1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it time for Lennon to go?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Ciaran_67, Feb 8, 2014.

Discuss Is it time for Lennon to go? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. pod

You're a perfect example of one of the reasons that being a manager is an almost impossible job. You actually think you could do better or at least sound like that is what you think.

2. wulliebad

Hardest thing for a manager is to get the players to respect you and want to play for you.....after that easy street.:icon_mrgreen:

3. pod

Putting up with people who think they can do better for one.

4. magoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky/ Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Well said mayo :50:

5. Henke102

Well it is quite clear to see if you look out for it, not saying it is a lack of passion could be a multiple of things, like players not performing to his standards, relationships with back room staff, losing players like Ledley, hooper and wanyama, we don't know what he thinks about all of that and his relationship with the board

6. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    So everytime someone has shouted something racist you have argued with them? It's admirable if you have mate. I personallywould choose to ignore them especially when I take my young brother to a lot of games like today,.you never know.

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Thought you were startin'!

8. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Nonsense :smiley-laughing002:

Someone in this thread posed a question along the lines of " do you think you could win the league if you were Celtic manager"

I do.

That doesn't mean I think I could do a better job than Lennon but whatever makes you happy.

9. Hector

Fav Celtic Player:
    LARSSON
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    At the end of the day for me it comes down to whether or not a team progresses or regesses under a manager, and in my eyes we have regressed, it happened with O'Neill and it happened with Strachan the only difference was that we lost a league when that happened with those of two having competition. Throughout lennons tenure its been a game or two of brilliance followed by turgid * for 4 or 5 weeks, and the turgid * is whats driving the crowds away combined with the lack of real league competition. Maybe attitudes need to change and expectations need to be lowered.

10. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I can't believe this poll is so close. It was a bad game to lose but at the end of the day it's still only one game.

11. Moros

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mohamed Bangura.
    I think people will be in for a shock if NL leaves, this is not a great Celtic team and the manager's job at Celtic is now quite difficult. We are all about developing young players and selling them on at a profit and with that you are going to get inconsistency in both performance and results, that is our main objective as a club now, success on the pitch is secondary. The board is hoping both go hand in hand, but as this season has proved it isn't quite as simple as that although I am sure the board will be happy enough as long as we qualify for the CL group stages every season.

You aren't allowed to build a team as manager of Celtic anymore, if NL was allowed to build a team then we would have held on to the likes of Wanyama and Hooper or at least tried a little harder to hold on to them, but the job at Celtic is now one of a continuous changing of the team from season to season and when you have that then it's very difficult to get stability.

Our last two successful managers in WGS and MON both had stability with their teams and that allowed them to have the success they had, NL doesn't have that luxury as Celtic manager and it's not surprising to me that we're finding it difficult to gain consistency in performance and results.

I'm not convinced another manager can do much better than NL has given what the manager's job at Celtic now is.

12. Mr. Slippyfist

I'm sorry for having a go mate, but I've had it off with people for much less inside CP, never mind some * shouting "Irish *".

13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Well factually, it isn't rocket science if course. I was more hinting at you contributing your opinion to the complexities of it.

As I said you can be as involved in the day to duties as you like. One of the perks of having a sizeable staff working for you I guess.

14. pod

Yet you said this.

Clearly suggesting that you think that being a manager is easy(ish). Even if you were referring solely to the Celtic job its a ridiculous statement.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I would bet my house that you would lose the league.

How do you decide what players to sign that will enhance your team? what training regimes are you implementing? What should your players eat before a match? How do you keep everyone happy? How do you deal with disputes, falling outs, want away players?

Sure though, just stick 11 players on the park and it'll be hunky dory.

I find this line of thought really disrespectful.

16. wulliebad

Do the poll in ten days time and it will come out different.

17. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    But this isn't just one game

18. Mr. Slippyfist

I don't have a contribution to the complexities to the job.

Seeing as you mentioned the fact it wasn't rocket science (and I don't think for a second Neil is in his office right now building parts for the next NASA mission) I was sure you may have been able to enlighten us all with your knowledge.

19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    There's an apathy about the team that stems from a lack of competition. :50:

20. Hector

Fav Celtic Player:
    LARSSON
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    For some its knee-* but for others its one bad game too many.