1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

"The PLC"

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Rosleabhoy, Feb 21, 2014.

Discuss "The PLC" in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jim-Lynagh56

Fav Celtic Player:
    VVD, Johansen, Stokes
    I think the loss in attendance is more of a consequence of the hard financial times suffered by many, where it is now a decision between a luxury item such as a matchday ticket and all the expense this entails and some necessities such as groceries and what not.

2. Rosleabhoy

Oh he's a yes man. Haha ok

3. Rosleabhoy

Spot on.

He earns less than some players contributing nothing

4. Lennon2011

Up the Peter Lawell club!

5. Rosleabhoy

Lawell is a massive Celtic fan. He could tell you as much about Celtic as the most avid of fans. I know that from personal experience.

6. Jinky.

What players?

7. Rosleabhoy

Well, Pukki for example.

8. SpellCheck92

It was half empty at kick off when we pumped them 7-0.

9. Jinky.

How much does Pukki earn?

10. Rosleabhoy

IMO Lawell has an unquestionable track record in terms of finances at club. We have done fantastic since he arrived...living within our means and witnessing our rivals dying.

He won't be popular with everyone. That goes with the territory

11. SpellCheck92

What if they stopped following Celtic because they are turned off by the product and lack of competition ? Who do you think will win the league next season ?

12. Rosleabhoy

No idea. Considering where he came from u expect him to be at least £20k per week. He's not worked out IMO and will probably move on if we can

13. Vertie Auld

Why is it hard for you to believe that some people are just completely indifferent to having a club under the guise of Rangers in the league, Spellcheck?

The passion isn't really there for me any more now that they're gone. They're fans will never have anything over on us now so I really just find them a wee bit amusing, more than anything. :smiley-laughing002:

I know everyone likes to go on about how they're dead and everything to get it up them but it really just doesn't feel like the same club. Rangers were a successful club with a long history and a longstanding rivalry with us - the fiercest in world football. They had good players, were competitive and, until their final years, at least seemed to have some sort of normality off the pitch.

This incarnation is just a * circus act staggering from one embarrassment to the next. They're haemorrhaging money, they don't have a side capable of competing for the championship and they'll presumably be looking to make cuts if they want to survive. If they'd started again and run the club properly, putting themselves in a position to really make our league competitive (I'd have suggested they follow our model) then I might feel differently about it but in my head there's always going to be a little asterisk beside their name saying "this isn't really Rangers".

Rangers had engineered a false position of competitiveness before they popped their clogs. The new club will never reach those heights. People should just accept it and move on. They had a chance to come up and do things properly but now they're just a financial basket case that I'd rather not have in the league.

The fans may be the same but the hatred isn't there (on our part, anyway). You saw that in the last derby game. We just ripped the pish out of them from start to finish. It was a carnival atmosphere and while I enjoyed taking the *, it meant so much more when Ledley won the game after Christmas with that header because there was real tension and a sense that either of us could win it. That's gone, unless I'm missing something. Gate receipts aren't enough to carry a League 1 club to a Premiership title, given their financial state.

14. Vertie Auld

Likewise. Celtic is much more than a football team to most. If you're wanting product and competition, get yourself a Sky subscription.

15. Rosleabhoy

A new rangers will be back and will compete...whether that takes 2,5 or 10 years, it will happen

16. die_hard_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields

aaaaaagree

17. Jinky.

Not very convincing.

18. Jinky.

They're taking out loans to make it to the end of the season.

On the verge of administration and can barely pay the wages of their players.

Not a very good business plan if they want to build for the future and compete with us is it?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
  19. SpellCheck92

I think we will do 10 in a row but people are deluding themselves if they think this current incarnation of Rangers are incapable of competing with us. They can only remain a financial basket case for so long.

20. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Even if they die another rangers club will take their place, there will always be some form of a rangers.