1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Forster or Boruc, who is/was better?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Scarecrow, Feb 20, 2013.

Discuss Forster or Boruc, who is/was better? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. GMS

At his peak Boruc was in the top 3-5 keepers in the world, Forster can get there though.

2. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Boruc was one of my favorite Celtic players during Strachans time in charge. We got some great performances from Boruc and I think much of his peak career years. But for me Forster is the better all round keeper. Especially given how young he is he still has time to improve which is scray good considering the levels he has been at so far for Celtic.

3. CelticFC1967

Put it this way, we can all list high-profile errors made by Boruc that we can all remember. Can we do the same for Forster? Not really, he doesn't tend to make many. Boruc was clever, he was brilliant for about 2 seasons and then showed a distinct lack of professionalism, relying on his personality and antics to paper over the cracks in the views of the fans. Not that I didn't enjoy him. Forster is more consistent and is a better goalkeeper.

4. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Fraser Forster

5. The The Hand

At his best, Artur was one of the best keepers on the face of the planet.

But he was only at his best occasionally.

Fraser is consistently excellent, and that's why he concedes about 7 goals for every 10 Artur conceded.

6. Doire_Bhoy

Yep. :50:

7. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    In his prime, around 2006-07, Boruc probably had better athletic ability, but for consistency I'd go with big Fig Fraser every time.

8. TimMalloyBhoy

Forster didn't play behind one of the worst defenses we have ever had. Big difference that you should take into consideration with your stats mate.

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    The defence with Daniel Majstorivic and a bombscare Loovens was honking. I'd have had Caldwell and McManus ahead anyday.

10. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Forster also wasn't at his best behind them though. He came really good last season. Been excellent consistently coming up for about a year and a half soon. Hate the fact such a lot of members seem to kid on he's been excellent since his first season - everyone knew then the clean sheet record masked his massive weaknesses but it's conveniently forgotten about in retrospect. He's absolutely top notch now, but I voted Boruc as yet. Forster will edge him out in no time if he keeps it up though.

11. TimMalloyBhoy

Utter bollocks! Caldwell was as bad as Loovens. Majstorivic was better. Naylor as well?

And when was the last time Loovens and Majstorvic played for us? I must have missed them on Tuesday.

12. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Mick and Caldwell over both Loovens and Maj any day of the week for me, personally.

13. Artur Boruc #1

Spot on man.

Great that we can compare two terrific 'keepers after years of watching utter dross like Douglas, Hedman, Brown and Zaluska. And for the older members the likes of Gordon Marshall, who I am assured is right up there with the worst of all time.

14. Markybhoy

It grates on my nerves that some Celtic fans seem much keener to remember the one bad season Artur Boruc had at Celtic than they do to remember the 2 world class ones he had. It's the typical Scottish mentality, focus on the negative and forget about the positive. :87:

Let's just put to bed a couple of absolute myths about Artur Boruc's time at Celtic:

1. Boruc was inconsistent

Between 2005-2008 you could count on your fingers the number of bad games Boruc had for Celtic and you would still have had fingers to spare. Far from being inconsistent, Boruc was actually highly consistent.

In seasons 2006/2007 and 2007/2008, Boruc was nothing short of world class. He was without doubt one of the top 10 goalkeepers in the world at at point in time. In my view he was in the top 5, maybe even the top 3. He was that good!

2. Artur Boruc was * in his final season at Celtic

It gets on my nerves every time I see this lie trotted out, and I see it a lot.

Boruc was really poor in season 2008/2009. We all know that. In season 2009/2010 his form recovered but it never got back to the level it was from 2006 to 2008. This, apparently, has somehow led to people forming the opinion that Boruc was "*" in his final season at Celtic. He was not. Boruc's form in his final season was fine.

I understand people being * off with Boruc for getting lazy and not giving it 100%. But I feel that people are re-writing history here. Boruc, at his best, is the best goalkeeper this club has ever had. Forster still has a distance to go to reach the level Boruc reached at his peak.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
  15. ORIGINALS

There is no way caldwell was as bad as any of them, caldwell deserves a lot more credit than what he gets from the celtic fans.

16. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    :50:

I personally liked big Heid.

He was on to a losing battle from the start when he had to cover at right back for a good while.

17. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Heid got far more stick than he deserved.

18. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Gotta be Forster. It's not a popular opinion but I think Boruc's antics were a bit immature at times. Forster conducts himself in a more admirable way.

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Your football opinions are honking

20. TimMalloyBhoy

Like your bird!!:smiley-laughing002: