1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

"Pot Is The New Gay Marriage"

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by greengrocer, Jun 5, 2013.

Discuss "Pot Is The New Gay Marriage" in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. goodybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Quote: Originally Posted by Seosamh_67 Keep up the derogatory comments and you'll just be treated with contempt, like some other posters on here.

What has taxes got to do with human rights, anyway? And aye, let's legalise something that damages peoples lives and those around them, before legalising something that brings people peace."

Seosamh_67 .. who is clearly uncleHo lol gay marrige does concern tax payers because when married you get tax breaks as a couple. In some states in the US they give you the right to gay marrige but won't let you get the tax benifits.

And celticbhoy17, yer bang on the botton mate!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
  2. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Just when the crop has been dried properly, removing the water slowly using ventilation rather than quick drying it. It leaves a smoother smoke and sweeter smell.

3. Seosamh Máirtín

People have been marrying for tax benefits for decades. If gay people wanted to do that, nothing is stopping them. It is stupid to deny them to marry who they like.

And what has Ho got to do with it? As far as I recall, he had no particularly strong feelings about gay marriage. I, however, do, especially when people come across bitter in their point of views regarding the issue.

4. RocknRolla67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All of Em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It's always baffled me that cigarettes and alcohol are legal but weed isn't. And prescription pills are also a huge problem over here in the States, I don't know about in other countries but last year there were more fatal overdoses from prescription painkillers then cocaine and heroin combined. Doctors over here pass out subscriptions for highly addictive, potentially fatal pills like they are * candy.

5. Celtic_Jorge

To be fair the world has a lot more pressing issues than gay marriage and marijuana.

I really wish that people could start putting things into perspective more.

6. goodybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I agree. I don't care and I think they should be equal. Everyone should! Was just pointing out that taxes do have ties to gay marrige. I don't know the UK's policies on the matter though

And I thought you were uncle ho because he got banned and is probably in as a different user name.

7. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    http://www.marijuana.com/news/2013/06/bill-maher-pot-is-the-new-gay-marriage/

8. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    :56::56::56:

Can I ask you to elaborate on that absolute nonsensical statement? Damages people's lives and those around them? :smiley-laughing002: In what way exactly?

Could you imagine a substance which kills on average 8,000-10,000 a year on the UK with up to 70% of A&E incidents attributed to it on a Friday & Saturday night being legal? Well, it is. You can buy freely it on the shelves and the government are happy for you to buy bottle after bottle, and because it's socially acceptable it's fine & dandy.

Incase you didn't know, Cannabis has never killed anyone in the history of mankind. It's already legalised/decriminalised in 20 States, which are thriving both economically and socially - with Colorado being the most recent to do so last month.

Not to mention the countless medical benefits from Cannabis which can help pain, depression, anxiety, nausea amongst other positives. Some cancer patients say their life wouldn't be worth living without Cannabis. I'm talking about Medical Marijuana by the way (the stuff you get in the dispensaries), not some rubbish grown in a ned's loft, they really are world's apart in both a recreational and health sense. If it were to be legalised, we'd get the top grade quality.

I find it * ridiculous that this natural herb is illegal, there's no basis whatsoever for it. The government don't give a * about your health, only £££. If they did, Alcohol & Tabacco would be illegal too, and you'd get the same bullshit from the likes of Talk To Frank (the Government's propaganda machine) detailing all the horror stories from both.

It's okay to drink your drug....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
  9. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Bit strange from someone so apparently hellbent on inserting his * into the * of others.

10. The67Sound

Got you. Sounds like Don Draper selling Lucky Strike. It's toasted!

11. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Top post!!

12. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    I no longer smoke but I can tell you this for free, this post is a top one!

13. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert

Illegalized purely for profit. (For those of you who don't understand that...I know gas does). The timber industry is what made weed illegal...not the "detrimental" health effects.

14. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

20 euro a gram where I live. 30 pound for 28 grams? Youre having a laugh.

15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    In Amsterdam they sell it for about €10/12 a gram. Think there is even cheaper €8 stuff too but we got the dearer stuff.

16. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Over here the married person's tax code doesn't exist any more (I think). Personally I thought it was bull * that a married man took home more money than me for doing the same job just because he was married. You get punished for being married when you have to claim benefits though because you have to claim as a couple you get less money than 2 single people would.

17. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Last time I was there, when I was still an enjoyer of an old toke, it was roughly that price but you could also get larger bits for cheaper. I got 7.8 grams of northern lights for 50 euro which is sensational compared to what you pay / get for your money here.