1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Sunderland, Swansea and Liverpool interested in Efe

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by mickcfc91, Feb 19, 2013.

Discuss Sunderland, Swansea and Liverpool interested in Efe in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I like the guy and think he's a good player but the Juve game is going to stick in peoples minds for a while. He shouldn't have been playing.

Don't know if he'd leave Celtic this soon but i hope not.

2. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

He is only 24.

This is his first season at the top level.

He has become a regular at Celtic, and with Nigeria.

He can play in three different decisions.

He is a terrific athlete, and has a lot of qualities as a footballer. Yes, there are deficiencies in his game but he has time to work on them and improve.

3. kingkenny

Lenny is correct "he's just in the door" far too early to pass judgement. He had a bad day at the office against Juve but it's what he learns from that which is most important. Those saying he's not worth this or that cast your memories back to when a certain Swedish striker was just in the door.

4. ArmchairGeorge Gold Member Gold Member

Efes a player i dont see us needing to sell
    hes not talking about using u as a stepping stone, not talking about moving, not arguing over Contracts..

Hes a great player, but hes not got the Potiental which Hooper/Kayal/Wanyama etc have, not like thats a bad thing because hes still a brilliant footballer!
    but i dont think hes going to go for silly money, so why sell a Key player for an average price!

5. Stuboy

Efe sometimes makes mistakes but how many defenders don't? Love the guy to pieces but everyone has a price...

I think he is one of the better centre half's we have had recently. Will certainly do for the SPL!

MON, Rodgers and any other EPL managers that are interested have scouts who know what they are looking for.

Efe has age and potential, a last 16 in CL under the belt, and the African Nations Cup. To many managers this is not going to look like a coincidence. Sell whilst the iron is hot, anymore than £5M+ this is a good bit of business. Love him but we have other players that we would find harder to replace price wise

6. The67Sound

He's a good player, would rather we kept him. The fact that he'll want to play in England, as he probably grew up watching premiership, and that he's only on a three year deal probably means he'll be off next summer if not this one. He could easily hold his own in the EPL I'd say (although his first touch can be pretty leaden at times and he seems to want a bit too much time to pick a pass, he's a good defender).
    I'd be sorry to see him go (especially for anything less than £5 million), but would like to see young Fraser get a chance sometime as well. Just my two cents.

7. Heb Celt

I remember a lot of people saying this about Wanyama at the start of the season.Ambrose defo has potential,once Johan has had a bit of time to sort out his rough edges he'll be fine.

8. mightymcginn

he was pretty dire in both games against spartak, emenike ragdolled and outpaced him and he just didn't know how to deal with it.

9. Cheese - Burger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larrssonnnnnn
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Said it over and over

Hes not a defender, hes a midfielder

Thought Lenny would know that since he was a midfeilder

10. fms06

3m ??? * that ! There's not one of our starting 11 is worth less than 5m ! Also this is EPL * that think than can buy of us for buttons.

He had a horrific time against Juve, however we have just got into the last 16 with him, he's also just won the African nations cup and he's only 24. Plus he's only arrived here and playing a different position.

6m minimum and your buying good potential !!

11. monthehoops1888

:50:

12. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    I wouldn't even consider a bid of £3M for Ambrose.

He has a lot of good attributes and the attitude to make it here.

13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    why the * would anyone consider selling for £3m? :smiley-laughing002:

Prob the same fans who are always complaining about the derogatory bids for our players that come from english clubs.

The guy is a young defender, playing in the CL for the first time, and has just been named in the African Nations team of the tournament.

* £3m.

14. SloBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Liverpool are ready to step up their scouting of Celtic midfielder Efe Ambrose after being impressed with his performances at the Africa Cup of Nations. (Metro)

:56:
    At least get your facts right, idiots.

15. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I would sell him for 5m or above. Decent player but nothing more

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I doubt we will see any actual bids come in for him so soon after him arriving here. Actually quite surprised that clubs are interested tbh. Decent player but has not been really outstanding in my opinion. I'd like to see him stay for a while longer, see if he can develop further. Still has alot of areas of his game to work on, don't really feel that his best position is centre half.

If any bids did come in though, and they were near 5m or over I'd accept. Don't think any club would bid that however.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
  17. baz1967

Think we should sell this guy in the summer if there is interest, far to many f-ups from him TBF. saying that he was one of our best players against barca in both games and played superb in his first game in the hoops against raith (CM) but still not sure about the dude.

18. monthehoops1888

I wouldnt sell him there is a good player there.....

19. sdickson

sell sell if good offer comes in he trys to be to clever and trying to beat men everytime and gets caught out,give him rest and then put him back in

20. Jungo

I would sell not a problem he's not that good