort out their financial woes.

7. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'd hope clubs would refuse to play if another rangers club got fast tracked back into the leagues.

8. Rosleabhoy

No it's not. Like I said...it will happen in time

9. Rosleabhoy

That won't happen as rule changes since means club and company seperate. They would just be punished for admin.

10. Pádraig Pearse

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Tully
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Inter Milan
    First I've heard of that. Any links?

So you can run up as much debt as you want and the worst that'll happen is you'll get deducted 15 points? Don't think so somehow.

11. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Keep hun chat to the one existing hun thread.

12. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    That's why I can't understand how rangers fans can't admit they're a new club, by their logic we could spend hundreds of millions we don't have and then when we got liquidated its fine because we keep the trophies and wipe the debt.

13. Rosleabhoy

Yes. New rules changes effectively seperate club and company. The club has a holding company. Spfl changed rules recently. I will try find stuff on it

14. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    How surprisingly convenient :rolleyes:

15. Rosleabhoy

Indeed. Sadly that wasn't rule when they ceased to exist. So they are a new club.

Anyway...that's off topic

16. Lanz

Absolute nonsense.

Can you post this statement in the hun thread please because i would like to answer it but not get a warning in the process as an inthread warning has occurred, cheers.

17. Rosleabhoy

18. Lanz

I have, however i'll wait to you post the link you were asked for to back up the statement you made or take this discussion to the appropriate thread.

Good luck finding that link by the way :smiley-laughing002:

19. Rosleabhoy

Thanks, I will :)

The spfl rule change means they have clubs as a franchise and investors own shares in company that operates them. Bear with me on link.

20. Sween

I am pretty neutral as regards Lawwell and the board. I have no doubt he is very good at what he does and I also think we get decent value for money for his services. Looking at the balance sheets we look very healthy and secure for the long-term.

But since when was the objective of our club merely to be financially secure? (actually I know the answer - about 2 years ago). Having a balanced budget should be business as usual, not something to celebrate as some sort of massive achievement.

I believe this fixation we have with having no debt, as if manageable debt is a bad thing, will cost us in the long term. This year we are a worse team than last season, and next year we will be a worse team than this. We are now a team in a constant downsizing trend, and while we have managed to get away it so far by scraping into the Euro groups then getting horsed, I think we are only a tough draw away from not qualifying.

I also think the policy impacts crowds. More and more people are just no longer willing to pay premium prices to watch a team that is not allowed to progress as players are moved on as soon as they are of worth. And that is if you even have the money in the first place to make that decision. We are now at a stage where we should not expect any single player to resign at celtic as soon as he is wanted elsewhere. Firstly because we will not pay players what they are worth (Hooper), and secondly because players now see playing for teams like Southampton and Crystal Palace as a bigger opportunity than playing for Celtic (Wanyama, Ledley).

The reason I am still neutral on the board however is because a lot of this cannot be helped. As long as we play in Scotland, we are going to be left behind even the poorest EPL teams. But we still do not help ourselves and we are in danger of losing a generation of fans because we price out many, and those left no longer see value in what they are asked to pay. Based on current board policy I expect money in the bank to continue to grow while our team continues to be sold off and crowds continue to dwindle. A lot of this cannot be helped but a lot can.