1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Champions League: AC Milan vs CELTIC, 18th September 19:45 kick off, live on SS2

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, Sep 10, 2013.

Discuss Champions League: AC Milan vs CELTIC, 18th September 19:45 kick off, live on SS2 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. murphy88

That was all he done of note to be fair. It was a great run and effort, but is that enough for 90mins, I wouldn't say so. He was very quiet last night, and allowed Zaccardo all the time and space in the world to get forward, without really troubling him when we attacked.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He should have passed to Stokes then instead of shot, Stokes had peeled off the two defenders and would have been 1-1

3. murphy88

That would have put us 1-0 up mate. And I reckon we would have had enough about us to keep that lead.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I meant Stokes would have been one-on-one with the keeper! seem to do stupid typos like that on my phone :56:

5. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think he means Stokes would have been 1-on-1.

6. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think so too, decision making like that is the difference between us and the top teams.

7. murphy88

:56::56:

8. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I agree, sammy had pulled both centre backs towards him and stokes was in acres of space, a reverse ball into his path and he is one on one with abbiati.

9. Cmcgregor90

Seriously though what was the red hand flag all about and why did ther have a banner saying glasgow rangers no surrender :97::smiley-laughing002: wouldn't surprise me if it was a zombie who travelled all that way to pull something like that off

10. Cmcgregor90

Commons IMO had three chances to hit the ball outside the box three times he took
    The extra touches and was caught!

11. Cofi#12-CFC1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown, Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic symphony
    We were very unlucky yesterday, we deserved to take at least a point from San Siro. We played very good, even better than last season imo.

They knew that main threat is Sammy, so he was always closed down by at least two players. He was poor yesterday, so was Commons.

Many of you will disagree with this, but I really want to see Derk on left wing instead of Sammy. Also, I would drop Commons for Pukki.

12. celtic89

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    We need to have more balls in the final third of the pitch. I mean testicles, players need to be willing to take risks more often. We are no longer the team that punts it and hopes for the best and are good enough at building play and keeping the ball but sometimes last night I was * screaming for us to try and take their defenders on instead of Always going wide and putting crosses in to nobody. 9 corners and I can't recall a header from any of them... although I was at the game and could barely stand, red wine bad idea :52:

13. Mousse

Yes, I obviously did watch the game. I never said their goals were great or anything, but the fact is they managed to score two of them. Celtic had good chances and played well, but the difference between winning and losing might be a defender scoring an own goal and/or a goalkeeper parrying a shot back to play instead of deflecting it wide, away from goal.

Not blaming either one of them, but maybe there's at least a possibility of something besides bad luck also being involved in those two situations?

Don't get me wrong, Celtic was really good yesterday in my opinion. But if you concede two quite questionable goals and ruin your own best chances, then how do you deserve to get points? Because you controlled the game? Come on...

14. smithy18

Sammy should have done the same our decision making needs to improve at this level

15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It was Sammy I was talking about mate :50:

16. smithy18

I it was a really poor decision I was screaming at the Tele when I seen stokes make the run it really could of changed the game

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It is exactly that kind of decisiveness we need at this level, the decision making was sub-par.

We're better than that. The poor final balls last night was nothing but mental problems. We need to go into these games believing we stand shoulder to shoulder and have a right to win! We played beautifully last night, there's just that wee bit of quality that we need to sort. We are capable of it, so it's not a question of ability

18. murphy88

Nigel De Jong even said after the game in his interview that Milan were lucky.

And Allegri has said that we were the better team.

19. OC

Chuffed with the performance, players showed balls from first minute of the game and tried to play the ball on deck as much as they could.

However a lot of possession didn't account to much, Matthews could've had 100 more crosses and result would have remained the same. I think Samaras needed to come into the area more often when Matthews was crossing, but that would make him and Stokes the only ones there, still far too little to offer there.

Ambrose and van Dijk were great, looking forward to seeing more of them.

It's gutting to see so little being created, Samaras' shot wide, Brown losing the ball and Stokes' free-kick is pretty much everything there was to offer in front of their goal. Not enough.

Pukki and Boerrigter were good subs, I'd say Balde deserved some time as well.

Overall - one point was deserved, but typically they scored late.

20. dmac

forster having a rab douglas moment for the 2nd goal and flat footed for the 1st. the 1st was deflected when it was going wide but his positioning was suspect as it was for the 2nd