1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

New Forum Layout

Discussion in 'Helpdesk' started by Celtic Mad, May 25, 2005.

Discuss New Forum Layout in the Helpdesk area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

New forums have been added and some taken away. What do you think of the new layout?

We thought that a general footy forum and a general sports forum were good ideas.

2. BB Banned!

Looks good mate...sorry i never read this before i pm'ed you about the vbookie dissappearing...LOL...

Imagine someone being so daft... :56:

3. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Lol..I have made it an independent forum again as some people may find it confusing if it's in the TalkCeltic Pub.

4. Mick

Looks good CM, hopefully it should help tidy up some of the other threads as well.

5. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

It should definateky tidy the forums up a bit, but you'll always get the occasional idiot posting football threads in the TalkCeltic pub even thought the appropriate forum is right under it! lol.

6. Darlo Hoop

Fav Celtic Player:
    Zurawski, Maloney, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team, YNWA
    Liking it CM, you can tell straight away that the other footy forum is a success... all everyones obvisouly got lots to talk about... think il get a bit of Darlington Hartlepool Banter on the go

7. bhoywunda Banned!

Good job, seperates the stuff that ends up in the pub nicely. Have you answered DarloHoops' request yet CM? lol

8. Mick

Just had an idea, because DavyCelt was talking about taking his video camera to Hampden on Saturday, why don't we have a Celtic MultiMedia section ? It could include stuff like clips and mp3's etc. The only problem that may arise however is that it could cause a lot of trouble though due to the site hosting mp3 files and infringement of various copyrights. If this was not an issue however I think it would be a great idea for TC members to upload and share their Celtic stuff with each other.Worth looking into in my opinion.

9. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Was thinking that myself but as long as we aren't hosting them and only linking to places where they have been uploaded, I don't think that is much of a problem.

10. Davycelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Not a bad idea mate - if we could find some way of hosting vids and pics aswell as just links that would be good for those members who have difficulty with this - is this possible CM

11. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

There are sites out there that lets you upload your video recordings and mp3s for free, so we could upload our vidoes to them sites and link them from a post.

12. Davycelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    If we all used the same hosting service would this make things easier??

Any suggestions which one is best - the one i used after the huns game was free but only for an evaluation peiod - the links i posted have now expired

13. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

I think all the free ones delete them after so long, like a week or something, which is a *. There are ones you can pay for, and say get 50-100gb of space, where everyone who has given a bit of money to, will have access to it.

14. Mick

Try http://www.rapidshare.de. It is completely free and requires no sign up It will host your file indefinetely, and only deletes it if you want to or if no one has downloaded the file for 30 days (but hey no problem just upload it again). It has no file size limit either.

15. Davycelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Nice one Mick - looks good - you're not such a useless git after all (* - forgot this wasnt the gm forum)

16. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Quality mate, thanks for the link! 30mb seems like enough space to upload a small clips and mp3s :84

17. Mick

You just watch it DC or i'll be informing the stewards you're taking a video camera into Hampden on Saturday :56: