1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Kevin Doyle

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by McManus4, Mar 19, 2013.

Discuss Kevin Doyle in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roskopicachu

Hooper can go. The money comes in and it gets re-invested in the team. We knew when we signed him, he wanted to move on someday. He'll always be a legend here and that's all that matters.

2. doctor venglos

I hope you are right about Ambrose because he is fucken terrible
    I reckon it is inevitable about Hooper +Wanyama going.

I would be quite happy with a strike force of Doyle, Stokes, Watt, Atajic and Russell, all good hard workers and we can perm a good two out of any of them.

If we are going to spend £4M on any player it should be a class stopper, because while Mulgrew and Wilson are OK, they are not world beaters.

3. Peadar45

In what sense is it stupid?

4. AD1967

Fav Celtic Song:
    love a good walk on
    Hooper is not a legend.

5. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    I worry how much of our squad we'll have left by the end of this window, could be almost like watching a new team next year.

6. Damo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson ( All Time Favourite ) Gary Hooper ( Current Favourite )
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing,
    +1

If he signs a new contract, stays for another few years, scores like he is doing currently and wins us another few titles, cups and scores a few in europe each year that would make him a legend....

He could do all that or he could just get my name tatto'd on his arm and show it to the camera every time he scores no matter what team he plays for.

7. OC

History and identity will be there regardless of where players are from, singling out certain nationality as important is stupid.

I hope this approach isn't being used in transfer dealings, it doesn't matter where players come from.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Don't hold back :smiley-laughing002:

9. Peadar45

:87:

How is it stupid to single out players that know all about the history and identity of the club and have lived it?

Methinks you haven't a clue what you are talking about

10. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Oh here, don't dare speak that kind of common sense mate - you'll face ridicule for that! I did. Gotta love silly season on TC, eh?

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    People reading too much into this 'we need Irish players' thing...
    Do people on here not know where he was this week?
    Just as we've announced we're playing Liverpool there in a couple of months...

So it's no coincidence taking into account all the above that we're being linked with any Irish players out of contract and slightly over the hill(we should be used to this it happens every year),I don't think we'll sign Doyle,dunne and definitely not given but you never know I suppose...

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    It doesn't matter one bit where player comes from. Some of the Irish 'lifelong Celtic fans' have come here to put their feet up and collect a pension, some of the Scots have done the same.

Guys like Larsson, Petrov, Mjalby, Balde, Sutton and Thompson from the Oneill era would've run through brick walls for the club. None of them were Celtic fans when they came to the club.

The whole 'I've always supported Celtic' shtick from some of the Scots/Irish lads is nauseating. The fans lap it up constantly though.

13. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Has doyle signed yet?

14. OC

That can only be a bonus, but I prefer players who are of right ability, age, price, position, potential and offer 100% every game.

I'm happy to see Scottish and Irish players whose dream it was to play for the club, but that shouldn't be taken into account when signing players. Ability first, and if they give their best because they're Tims then that's great, but not a priority.

I know it's pre-match thing, that much is obvious.

15. Peadar45

I agree completely

The last thing I want playing for Celtic are players that are all heart but bog standard

But I believe,as Lennie was saying,that if you get two players of similar ability and talent levels then it makes sense to choose the lad that understands completely what the club means to the fans as the player feels the same way

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    That is right and far too many have and have wanted to come when they are practically finished...
    But there is nothing better than seeing one of your own busting a gut and doing well for me anyway,a reason I love seeing youth given a chance watts,mcgeoughs who are tims and a big reason I think a lot want johnny Russell apart from the obvious snip of a price...

I think another thing is every player we are linked with from Ireland automatically is classed as a Celtic fan when in fact your keanes etc were epl fans I'm sure so that 'Celtic man' doesn't wash..
    Then you have you Damien duffs who is quality and didn't try a leg against us for Blackburn and was subbed,everyone who watched it will know and he has openly admitted being a Tim all his life there is a big difference for me

17. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    The thing is, being Irish or Scottish means the square root of * all in terms of what you'l give to the club.

Loads of people growing up here have done so following the Premiership, not Celtic or Scottish football.

In recent years who are the guys who have given the most for the club and how many of them are/were dyed in the wool Celtic fans?

18. Peadar45

And you don't think it helps to have a core of Celts at the club to influence and set an example for the others

19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    :50:

Good post.

I agree with most of it, although for me I take just as much satisfaction in seeing a foreign guy come over here and embrace the club. Someone coming in as a footballer and leaving a fan.

You're absolutely correct about every Irish player being classed as a Celtic fan by the media. I think the number that actually give a toss about us beyond having a very, very passing interest is small.

20. Damo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson ( All Time Favourite ) Gary Hooper ( Current Favourite )
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing,
    Only if they are at the peak of the career/has something to offer and are not run down and are only desperate to play for us when they no fine well they have * ability left at all to offer us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.