1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Metrobhoy, Nov 12, 2013.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lennon1888

2. BoltonLad

Well, that's that then!

Muppet.

3. BoltonLad

Don't worry. There's a lot of Catholics down here who support Bolton Wanderers.

Pax vobiscum baby! :60:

4. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Why am i a muppet? I do not think that Bolton would add anything to the PL.

5. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Well, at least Neil would be able to say he got sent to the stands in a better class of stadium than in the Championship. :icon_mrgreen:

6. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Seem to be in a minority here but I quite like Bolton.Don't think it is a bad appointment for Lennon either. Can see him doing well and getting them up the table and as people,have said the league is so even with a bit of momentum he could get them up.

7. Sonny7

:56:

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Good luck to him, I think he'll need it. Bolton, from the small amount I've seen, look like they'll struggle to avoid a relegation battle. I wonder if he'll try sign anyone from us?

9. mickybhoy87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andreas Hinkel
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good luck to Neil and Big Johan.
    They definitely have a tough task on their hands but if he can get the players playing for him and grind out a few results then I'd say getting a mid-table finish this season won't be a bad start for him.
    No chance of promotion when you watch a few of the other teams about BUT what would be disastrous for him Imo is getting relegated which can easily happen in that league with their start so far.

10. Vertie Auld

Why do you care about which clubs are playing in the English Premier League? :smiley-laughing002:

Personally, I hope Bolton do well, if only because a Celtic great is in charge down there.

11. Vertie Auld

Celtic has never been a religiously exclusive club like Rangers were. The rivalry, on our side at least, was mostly a political one. Just want to clear that up, mate, because I know that there's a misconception in England that the rivalry was sectarian in nature - that's only a half-truth.

I hope we haven't given you the impression that we have a superiority complex. We're normally on the receiving end of it from fans of clubs like Norwich City. :smiley-laughing002:

What are your ambitions for the coming seasons? Beating the drop, pushing for promotion?

12. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fail to see why so many are * at this, no-one rates Scottish football in the slightest he was never gonna get a big job. He literally can't fail at Bolton having taken them over so low, good gig for him.

13. Cheese - Burger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larrssonnnnnn
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    unbowed -unbeaten

14. dylan

Any Celtic player who can't resist the temptation of playing for a team at the bottom of the English Championship and heading for League One, would be welcome to leave in my book.

15. Jungo

Don't really rate him as a manager tbh

All the best though

16. BoltonLad

No problem there. I went to a Roman Catholic grammar school in Bolton in the 1960's and my music teacher was a priest who originally came from the Gorbals. A great man, * rest his soul. Father Jock McGovern SDB indoctrinated us in Glasgow Celtic and its traditions and history. I can still sing every verse of the John Thomson song! :smiley-laughing002: We told him all about Bolton Wanderers too!

As for the coming seasons? Well, judging from the positivity from the vast majority of supporters, we are looking forward to the experience of life under Lennon. Despite our current league position there's enough in the current squad (with an injection of fresh players in January) to achieve a mid-table finish. Next season? Well, that could be very exciting.

Dougie Freedman was a disaster at Bolton. He should have got the bullet six months ago. I wish him well elsewhere but he wasn't right for us. Neil Lennon is a lot better than the other names who were being bandied around. I think he's a good appointment.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
  17. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I do not really care tbh, but as a football fan, i prefer that the likes of Bolton stay away from the top flight. Ofc he can have a different view on it.

18. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    As a Celtic fan if it is bad for the BPL then I want to see Bolton go up. I dont really understand why so many here are so passionate about the BPLs health. I would also wish Lenny all the best in his career south of the border unless at some stage he has a team playing in European competition.

19. BoltonLad

'The likes of Bolton'

Dear, oh dear.

20. murphy88

FWIW mate, I think your club has made a very good appointment. Lennon took over one of the worst Celtic team's there has been, and totally transformed us, in a very short space of time also. He put us back on the map in Europe as well. He has his flaws, what manager doesn't though to be fair, but the positives far outweigh the negatives. A lot of people still think of Lennon as being a bit of a hot head etc. That is something that he has changed. The difference from his first season in charge at Celtic to his last was there for all to see. He become a lot smarter when talking to the media, and he learned to control his emotion in my opinion. The passion was still there of course, as it always will be with Lennon, that is the type of person he is, but he definitely mellowed during his time in charge here. All the best for the rest of the season, I'm sure you will be fine in the hands of Lennon and co.