1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

True Detective

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Bonobhoy, Jan 15, 2014.

Discuss True Detective in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    i love the mini series format . 8 or 9 hours to tell a story is perfect , and means we as a viewer dont have to wait six full seasons to get resolution . Series 1 of TD was a masterpeice and one of the emotional, intense wathces ever. Also loved the fargo mini series as well as Band of Brothers . Can not wait for the new TD.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

3. Harry Caray

Loved the first one. I'm looking forward to this but I don't think it will beat the first seasons dark nature, was creepy in elements with supernatural tones. This looks a completely different vibe.

4. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

Really looking forward to season 2, I think Vince Vaughn will surprise a lot of people.

5. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Cant see mccounaghey performance being beaten.

6. Boom Stick

Vince * Vaughan,sweet *,had higher hopes tbh,Farrell will be class,no doubt about it.

7. Sonny7

A thought Woody Harrleson was easily just as good acting. It's just that McCounaghey got the far better more interesting character.

But a honestly think Farrell and Vaughn will be superb. I expect it to be a completely different show. The first season was really slow at times but intense. A can see this season being more fast paced.

8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Just watched season 1 episode 1. Tonight. Very good. MC Caunaghey has a dark character.

9. Bhoyoh

Season 1 was epic. Season 2 certainly looks different, but will wait to judge.

10. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Started this the other day, good show! Whats was ending of Ep3 about? With the gas mask and machete guy? I've seen upto episode 5, was it the guy that hart shoot in the head? It hasn't explained it yet or does that come?

11. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He was brilliant in season 1. I waited until the whole season was done so I could watch it over a few days when I had some time and really enjoyed it. Probably will do the same with season 2.

12. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

Anybody watching season 2 ? I watched all of the episodes from season 2 so far the other day then started season 1. They're completely different but I like them both even though I'm freaked out by the type of * season 1 was focusing on.

Don't think the acting in S2 lives up to Rust and Marty but it certainly isn't bad, the one on ones with Farrell and Vaughn are quite good, especially with the girl singing in the background, really like that.

I know it's supposed to be a new story and everything each season but is there some crossover with the story ? The person that shot Velcoro was wearing an animal mask with some on the wall behind him too and the weirdos in S1 wore animal masks when they were doing the creepy *.

13. Keane7

Season 1 was far better, season 2 has been very slow so far.

14. Boom Stick

Any one who gave up on season 2 will regret it,the last episode was excellent,even Vincent Vaughan was class,that's a first,final episode on Monday,was a slow start but had finished brilliantly

15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Enjoying it...

16. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

Finale was Sunday

Didn't like that ending, the bad guys won :(

17. Seosamh Máirtín

Absolute dung. I don't know how I managed to get through the whole season. It seems like they rushed into it off the hype of the first season without any conceivable idea as to what would come next. Madness.

18. Dallas Cowbhoys

Watching the last episode now. Can't say I'm even fussed about what's going to happen tbh.

It's been alright-ish for parts of the last few episodes but apart from that, pretty poor on the whole.

That's just viewing it as a stand-alone series. If I was to compare it to the last one, I'd say it's been mostly *.

19. green-yin

dont wanna read through this thread in case of spoilers but is this worth a watch? how many episodes has there been so far? really enjoyed the first season.

20. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

Second season is 8 aswell, it's okay but not as good as the first. Worth a watch though.