1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

"Our supporters do not want this any more. We are a non-political organisation"

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dáibhí, Nov 28, 2013.

Discuss "Our supporters do not want this any more. We are a non-political organisation" in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamieTheScot

Here is what I said earlier.

2. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I will let you decide what is sensible and what is hard work :smiley-laughing002:
    I don't know if he would or wouldn't be making this stance its hard to say. Although I have heard he is trying hard to get elected to the top table at uefa (let the lurkers worry about that one :icon_mrgreen:).
    That is what I have said, I think he is just always "businessman" when it comes to Celtic. I don't know if "we/fans" could drive him out, as he is tight with Desmond and at the end of the day Des calls the shots, so how come he is not getting the * ripped out of him ... as i would bet a fair amount, that the statement was approved by Des bhoy.

3. Jinky.

You said you want Republican politics to stop, but you are pro Poppy?

4. Don Larsson

JamieTheScot

Regardless of whether I agree with you or not, stop. You're on TalkCeltic mate, don't argue against the Green Brigade or any display made at a Celtic game. Not worth it.

5. JamieTheScot

I do not care about Irish politics, I just don't think they should be sung at games.

I could not care less if people wear or don't wear the poppy. Both sides, for and against it are as annoying as each other.

6. devlin quigley

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG. YNWA.
    I agree with the politics of the banner and many of the viewpoints that the GB display. But I also think that it can exclude members of our support. And to me having a supporter base that is accepting of all people regardless of faith, nationality or political views is far more important and closer to the true values of my club than banners and songs.

7. Jinky.

You want to remove a section of people from the support because of their political views and take away their right to protest against the poppy.

8. JamieTheScot

I have noticed, lesson learned.

9. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    If you have read this through it is not specifically about his problem with the green brigade but with the songs that are sung at Celtic. There are numerous posters on here who do not agree with the green brigade for various reasons.

10. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Again with the poppy wear it if you want, don't if you don't.

With the Rebel Songs, sing them if you want, don't if you don't.

Wouldn't life be so much * simpler if everyone just let others get on with their own business instead of telling everyone else what they should or shouldn't do?

11. Mr. Slippyfist

I disagree 100% that it "excludes" members of our support. In fact, how can it? Like I've said before (still to receive an answer come to think of it) - if these "IRA lovin' knuckledraggers" are in the minority, or not wanted at Celtic Park, then why aren't those opposed to it on their feet singing PURELY football songs at the stadium and drowning them out? Simple fact is it is NOT a minority.

12. Jinky.

Green Brigade or no Green Brigade your door will still get put in for singing Irish folk songs.

13. marks67

Who gives a * anymore, lets be trendy and accept fascism and felon setting.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    :50:

I think he would mate but it's a dangerous game he's playing here,I still would rather have him onside than not but he's in danger of a real backlash coming with discontent with signings,harassment and attacking game goers amongst other things unsettling punters..

We know lawwell always has the business hat on and to bedside that's his main job..
    Interesting point about me Desmond,no doubt about it,everything must go through his say so..

15. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Oh the outrage! An image of Bobby Sands. Take away just that image from our display. The media in Scotland would be falling over themselves to praise our support for the Wallace image and totally ignorant to Bik Mc Farlanes words. Why no outrage when we display images of Che Guevara. And in UEFAs eyes. What makes Che acceptable and Sands unacceptable? We should arrange to send the Bobby Sands banner to friendly European clubs like St Pauli. Just to gauge the reaction in different countries!

16. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

You only have to look at old footage and you see the MAJORITY of Celtic fans singing Soldiers Song, BOTOB, Celtic Symphony, Fields of Athenrye and many many more.

17. Samaras13

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    That radio interview with the Celtic fan should be interesting tomorrow

18. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

If we had been investigated for a display ONLY depicting William Wallace then there would be uproar.

19. Mr. Slippyfist

:50:

In fact, I challenge those who agree with Lawwell that Irish republicanism is not wanted at Celtic Park to display a banner at the next home game declaring so.

20. Mr. Slippyfist

Oh, without an absolute doubt.

Funny that, isn't it? :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.