1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rogne turns down contract offer

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Daver, Feb 22, 2013.

Discuss Rogne turns down contract offer in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Larsson'snose

Don't think his injury problems will ever improve so I'd say punt him.. We can't afford to have a center back that spends more than half the season out injured.

2. Seosamh Máirtín

Spent half the season out of the team due to Neil, not injury problems.

3. joemc

lenny probably not happy he run down his contract after the club looking after him while he was constantly injured .

4. Jack Snakes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Modern day would have to be Henrik...
    If he doesn't want to stay, he doesn't have to. Cheers Tam.

5. joemc

bit of a stupid quote mate , no offence but no player will stay at a club they dont want to ,players hold all the cards , if on a big contract and they have been offered better elswhere they will make noices untill they get a move , contracts mean nothing and there is very little loyalty anymore.

6. Celtic_Mel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Dont think we should offer him another contract.

Last season i would have said yes, but now definitely not.

We have a fantastic squad and Lustig, Wanyama and Mulgrew can play at the back if needed.

We dont need Rogne anymore - he is back up and nothing else now.

Very good in the air, but far too slow and caught out too often both at Hibs and St Johnstone this week.

7. Shane1888

His best season was probably Lennon's first season (2010/11).

Not really done much since then, mainly because of injuries and the amount of competition for the CB positions.

8. die_hard_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields
    Shame. So young and full of potential but so many injuries. He also got wrong footed badly by Hasselbank for the goal last week.

9. oh bhoy

i thought it was the clubs policy not to allow players contracts to run out ,this should have been sorted out long before now if he wasnt gonna sign again get him sold rather than always letting people leave for nothing

10. The The Hand

I don't think he is running down his contract - it's more the other way around.

As far as I'm aware, we only offered him a short-term contract, and he wanted a normal-length contract - that was the source of the disagreement.

Looks like it's still not resolved...

11. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    No fussed if he goes tbh.

12. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I agree. Especially given his youth being still only 22 it would be good to see Rogne sign a new deal. But it is not looking good right now. I know he is not starting right now and righly so but things change very easily from season to season. Look at where Kelvin Wilson was last season compared to now.

13. Doire_Bhoy

Hard to see how he could be missed when he's made so little impact. I was very enthusiastic about him when he joined, but it seems that neither himself nor the club want him here any more so it's best just to part ways.

14. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It wouldn't be a bad thing for both parties if he leaves. Injury prone and behind Wilson, Ambrose and Mulgrew in the pecking order isn't a good combination. Shame really as I've always liked the guy

15. Jinky1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Anything by the Wolfetones
    I want Rogne to stay. If he left we would probably complain about needing another decent center half for cover especially if either Ambrose, Wilson or Mulgrew got injured or suffered a big loss in form.

16. RocknRolla67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All of Em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I have to say he hasn't fit in as well since Lenny moved to a more high line that is better suited for pacy CB's like Wilson and Ambrose. Plus our CB's get the ball down and play a bit, something Rogne has never been capable of doing.

17. UncleHo

Always thought Rogne looked far better than he gets credit for. Our most composed CB, at such a young age too.

18. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    The boy is held together with * Sellotape if he did sign a contract more than likely he would spend most of it out injured,don't get me wrong he is a good player but can't seem to stay clear of knocks and strains

19. MartinR

Not a big deal at all

20. KevvyBhoy

I rate the guy - great in the air, solid enough in the tackle, gives 100%, decent reader of the game and has showed maturity beyond his years as a central defender basically since he joined. He's probably pretty limited as a footballer, but he knows his limitations so isn't really one to * about and make stupid mistakes. Also never worry when I see him on the teamsheet which is probably saying a lot for our centre backs in recent years.

However, I think it might be the right time for him to leave. He's clearly behind Ambrose, Wilson, Mulgrew and even RB Lustig and DM Wanyama at centre back and this season we've seen the likes of Marcus Fraser playing games. For whatever reason (probably lack of pace) Lennon doesn't fancy playing him. His main problem though is that he's injury prone so I don't think we can rely on him as a long term solution at the back. Sometimes for whatever reasons moving clubs and getting regular games can remedy that so I'd let him leave for the sake of his career more than anything else. We have enough at CB for now and he's pretty far down the pecking order so it's not like we'd need to worry about bringing in a quick replacement.