1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Madeleine McCann

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by CrazyBhoy, Aug 12, 2007.

Discuss Madeleine McCann in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

What I find strange, is the fact they only took her. Why leave the other children? That's if she was kidnapped of course. Which isn't a certainty I don't think. The McCann's had something to do with it in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
  2. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    You could get a similar list to list reasons why Tupac is still alive, how Paul McCartney died in a car crash in 1969 etc. Internet conspiracies where the majority of 'reasons' are fabricated without a proper source.

As someone mentioned earlier, if they were really guilty why would they continue to put intense pressure on both the Met & Portuguese Police to pursue it further? Constantly doing Interviews for the media & even hiring Private Investigators etc. Surely they'd want the exposure to die down after 6 and a half years if she was already dead? Or is this supposed to be part of an elaborate decoy? Extremely unlikely. If they were guilty they'd be found out by now, or they're the world's greatest liars/criminals. I'm not buying it at all.

3. Dáibhí

From that link Paddy provided this interview with Christian Ludke, a Criminal Psychologist in 2007 makes for interesting reading;

I also find it strange that when a rash of supposed sightings happened in Malta, prompting a huge operation involving INTERPOL, the McCann's went to Germany to appear on TV.

Also, when a promising sighting occurred in Belgium, resulting in forensic teams being sent out there, the McCann's went to Spain instead.

Also, Gerry was supposedly a Mason. And you know what those sorts do when crimes are committed by their fellow brothers;

The whole thing stinks.

4. AnnanBhoy

Agree with this 100% :50:

5. murphy88

£££, as I have already said, I would be interested to know how much they have raked in from stories etc.

6. Mr. Slippyfist

Could be simply a case of keeping up appearances.

I haven't read that link I posted. I'm not particularly interested in it, only posted it for people who may have read it.

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Interesting post, cheers :50:

I had no idea he was in the brotherhood of masonry.........

8. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

It is sickening to see the amount of £££££ spent on this case alone.

I hope the wee girl is found and she is safe,but it appears the McCannns are getting more favourable treatment than others.

9. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Read the 100 things list and a lot of them maybe could be explained away, this one though, is in my opinion very strange -
    77. The McCann's and their holiday friends all refusing to attend a police reconstruction -

Surely you would do anything and everything possible ? No matter how hard it would be. Think the investigation should also focus on the other parents on this holiday.

10. Ruxin

We all know that the media coverage is more favourable towards the McCann's as they are educated and Middle Class. If it had been a working class or unemployed family that this had happened to no way would the coverage been as forgiving.

IMO that is also the case with the Police using so many resources. I can only imagine how the parents of other missing children feel when they see this.

11. murphy88

This for me, is bang on. I was actually going to bring something like that up, although the case is different, and the man in question, is a complete scumbag.

Here goes anyway. Mick Philpott was an utter disgrace of a human being, no doubt about that, but look at the way the media dealt with him. He was completely annihilated by MSM, and rightfully so. But ultimately, both scenarios have ended in the death (more than likely I think), of a child/children. Yet compare that to the treatment of the McCann's. Personally, I think they are just as bad as each other, but the middle-class family have been given an easy time of it.

In no way, am I trying to defend Mick Philpott by the way, just pointing out how differently the media have been with both families. When in my opinion, both should be in the same place.

12. Pinstripe

Probably because Esther McVey the Tory Cabinet Minister is very good friends with oor Kate, she was a director of the Maddie Fund.....the whole thing stinks of upper class favoritism.

13. Mr. Slippyfist

I think the difference between Philpott and these two is that during Philpott's appeal, it was clear he wasn't going to be winning any oscars..............

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxq6Zvr8mPY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxq6Zvr8mPY[/ame]

They would probably get a part on Hollyoaks mind you.....

14. Harry Caray

i was thinking about the exact same thing BUT what i dont get is the fact police say they knew philpot and other child killers were lying already and arrested them without any physical evidence, so why have detectives not charged the mccans ? Have the got even the best detectives fooled ? You dont need a body to arrest someone

15. murphy88

Aye, that was an utter disgrace, and that is what he is. But the media have been totally different with both sets of families. When really, both of them are not fit to be parents, and ultimately, have ended their child/children's life, through their actions.

16. Quigley 13

Shannon Matthews, Holly and Jessica, Sarah Payne. These cases got just as much media attention as Madeleine in the beginning, and none were 'upper class'. The difference is the attention subdued due to these cases being 'solved'.

The fact what happened to poor Madeleine is still a mystery is the reason there is still so much public interest.

17. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Was there enough time for them to have hidden her body if they did play a part though ?

That reconstruction showed one of there friends going to check on her, maybe an hour or two before she went missing.

Did they report her missing to the police straight away ?
    Did the friend see her when he checked in on them ?
    Is it possible these friends were lying to cover their own backs since they all deemed it acceptable to go and leave their children alone while they went out for a * up ?
    Where did the police search when they arrived ?
    What did the McCann's do the next day since there was supposed to have been traces of her blood in the boot of their hire car ?

Did they go out and leave there other kids two days later to play tennis ? You would think after that you would never let them out of your sight, no matter how much you trusted the person you planned on leaving them with.

18. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I think most of these people who are bashing them for leaving their kids alone for a wee while must be a bit hypocritical or not have any children themselves. I can totally sympathise with them, they're in a very nice part of Portugal with their group of friends who are all repeatedly taking turns to go back and check on the kids at regular intervals. You can understand that they must have felt that the kids were very safe. Also, any money they'll have made from interviews etc will have gone in to the fund for helping to find her, it's not like it's going in their back pockets like someone suggested.

19. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

You got kids ?

20. md1981

In the grand scheme of things it isn't a lot, (£4000) but they did use the fund to pay two months of their mortgage.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7068760.stm

And paid £123k for a PR firm to provide a spokesperson represent them. That amount seems large when they had Clarence Mitchell working for them albeit being paid - £70k+ -by an external person.

Doesn't make them criminals - leaving their kids alone for five consecutive nights while having dinner and drinks with their mates might . But the fund wasn't set up to pay their mortgage.