1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tattoo's, Where do you stand on them?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Kiko 7, Jan 19, 2014.

Discuss Tattoo's, Where do you stand on them? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic_Jorge

The problem with sleeves is they usually never mean anything. Like, its some some art that some guy liked and had tattooed to himself. And its usually some trendy stuff that "everyone is doing". The tattoo scene has so many fads that come and go its amazing. For me, a tattoo needs to mean something to the wearer. I got my swallow bird to remember my mother. I got my shamrock because I'm proud of my Irish connection. It shouldn't just be something that is cool because it is "hip" at the time. Like the rage with all of the tribal tattoos during the 1990s. Do you know how rich the tattoo removal people have gotten off of those tribal tattoos? VERY RICH. Anyways thats just how I feel about tattoos I know some people view them as strictly artwork or whatever. But I think a tattoo should symbolise something important in your life.

2. Sno'sLeftFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Worked with a guy a few months ago who was covered in tattoos, he had his girlfriend's name and had what he thought was Hebrew for "lovers" with his and her initials below it. This new guy starts and funnily enough knows a thing or 2 about the Hebrew language, although he told us he wasn't Jewish, think his mrs was or something like that. Anyway turns out the writing didn't say "lovers" but in fact said "friend" :smiley-laughing002: been giving him stick for ages and he keeps saying he's getting it fixed, and punching * out of the guy who did it :smiley-laughing002:

Moral is do your homework on them. Especially foreign languages or markings.

3. TuffGong

Fav Celtic Player:
    leslie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    big leslie sticks da ball in da netty
    I agree. Got my half sleeve done different than all the other grey sleeves you see.

My mate is getting a sleeve done just now with pointless * in it. Clocks and roses.. looks rubbish.

4. Pearse Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley and Let The People Sing
    I just dont get it with tattoos, regardless of the deep/personal meaning or artistic design or whatever, they all look * to me

5. Farmer

I think they've lost the spirit they used to have when not many people had them. Now everyone and their dog has one.

I don't have any but I would maybe get a couple small ones in black. Maybe would get the Hunter clan badge and have considered the rampant lion. Haven't pulled the trigger on either and it's completely possible that I never will.

6. monthehoops1888

Tattoos are awful looking,especially on women...

7. md1981

It's obviously down to the individual, so I 'm never going to admonish someone for getting a tattoo. The main thing is getting something that's timeless rather than fashionable. People seem to be opting for the fashionable, much like the tribal tattoos in the 90's and the neck tattoos now. My mate got a horrific tattoo when he was 18, he's had to cover it with a massive black piece that will require endless touch ups over the years. That's the problem, some people rush into getting tattoos because its cool. In 5 years time there's going to be a few regrets. I think it's interesting that a lot of these online voucher companies are offering discounted tattoo removal deals now.

8. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Some are good. Some are rotten.

Not a fan of tribal tattoos (how many Scots are in a tribe?) and sleeves that are just basically clouds, stars, flowers and hands together in a praying motion. Lot of pish, use your imagination

9. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    A lot of people have got dragons as have i but not all mean anything to them except they like the design.
    However, mine i got 2 years ago at 47yo. It is a full arm tattoo of a firedrake and done for a few reasons.
    1) Born Chinese year of Dragon (love Chinese culture and plan to visit)
    2) Got design from cover of book. Love the authors Weiss and Hickman.
    3) There are 3 small tattoos of 1 woman and a boy and girl incorporated in this. My Mother and brother were also born Chinese year of Dragon as was my step daughter

Will get a few more tattoos that will include my Father and Sister- Year of Horse, Wife - Year of Dog and other sister - Year of Rooster.

10. Celtic_Jorge

I may get a tattoo of a dragon. But it will be slain by St George. The traditional symbol of St George slaying the dragon with the maiden looking on from the background. Yes. With the St George's cross emblazoned on his shield, proud. That is the next tattoo I want. My name is George and I am like the 10th generation (at least) of Georges in my family going way back to my Presbyterian ancestors in County Donegal. So it means a lot to me. I'm a Catholic through my mother's side but St George is a Catholic Saint as well. Means a lot to me.

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Don't know if I'd ever get one myself but quite like the sleeve tattoos. Even on women sometimes if it isn't too tacky. There was a girl in the gym with one the other day and I couldn't stop looking at her, surprised I didn't get chucked out the place because I was caught looking on more than one occasion.

12. Celtic_Jorge

I get caught looking all the time bro. Listen. As long as the burd is over 18 there is no crime committed. If shes dressed to please theres no crime committed just lookin

13. stoutroller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There's this bird working in a store on my street and I can't help staring a her. She's a real stunner, model class, with long black hair, geeky glasses and arms covered by tattoos. The combination really gets to me.
    :50:

14. Chooxen

I started gettin tattoo at 17 but some of my mates started younger. Whoever you are, some you'll continue to love, others less so.

15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Haha, too right.

I don't like all the daft colours in a tattoo, just a standard one looks best.

[​IMG]

Wouldn't be kicking her out of bed any time...

16. stoutroller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :50:

17. Green Socks

Getting my tattoo in March, have thought about getting it since I was 18/19 and it's taken me until now (almost 23) to finally get it done.

Have waited on a waiting list for 8 months to get the right tattoo artist to do it. I looked around for tattoo artists for ages before I found a guy that I wanted to do my tattoo and it's going to cost me just under a grand.

None of that matters though because it's something I'll be wearing on my person for my entire life so waiting 8 months means nothing, and I never even thought about the cost because with tattoos, as with everything, you get what you pay for.

The tattoo I'm getting is of a Stag with large antlers with roses blooming from the antlers. It's hard to explain and it has meaning to me.

I don't agree with people getting a tattoo for the sake of getting a tattoo as a few of my friends have. You shouldn't have the mindset of "I want a tattoo, what should I get".

It should be the mindset of "This image means a lot to me, I would be proud to wear it on my body"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
  18. murphy88

I always said if I was getting one, then it would more than likely be Celtic related, as I know for a fact I was never going to regret it. I think that is the most important thing to consider when getting one.

So after trying to think of something I hadn't seen anybody with, I got Billy McNeill lifting the European Cup on my arm back in December.

19. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

They look class if done right

20. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Love tattoos.