1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Coke Superbowl ad, white America goes mad.

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by TESLA, Feb 3, 2014.

Discuss Coke Superbowl ad, white America goes mad. in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Farmer

I would say it's a safe bet. Our education system is miles better than the States' so I think that makes a massive difference. Ignorance is the breeding ground for hatred.

2. emmetf

I was kidding. I like hating on Americans as much as the next person, but in all honesty it's rare I meet an American who I don't get on with.

Rare I meet an American though, avoid the * like the plague.

3. Farmer

All joking aside, I think we need to take a moment and honour the American of the female variety. Them * know how to party.

4. Vertie Auld

:smiley-laughing002:

5. SpellCheck92

Well said.

Twitter is full of absolute bangers from all over the world spouting ignorant * like this on a daily basis.

Scotland is one of the most hate filled countries in the developed world. We have a reputation for it unfortunately and have no right putting the boot into other countries over stupid twitter remarks.

6. fuctifano1888

[​IMG]

Obviously a product of the American educational syteem. :52:

7. emmetf

The 265,000 should read just "265 000." There's no comma, as taught to me in the glorious Canadian educational system. Obviously some sort of American influence on this document, perhaps further revenge on us for not going to Iraq.

8. emmetf

Three trips to McDonalds in one evening is not a party.

9. Farmer

Trust me man, I'm not one to take part in a Canada circle *. I know as well as anyone that we have the exact same problems as every other developed nation. The fact is though that generally speaking we rank pretty well across the board for most things. It's safe to say that societal problems in Canada will be less in magnitude than most other countries.

All this at the expense of sucking * at football.

10. Mr. Slippyfist

[​IMG]

11. fuctifano1888

:smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

Just like all you brits :50:

12. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    I preferred this rendition by Mr Baron Cohen.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwcfY0Ldf2Q"]BORAT- Kazakhstan national anthem - YouTube[/ame]

13. mike91

In recent times I've never heard of a banana being tossed at an athlete in a major American sporting arena or of a black athlete being abused with monkey chants. Both are incredibly common across Europe, the latter even at Celtic park in recent memory.

Yes it is a couple of racists on twitter and a few youtube comments. In a country of over 300 million I would think we would be doing pretty well for ourselves if we only have 4,000 racists. Obviously people who don't like the commercial are far more likely to go on youtube and dislike the video than your typical American who just saw the commercial and didn't think anything of it.

And finally of course I condemn the people who made racists comments. My main issue is a few on here are trying to make out like all white Americans are racists. as you said yourself racism is "rife" in America, or as the title of the thread says "white America goes mad". Comparison is a useful tool to show you that it isn't anywhere near what you are making out and in general is probably much better than most of the world. As I said earlier in the thread racists are everywhere, its when people try to make out like all white Americans are racist that I get offended.

14. Samaras13

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    The UK is just as racist as the USA. A quick look on facebook after a british soldier gets his head cut off in London proves that.

15. mike91

I didn't phrase that as well as I could have. What I was trying to imply by real racism is what goes on in the real world. Not some idiot making comments from safe behind his keyboard which is obviously still racism.

16. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I agree with that, completely actually. I have argued the same thing about whataboutery. But the comments in this thread have hardly been about the racists in America, they've been portraying Americans as racist, which is a huge difference. When that's the argument then I think it's fair to bring up more context to the matter to get people to slow down a little bit. Also, some of the comments like "This is America, we speak AMERICAN!" are so * obviously tongue in cheek and people use that as a sign of racism. It's just very frustrating to see and not as simple as you're saying.

17. cheesepoo

Everyones * racist so shut the * up and jusr try not to be a * OK

18. ColeraineBhoy

Shut it, white *!

:fear:

19. Samaras13

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    :fear::fear:

20. ColeraineBhoy