1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Why the Split?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 9, 2013.

Discuss Why the Split? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Vertie Auld

Maybe fewer people are actively engaged in republican politics in the Republic because it has less impact on their day-to-day lives. Those in the Six Counties are still under occupation so obviously they're more engaged. You'd still be hard pushed to find anyone in the Republic who is not a nationalist.

2. Vertie Auld

What have you done with Jorge? :smiley-laughing002: Kidding. Great post. :50:

3. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yep. Seen me in the taxi hame fae the dancin before they hit me.

Tracers, trippin, * me, they were good :icon_mrgreen:

Anyway Paul67, back on topic or I'll get some * to ban ye :38:

4. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

Ballymena or Larne would be more likely his choice of destination.

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

There's the Libertarian that i like. :icon_mrgreen:

6. Pinstripe

Its not the first time the support has been split on opinions and it wont be the last, I remember standing applauding The Bunnet as he unfurled the league flag while others around me were booing, couldnt believe what I was hearing but that was their opinion and they had the right to express that opinion and quite rightly so, if the club take that right away they will be walking on dangerous ground, they will undoubtedly loose some supporters.

7. Pádraig Pearse

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Tully
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Inter Milan
    Another thing I think will divide the support would be a plc backed, watered down singing section. That would be a complete disaster.

8. ByeByeHuns

I think since the huns have gone * up some of them have infiltrated our support in a black op intended to bring us down. They have employed the old divide and rule tactic and are the ones causing all the *. They are the ones whos faces we never see on twitter and on message boards like this, stirring it up. They could even have gone as far as infiltating the support away matches? Whos to really know. It could be like a false flag attack i.e the smoke bomb lobbed at Big Fraser or the broken seats, and the media huns are ready and waiting to stoke the fires with their phone ins and rags.

Remember your only paranoid if you think folk are out to get you and they aren't.

9. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't after you" Joseph Heller

10. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I don't know how this could happen. It would be a total embarrassment tbh.

I can imagine a Gospel Choir in there, with 40,000 others staring in silence like they've witnessed the Paradise Windfall being done by Basil Brush.

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Must admit, the thought crossed my mind for a second or two as well. :56:

12. Vertie Auld

Catch-22. Cracking book. :50:

13. Pinstripe

Maybe we could get Rod, Jim Kerr and Subo to start it off, get the footie and a gig for the price of one.:smiley-laughing002:

14. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Being one of the oldies and naturally knowing mainly those who stood with me on the terraces of the old Jungle from the mid 60's right up until we became all seated, I've no doubt the split started with generations that followed me. Guys that really started to follow Celtic in the 90's as young boys will now be in their early 20's. They would just about have caught the end of standing terracing and want that kind of atmosphere back.

The young ones today (young teenagers) read and hear stories of how the songs were always belted out loud and proud with most of the crowd in full voice long before kick off making even the hairs on the necks of our own players stand on end.

Since the change to all seated stadia though that all changed. Then along came the huge amount of coverage on TV and suddenly a club's image became more important than the traditional fan. Money began to talk and dictate what should be acceptable to worldwide TV audiences. The type of supporter clubs wanted changed from being the traditional working man to that of who will give us as a business the most money.

So just who are the in betweeners? I'd say it is a mixture of the oldies no longer so interested in politics, new supporters who see today's football as a family day out type of thing and the guys who appear online only and like to cause mayhem with controversy just for the sake of it.

Devlin also raised the excellent point that since the demise of the Huns media attention has fallen on our support in the main, with Government legislation being used a tool to even things up in some kind of deluded perverse way.

Every negative is being jumped upon and some is deserved, but we all know much of it is just plain old pathetic media sensationalist journalism. Facts distorted or totally ignored, lies told, rumours printed as fact, hidden agenda's all to sell newspapers.

Have to say though Celtic_Jorge really sums it up for me because at the end of the day, "Worst things could be happening. We could be going into administration or something."

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Good post Lion, that sounds about right.

16. Glorious1967

that mad cow would be trying to hump rods leg, have we no been embarrassed enough :56:

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Now that's offensive!

SUMMIT!

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    :50:

19. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Modern society has changed, people dont view themselves as part of a community now you can see this at football too, nobody is up for a fight because people are now thinking in individual terms and not community. Working Class guys going to the football has changed into the office worker going to the football and the modern world does not let you engage your own brain, everyone must act he same and think the same, conform or your * in other words.

Its * int it.

:54:

20. Tifosi Celtic

Crackin post from Lion.