1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Todays Attendance/Atmosphere.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by goodybhoy, Jan 18, 2014.

Discuss Todays Attendance/Atmosphere. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. gerry_bhoy

We need a section, be if for the GB or something new.

Any improvements aren't a patch on what it was.

2. Sween

I think a lot of people are priced out of the game as soon as they are adults - especially the working class. In my own case, and many others I know, we went as children with our dads and granddads, but then when you turn 17 you either go to uni or you get an entry level job. And in both cases it means affording a season book is pretty difficult. So you give it up for years but then by the time you could afford to go back then going to football is no longer part of your routine. And if you have kids it isn't part of their routine either.

Pretty soon, if not already, there will be a generation of Scottish teens and young adults who will be more interested in Soccer Saturday and the EPL on Sky than watching Scottish football. And that is because they will be brought up watching English teams on TV instead of going to Scottish games.

Anyway, I digress a bit but you are right that it is an issue when it comes to poor atmospheres. Young people create the buzz at games and if they cant afford to go then there isn't going to be much of an atmosphere.

3. scomur1888

It's time they started focusing on getting the general sale punters through the door.I myself fall into the category of not being able to afford a season ticket but at the same time refuse to pay £26/£29 to watch a game which most of the time it isn't worth.

I think Celtic put too much focus (and maybe rightly so) on pleasing season ticket holders with the (£19 per game season ticket) which is good value but I bet if you asked the book holders about bringing down the general sale prices to say £22 no one would bat an eyelid if it meant getting another 3/4 thousand supporters through the gates,creating a better atmosphere.

I think next season it will be time for Celtic to react to the pricing structure as its important that they get the fans back inside before it gets serious.

I personally would attend 4/5 more league games per season if they where around the £20 mark.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
  4. Sween

I think £20 is considered too much to be honest. The Aberdeen Cup game is £20 which is cheaper than the usual league price against the next best team in Scotland. Is it pretty much the biggest game of our domestic season so far and yet we will likely shut the whole top tier.

It will be interesting to see how the board react next season. I think they will likely freeze prices and celebrate that they do so, rather than reducing prices.

No, cant see it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
  5. Millerntor

I bet many would considering that this season, even with the £100 discount, some fans in the North Stand are paying prices of £509/£461/£488 for their season ticket. The only way single match tickets will come down in price is when the standard price of season tickets come down.

6. goodybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

aye Celtic must at least try to cut the prices drastically. They would probably generate about the same amount of funds if they could get more people in for cheaper. Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out. The question is are Celtic brave enough to make the gamble?

7. TheHappyLoss

Would love the GB to come back, but there's no chance of that. Thought the atmosphere yesterday was a lot better than it's been.

8. ulsterscot

I find it very hard to take instructions from a Celtic "fan" who loves
    his club so much , he goes to live at the far side of the world , and pontificates from
    afar on how the real fans should behave .

The other thing this idea of a standing area at Celtic Park is a total non starter .
    There is no chance that the Strathclyde police will agree to anything that may
    help young fans to enjoy themselves at Celtic Park. Peter Lawwell knows this
    too but is playing a long with the thought so that fans will forget about the GB
    treatment.

9. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

This. :56::56::56:

This is the only thing that needs to be said about this thread. The OP's obvious hatred and trying to "get one over" on the Green Brigade is ridiculously pathetic.

10. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Is it wrong to have a positive thread about attendance and atmosphere?

11. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Not at all, if it's accurate. There's certainly been better attendances and atmospheres in the past few years than yesterday and it didn't require it's own thread.

It's clear what this thread was trying to do though (naively), it was "oh look we don't need the GB" childish nonsense.

Fair enough if our attendances and atmosphere has been consistently good for a number of weeks/months over the seasons, then you can make a thread.

12. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's in reply to the many, many posts decrying our attendances and atmosphere which has been going on for more than a month.

People were saying the poor attendances across Christmas were down to people boycotting because of breaking up of 111 which is clearly not true as well.

13. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

The attendances were always going to improve after Christmas, anyone who thought otherwise was just deluding themselves.

There's still no need for a thread after one game with an ok attendance.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Spot on..

I was pleasantly surprised by the crowd yesterday,and i'm glad there was a better atmosphere than the last couple of months but it hardly warranted its own thread..

Goody has stated before about his dislike for the gb,I'm sure of it..

15. Celtic_Jorge

It was nice to see a stadium that's not half empty.

16. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    This is what I was thinking... I said it before.

The Gb always singing in the corner made the rest of the crowd a bit lazy.

17. Cmcgregor90

I see in a tag it was given a 9 thousand attendance :87:

18. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

:50:

Utterly pathetic.

19. Celtic abu

I wouldn't even bother arguing with that spacer. Quite obviously no all there

20. goodybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    the fact that people are denying that the atmosphere was good the other day just shows the pettyness from you lot haha. I never mentioned it in my thread but people read into it and that's what you thought I was getting at. When really, aye it was but I'm right, the fans took charge and showed we don't need to depend on one group of people to generate an atmosphere at the games. It would be good if the club made a singing sections all over the park so like minded guys can sing/ shout without having to worry about swearing infront of someone's Wayne. Also if Celtic made all tickets cheaper for general admission.