1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

UCL: Ajax vs CELTIC,Wed 6th Nov, KO 7:45pm, Live on SS4

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marie, Nov 1, 2013.

Discuss UCL: Ajax vs CELTIC,Wed 6th Nov, KO 7:45pm, Live on SS4 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jonybhoy

100% but sammy n commons shoulda been hooked first , that lob wen stokesy had made space was just criminal

2. jonbhoy1990

too many moany * on here. we didnt turn up tonight.it happens fs and the goal from ajax was pure class. we live to fight another day. hail hail

3. PliXter

Ajax kept us contained very well. In possession we were terribly lost and wasteful, didn't create enough and when we did, the final ball was either non existent or inept. Stokes could have been through on twice. Last home night yet to come, hopefully we'll get the win.

4. pod

Did they *, they are rank rotten.

5. Celtic abu

Absolutely * abysmal. Players were * and Lenny was utterly clueless. I walked out of the pub when he took Stokes off and kept that other balloon on. I've honestly never been more annoyed by a Celtic game in my life. * ragin tbh

We might be good defensively but we are * hopeless with the ball. Stokes and Van Dijk were the only ones that used the ball well and looked as if they knew what they were doing when they had the ball

6. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Very disappointing tonight but you can't say it was entirely unexpected. No proper frontman, not clinical, not creative etc. etc. We defended reasonably well though.

All is not lost though... if we can beat Milan and Barca beat Ajax the group is still open

7. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    All I can really say is....I've seen more balls from a *.

I can accept a defeat if we actually show some cajones...but that was *.

Subs that were made were also wrong. Commons and Sammy for me were rank rotten from the start.

* that we only looked interested after they scored.

Ah well. Onto Milan.

Europa league it may look like, but just remember........We were told we'd get * ALL.
    We've played four games....and played * in one.

don't know about you lot but...I'm going to look at the positives in this group of European Champions

8. Glasgow_Bhoy88

Tactical ineptitude, wrong IX, poor subs and downright laziness are the reasons we lost...bitterly disappointed win was there for the taking.

9. Heb Celt

Time to start playing McGeouch,Rogic,Atajic and Balde.The 1st team players will have to learn that their place in team is not guaranteed.Dismal display tonight apart from the defence.Was bringing back Commons,Sammy and Forrest too soon for all 3.

10. TimMalloyBhoy

He won two away games. Let's all applaud that. He is clueless tactically for the most part, the players that wear the green and white at the moment are imposters. No drive, no determination, motivation. No * balls.

11. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Always feel optimistic before these away European games but I don't know why- we were awful tonight. Really disappointing again. We just don't have what it takes middle to front to win these games. Our passing and possession is laughable at times. We are wasteful with any set pieces also, which was such a strong point last year.

I thought Samaras was particularly bad tonight. He should be our main player but he was pathetic- didn't make a single run with the ball up the wing all night. Kept giving it away as well.

Ah well.

12. ArminCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    There was no one in our team tonight that was able to put incisive pass , no one to make clever run off the ball.I know Browns decision making can be questionable at times,but tonight we also lacked leadership.We got nothing from Sammy in that aspect,instead he looked lifeless.Sometimes ,or most of the time ,in away games we just lack balls,to be honest.

13. Hadouken

2 more games than our previous managers achieved

14. TimMalloyBhoy

That makes it alright then. It was to be expected. So let's just forget about it. Utter *.

15. TimMalloyBhoy

And what? Two games? He is tactically clueless and it doesn't take a professional football manager to notice his excessive flaws. Outsmarted constantly by better managers.

16. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I thought he worked hard and used the ball well. His shooting was horrendous as usual though.

17. mrtbhoy78

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the huddle
    bad result tonight bhoys ,samaras and commons weren't fit and forrest didnt get a touch until 30 minutes in. makes it squeaky * time for the last 2 games. we can still do it!

18. smadabhoy

This

19. Roskopicachu

The problem is Lenny brings in new guys and doesn't play them. Then if you look at the quality who's been brought in to play midfield, Biton and Rogic are just not what we needed.

20. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Who said forget about it? These problems haven't just appeared tonight, they've been lingering for a while so that's why it wasn't unexpected. What they were lacking in was keeping the ball for any length of time.