1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scottish Cup: Celtic v Aberdeen (Saturday 8th February, 12:45)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Vertie Auld, Feb 3, 2014.

Discuss Scottish Cup: Celtic v Aberdeen (Saturday 8th February, 12:45) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. C2911

Also, before this season I'd never seen Celtic lose in person in just under 50 games.

They've lost 3 of the last 4 games I've been to. What the *?

EDIT: Actually, that's a lie. I saw them lose to Atletico. My point remains the same though :56:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
  2. Matt_STL

I wouldn't say he was "that bad" in as much has he was....irrelevant, I think would be the proper word to use. A lackluster performance brought about by a lack of chemistry and drive.

3. C2911

His runs with the ball should open up more space for other players. He was really frustrating at times as per usual but it's not his fault everyone else remains rooted to the spot instead of taking advantage of that.

4. Roskopicachu

Never a replacement for Ledley. He's just not in the same class.

5. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

* hurts that's for sure.

Aberdeen were first to every ball and bullied us. Our passing was poor, our crossing was *.

To sum it up 25 Feyenoord fans were the only ones trying to get the singing going.

Shambles. Don't know why Sammy was on that pitch either. Matthews didn't look fit.

Just a bad day all over. Just want the season finished now.

6. Murph-E

He gets the ball- stutters a little, unsure of what to do…then puts the head down, runs to the byline, and blindly chips it over everybody's head. Over and over and over and over again. That or 2 yard passes. Why some people refuse to admit he's * annoys me, genuinely think it's because he's a Scottish player who came through our youth system.

If we put Forrest up for sale, who do you think would come in for him? Top-half Championship teams and relegation-battling English Premier League teams. No decent mainland European team would want him. He's dire.

7. tez mctic

Jinx?:50:

8. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He's played 2 * games :31:

9. C2911

I was in next to them, so 26 :50:

:56:

10. James Gold Member Gold Member

I thought Forrest was our second best player after Virgil today at times he was direct and pacey when nobody else was. Samaras was terrible never looked interested at all should be nowhere near the team

11. pod

Which makes it amazing that even the commentators today mentioned that he was looking to play passes into the box to feet:rolleyes:

12. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Fair play to them :50:

13. doctor venglos

Too one paced and predictable. Commons was terrible and didn't get a goal to paper over it.Cups always bring shocks and Aberdeen a very good side, with a very good young manager in Derek McInnes, whose game plan worked to a T. But it's the wretched manner of our defeat that stings..Out fought and out played, and often bullied at crucial times by Robson and Flood, and Aberdeen were very good for the win too. Forest, Samaras, Johansen and Commons all * passengers today.Only two central midfielders today against a team of Aberdeen's mettle and character, * was Lenny thinking ?

14. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    I'm afraid the manager has to take the brunt for this one, for me. Completely wrong set up and failings in the starting 11 also.

Samaras, oh my dear *. The second I saw his name on the sheet I knew what i'd get from him overall. Why is it that I have to despair about him starting a game? It's so * inevitable.

Stokes - great first touch, and got a goal. Well done. Other than that, offered little.

Am sick and tired of seeing a starting 11 in my head that I KNOW would perform better offensively....yet having to put up wit the wrong option.

Really * * off actually.

Aberdeen played well today - nothing against them. Quite the opposite. And yet I and many others knew how they'd go for us. SO WHY THE * DO WE KNOW IT AND THE MANAGEMENT DON'T?!

We played in to their hands today - players, take blame. Management?

Take more.

Dire.

15. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Pathetic performance . We got what our play deserved today * all !!

16. pokerbhoy74

Can't remember any game before today in which I have seen a Celtic team play so many 5-10 yard balls under no pressure straight to opposition players

17. Hector

Fav Celtic Player:
    LARSSON
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If commons doesnt play well we struggle because we rely and have relied on him too much, that was evident today.

18. .L.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Griffiths
    I had calmed down for a while but have been struck with a second wave of rage! I hate the sheep!

19. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Commons had his poorest game of the season.

20. Hector

Fav Celtic Player:
    LARSSON
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Nail on the head.