1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ajax are a joke

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jafa, Nov 6, 2013.

Discuss Ajax are a joke in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Got into the stadium having bought 3 genuine tickets
    Got searched no colours but as we weren't Dutch in the Ajax end kicked out again as no Dutch I'd
    The tickets we had were from viagogo and they confirmed no I'd needed

There were loads iof us on the train,,,, high Cris, he got done twice two different tickets
    What a joke
    There was even girls with corporate tickets chucked out
    A guy got his tickets off Liverpool F C got refused
    Okay if I were tanked up but FFS i was with the wife and son

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2013
  2. wulliebad

should buy your tickets through the club.....simple.

3. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

After all the trouble no wonder they probally didn't want to take the risk and how can someone purchase tickets from liverpool for a Celtic v Ajax game:97:

4. Mr. Slippyfist

Celtic are a joke.

5. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

:56:

6. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Celtic issued warnings our own in the away end risked being thrown out and that id would be asked for.

Online sites selling the tickets wouldn't care if you got in or not. Sadly that is always the risk you take going into away ends.

7. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    I personally had to give I'd to buy my ticket it was an official Ajax ticket thru their ticket agents
    It was officially my ticket with my address

8. Boss

No offense mate but if you sound like you type, maybe they thought you were drunk.

:icon_mrgreen:

9. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Anyone going into the ajax end after the trouble in glasgow and before this game needs their head looked at.

10. Nicodemus|FCK

FC Copenhagen had the same problem last night against galatasaray. With tyrkish fans having bought tickets for all stands. Security was fairly busy showing the exit to troublemakers and relocating peaceful fans.

11. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    No offense mate but if you sound like you type, maybe they thought you were drunk.

Didn't have my glasses with me.
    Back to work this morning. I rang Viagogo yesterday. They don't pay the original seller for up to 8 days after the event so hopefully will get our money back.
    My son was talking to an English girl yesterday who lives and works in the Dam and she initially got refused entry as she was speaking to her dad in English, but got let in after speaking some Dutch.
    To me that's just F... racist.
    As for the Liverpool connection, they were complimentary tickets thru them. All clubs get them. Same way, scouts etc can get into most games thru their own club ringing up.
    I take on board the attitude of some that we shouldn't be getting tickets in the home end. But how many will be doing that in Barcelona etc.
    If football fans, and that's what I class myself as as I live in England and go and watch Yeovil in the Championship most weeks, should I not be allowed entry into there because Ive also got an allegiance to another team? I love my football and watch many different teams.
    My mistake was getting there early with my wife and son, when it was quiet and they had nothing better to do.
    I also think there could be a little scam going on as they physically kept my sons ticket. Wouldn't give it back.
    Owner of ticket sells it, gets his money. Steward lets him in and gives him a ticket with a seat number on it (doesn't have to be the same seat) knowing we couldn't get back in.
    And the steward kept denying he had a supervisor to call . So he was playing judge and jurer whether we could remain in the stadium.
    Cost me the best part of £8/900 and never even saw the game.

12. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I am so sorry to hear that mate. You are right that people should be allowed in the home as long as they do not wear the away team's colour and do not provoke the home suport.

However, there have been various problems in the Netherlands in this respect in the past and that is why they are quite strict on this (you should also take into account the surrounding atmosphere around this game). I went to see Gent play against Feyenoord (Europe League qualifier) and the person I was with got fear of hights and could not make it to the away end. There was a whole section empty in the stadium, but the stewards would not allow him to sit there (he could not have cause bothered as he would be the only one sitting there with some stewards). Eventually he sat outside the stadium for the whole game...

That being said, I could be mistaken, but I thought I saw quite a lot of Celtic fans with colours in the home on the tele.

13. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Of course the trip was to see Celtic, as I don't get to see them often. But as my son was working as a ski instructor in Austria with the Dutch and I have some Dutch friends, we thought why not. Go out there, we all met up with some Dutch friends during the day, had a meal, enjoyed walking round Dam Square together for a bit and then said our goodbyes and made our way to the stadium. Unfortunately, my friends were Utrecht supporters and didn't want to watch Ajax, otherwise they would have come with us.

But it was the attitude of the stewards that really * us off. If they had an issue, they should be stood outside the turnstiles, not after youve been allowed in. Why search and ask for ID inside? Hence why I think it was open to a scam. As there were only 2 stewards would they have challenged us if we were all tanked up in a big group? We were easy pickings.

14. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If folk had of turned round and said they were American, Australian, South African or some other English speaking nation I fail to see what they could have done, that said turning away Scottish people is bad enough and cannot see how in principle this fits into the EU Masterplan for a federal Europe, freedom of movement etc.

Also if you had of said you were a British fan of Ajax how could they possibly have said you did not belong in their stadium?

If it did warn on the tickets no away fans in the home end, then people in truth should have been more prepared and at the very least not wear colours.

Similar thing happened to me many years ago, happened that Scotland were playing in Kiev when I was working there, got a ticket on the day of the game in the Ukraine end with a Ukrainian friend, was questioned on the way in if I was Scottish, just said I was American and in I went with no further ado!

15. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    I cannot deny we were given a warning by Viagogo .

This was it.

We are contacting you regarding your tickets for Ajax vs Celtic - Champions League 2013-14, on 6 November 2013, 20:45 <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that you have purchased tickets located in the home section and would therefore ask you to abide by the following guidelines in line with local regulations: <o:p></o:p>
    In order to gain entry to the stadium please do not wear any away clothing, including scarves, or carry any team flags or memorabilia into the stadium. <o:p></o:p>
    We encourage you to abide by these guidelines to ensure you gain entry to the venue to enjoy the match with other fans. <o:p></o:p>
    Best regards, <o:p></o:p>
    viagogo Team <o:p></o:p>

And that we did. No colours anything. To be honest my wife has Never worn a football top.

16. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Same thing almost happened to me. Thankfully we were able to convince the guy to fool himself into thinking Aberdeen wasn't in Scotland and that we were there on a business trip.

In addition we almost got pulled up when looking for our seats, as we didn't have a clue where we were going, some steward started talking to me in dutch and i had no clue so just kept walking. Stopped there by two stewards, we had to explain what had happened downstair and they warned us again that they couldn't guarantee our safety and we then went to our seats.

Was an uncomfortable experience in with a hostile crowd but i survived.

17. Mr. Slippyfist

18. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    At no point does it say Celtic fans or non Dutch people can be tossed out, it merely states the obvious and not to wear opposing colours, which you adhered to, I think anyone who was ejected or refused entry has a good case, but being football fans I'm sure normal conditions won't apply!!!!

At the very least the agency should refund you your dough on the basis they sold you a useless ticket knowing your were Scottish if they were aware of Ajax entry policy

19. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    And the good news is Viagogo have come up trumps and are returning the money for the 3 tickets bought through them.

For all those doubting thomases out there, at least this company IS an authorised ticket agency and do what it says on the tin.

The more we as a family think about the experience, it was nothing other than down right racism. If UEFA passed a law saying you can only watch a CL team if you live in the country hosting it, there would be uproar. Can you imagine away at Man U and English based bhoys got tickets and were refused entry just because where they come from. .

As I started off with , what a joke.

20. Partickbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG/LET THE PEOPLE SING
    * Ajax and * thier bigot fans.

Full * stop.