1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Oscar Pistorius Shoots Girlfriend Dead

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by therealfenian, Feb 14, 2013.

Discuss Oscar Pistorius Shoots Girlfriend Dead in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    But will Roux bring any of this up?

Yesterday Nel was making such a fuss over the fan and accusing Pistorius of lying because the position it was in doesn't match his description. So either they moved it or Pistorius is lying.

2. md1981

There's no doubt the police made a bit of an * of things. Apparently the toilet door was lying in a bodybag in an office for a month. I'm not sure Roux will make such a big deal of it. His cross examination lasted 9 minutes today. He's either thinking that he can't undo anything that Pistorius has said as Nel will seize on it or he's hoping his witnesses can create doubt.

The blood splatter on the floor and duvet prove that he carried her over them whilst the duvet was on the floor, otherwise there would be no blood on it. That's crucial to his evidence. Pistorius maintains that the duvet was on the bed and he thought she was hiding under it. He admitted that there were so many pictures of the crime scene he may have made a mistake.

The fan and the clippers are vital as he said he searched along the side of the bed for her in the dark. The clippers were sitting in their stand on the floor undisturbed. If he searched as frantically as he said, they would have been knocked over. Similarly, if he searched behind the curtains like he said, he would have tripped over the fans and the cables, he admitted he didn't trip/hit them.

He has made a complete * of his testimony by contradicting himself in relation to his bail affidavit.

3. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda

Have to say I agree with this

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Exactly.

5. Binnie_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough.
    If I woke up and heard noises in the bathroom and looked beside me to see my girlfriend wasn't there I'd probably not even shout. I'd just assume it was her and go back to sleep! :smiley-laughing002: South Africa is a bit different though!

6. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    This Oscar Pistorius trial, anyone following it

When Pistorious was being cross examined by Nel, he was more or less defending himself on that front. He kept telling the judge that he knew the scene was tampered when Nel was showing him the pictures of the jeans, fan and duvet. It's obvious the objects have been tampered with between photos. It really does cast all of the photographic evidence into doubt tbh.

7. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    That 9 minutes re-examination after a 5 day joust with Nel was madness. But I think Pistorious had enough and needed to be taken off the stand.

All of the states evidence is circumstantial, and realistically, could be all disproven in my opinion. If the fan, duvet etc. were moved, then who's to say anything else wasn't moved like the clippers. It's not certain that he would fall over the wires though.

Did you watch the questioning of the forensic geologist today? The sound of the cricket bat hitting the door sounded exactly like a gun which may discredit that it was Reeva's scream that his neighbours heard

The crux is, does the evidence provided by the state cast the judge into any doubt at all? There's no way that there is any concrete evidence in my opinion.

8. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    That's one of the most important things to understand

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Exactly.

2 people are in a room, a noise is heard which could potentially result in a life threatening situation for both of them, she dosen't speak or even move yet he's standing in the bedroom shouting and screaming, it just dosn't add up.

The first thing he would've done is tell her to go out the bedroom door and phone the police, this would remove her from the danger.

10. md1981

I did see the geologist guy. Madman that he was. Haha. His point regarding the cricket bat was correct. There is a video on youtube of a guy conducting a similar experiment. There is a slight sound variation but it would be hard to differentiate between the two without seeing them. Did you see Pistorius deny the magazine rack position but the geologist confirmed it to be in the position argued by the state?

I agree the state has no smoking gun (pardon the pun) but they have proved the Pistorius has tailored his story. Every legal commentator admits that the 5 days in the stand have been devastating for the defence and it's all due to Pistorius.

Their aim is to prove the doubt which to me there is. I think it was premeditated, his story is so unbelievable. He heard a noise and spoke in a low tone to Reeva so as to not alert the burglars, but then screamed at the intruders. They came up a ladder, he didnt check the window. He didnt hear the lock being turned but thought they were opening the door. He didnt shoot at the intruder but fired the gun at the location where they were percieved to be. He didnt have time to think but knew a warning shot would ricochet? Why take the leap from intruder to Reeva? Why not switch the lights on and check the house? Too many holes.

I think the defence knows there is doubt and having been hoping to get a culpable charge. It carries a fine or a prison term in SA. They will argue his disability makes the fine option more sensible. But Nel wouldnt be pushing for murder if he didnt think there was a chance. The guy had a 93% conviction rate in the Government task force. The judge is also good. Seems like she's being sympathetic but is ensuring the questions are answered clearly. She sentenced a rapist to 252 years, so she's no pushover.

I think the culpable charge is most likely. The shame is, Pistorius hasnt accepted resposibility for it once. It wasnt his fault he shot her is his mantra.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
  11. TuffGong

Fav Celtic Player:
    leslie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    big leslie sticks da ball in da netty
    He's such a liar, I wouldn't be surprised if he had legs all along.

12. Lennon2011

Halflete * will get away with it.

13. TuffGong

Fav Celtic Player:
    leslie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    big leslie sticks da ball in da netty
    Wonder what the reaction will be if he does get away with it.

OJ was found innocent by a jury of his peers and they (the honkys) been * with that * for the last 17 years.

14. emmetf

All of my kek

15. Woody

South Africa is different and I'm sure I read a journalist say the same thing. I get the impression that basic things like policing and forensic detectives aren't as ' professional ' as the ones we have here.

The cricket bat dents on the door are a give away for me, she's refused to come out the toilet, he's grabbed the bat an hit the door a few times and after her refusing to come out after having done that he's fired shots through the door.

He seems genuinely upset from what I've seen which makes me think - A) he believes his own lies or B) He's went totally insane.

Will be interesting to see if he pleads guilty to get a lesser sentence.

16. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    I agree, he has contradicted himself on a good few occasions.

On the night though, It would be difficult to act rationally if you are in the sort of state that you think your life is in danger. That's why it looks very suspicious and far fetched now. It may be that he is tailoring evidence as Nel has stated that his "story is improbable". But who knows?

I think the defence could have stopped the trial today on grounds of homicide if they wanted to? But they are risking the chance of murder to try and get him off scot-free.

Ive been watching it in the background while doing work and ive actually not picked up the significance of the mag rack. What is it all about?

17. md1981

I think it's to do with the fact he knew the position of the person behind the door. Pistorius said the magazine rack wasnt beside the toilet, instead against it was against the far wall. Nel says it was and thats why the bullet trajectory changed. He heard the noise when she hit it after the first shot. So it wasn't random firing, there was an element of aim in it. Pistorius says the police moved it. But there is blood splatter on it, the wall and the geologist said she had bruising from it so it must have been there. Even if it were an intruder it could prove he deliberately shot.

18. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

19. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Nope.

I believe he will be found guilty of their equivalent of 3rd or 2nd degree murder and get 15 years and be out in 5-10 to publish the book he will write in the nick while still trying to justify his actions when he gets out.

He will get a film made of it and make plenty for his nest egg while in the nick!

He is still quite young and will get over his incarceration and go on to financial success and marry some other babe and have many kids and be famous his whole life!!!

But that apart, i havent given it much thought!

20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    South African judge Thokozile Masipa will begin to deliver her verdict tomorrow morning.

How do we think it will go ?

Guilty on pre med, murder of manslaughter ?

Anyone think he'll walk (pardon the obvious pun lol ) ?