1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Virgil van Dijk

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by DutchCelticFan, Jun 21, 2013.

Discuss Virgil van Dijk in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Aye, thats my take too.I think the only reason he will still be here after January is if he truly believes we can get a good run out of the EL, or if the clubs that come for him arent of the quality he wants.
    I bet he watches the TV thinking....i cant * wait to get down there.In his mind he is only one bad injury away from losing his dream.A twisted knee, a bad ankle strain....and it could all be over.He will want to sign on the dotted line asap for a big contract that will guarantee his future.Why would he wait?

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Did you say....re-invest?:97:

Don't be so absurd.

3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I'd be very surprised and disappointed if he left in January. He'll surely want a crack at the EL, treble and the huns. We'll also be absolutely desperate to keep him until the summer.

4. murphy88

We got money in the summer that we haven't re-invested yet, so I wouldn't be confident of the fee we get for Van Dijk being put back into the team.

5. celtic green

I'd be very surprised if he is with us when the window closed in january. as for re-invest as if

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Strolls it, like play ground kick about for him..

7. port boy

Why would a Dutch kid care bout playing Rangers?

8. Tulf

Can see him staying til the summer, would be stupid to sell him on our part, and unless a really decent team come in for him he would be better staying and having a go in the Europa.

9. LoveTheTic88

4 goals in his last 5 games, guy can do it all. Put him upfront and he'd look better than most strikers in the Scottish Premiership.

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    His goal last night was his first goal at Celtic Park, previous 10 goals were all in away games/Murrayfield.

11. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Aye, I was surprised to read that.

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Good to see he's taking his chances this season, could have been well into double figures last year if he had taken his chances.

13. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

:rolleyes:

14. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Performances have picked up ahead of the transfer window. Would be a big blow to lose him in January, but not a big surprise.

15. kevgal1888

Ambrose takes a lot of the marking pressure of him and he just excels in it! Different class

16. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    January is gonna be a long month with rumours aplenty about Big Virgil fingers crossed he stays until at least the summer

17. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Dug the strikers oot a hole last night. I think he'll hang about until the end of the season, as he has a chance to add more silverware to his collection.

18. LoveTheTic88

Celtic defender Virgil van Dijk reveals his attacking prowess has been shaped by Holland legend Johan Cruyff

Celtic defender Virgil van Dijk has revealed the attacking side of his game was indirectly influenced by the great Johan Cruyff.

The Dutchman's talents as a centre-back have led to him being linked with a move to England in the January transfer window with Arsenal reportedly one of his suitors.

However, he showed his prowess in the opposition penalty box against Partick Thistle on Wednesday night when he notched his sixth goal of the season - his first of his Hoops career at Parkhead - in the 1-0 home win to ease Celtic three points clear of Inverness at the top of the Scottish Premiership.

The 23-year-old, who started his career as a youth at Willem II, claimed his sharpness in front of goal was honed as a kid playing on pitches named after Holland's most famous player - although he does not see his future as a striker.

"I have never played as a striker regularly or anything but when I was younger I was always the winger or striker,' said the former Groningen player. We have Johan Cruyff courts in Holland. They're small pitches where you play games of five-a-side."

"The level is very high and a lot of professional footballers like to play there as well. So that's what I did when I was younger and sometimes you can see it a little bit on the pitch but I love to defend as well, that's the main thing and the important thing for me."

"I can't remember when I became a defender but when I was at Willem II I was a defender and I'm still a defender. I want to be there for the rest of my career. If I can score a goal and help the team and win games it's going to be fun as well. Last year I think I had five in total and I always want to improve myself. I just want to win games and be a champion."

19. AlbaGuBrath

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjällby, Lustig, Brown, Lubo, McStay, Bonner
    Played for William of Orange's dad's team lol *!

I think we'll keep him until summer. Think it's best for all parties.

20. Gillie_bhoy

1-0 up, need to close out the game.

VVD is running up the left wing..