1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Islam Feruz

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Pearse, Jan 25, 2009.

Discuss Islam Feruz in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. fuctifano1888

I don't see the problem with the kid. Business is business. Did celtic rescue a random kid out of the good of their hearts? No they made an investment that they thought they would be if it from in the future.

2. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Is this kid Scottish?

Skickat från min LG-D802 via Tapatalk

3. Nasser

Celtic did help him and his family when no one else was going to. I doubt many clubs will do this sort of thing again, not after this. Modern football creates these players - they live in a bubble and bad attitudes is common with a lot of the youngsters coming through the ranks in England now. If he did stay at Celtic I bet he would have had more respect than he does now. He reminds me of Leon Knight and it would not surprise me if he ends up like him as well.

4. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    No not a surprise at all. Uses others and then turns his back when they do not seem useful to him.

5. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

I called it years ago he wouldn't want to play for Scotland at senior level, and in a way I'm actually chuffed I've been proved right.

Thing is, I barely even hold bitterness against the boy. This is what football does to youngsters. I knew a guy who played with Islam at youth level at Celtic, his attitude was * rotten from the very beginning.

6. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    I really hope he doesn't make it now. Little *. Will be a heated reception if he ever comes back here in a Chelsea or England Jersey. Horrible little *

7. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Nice touch, did they get that done for the commonwealth games
    & did the council pay for it as well as the new pathways

8. optimusmike777

he is not Scottish so why would he want to play for Scotland, you guys are idiots
    so what is he didn't want to play for Celtic, many kids don't, remember he wad a kid when he made that decision and he is still a kid.
    get over it!!!!

9. mightymcginn

Chesea wanted him to go out on loan this past January to a league one side, but he turned it down because he thought that level was beneath him. Utter *.

10. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    He is a talented young player, obviously his jumping ship for extra money hit a lot of Celtic fans hard, but that could be excused because he was a kid and we know he is not that mature, but as the article noted he can't play for England and I dont think he is too keen on playing for somalia, most likely some * at chelsea told him to focus on his club team only if he wanted to make it or there is something going on behind the scenes with some staff at the SFA

11. Pacific Ocean Blue

His attitude towards Celtic and turning his back on Scotland are a disgrace - Always happening

Idiot.

12. Dáibhí

You do know that he chose to play for Scotland, right? He's appeared for Scotland at under 17, under 19 & under 21 level.

13. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I heard he was in the Celtic Supporters Association a few weeks ago, might have been the last game of the season and * were going to batter him so he had to leave lol

14. Andy Thom 66

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikel Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is our land
    Rememeber the parts Agents play in all this. Badly advised. I bet that any loyalties to Celtic etc were not discussed by his agent. Just the bright lights of London and the megabucks on offer from Mr Abramovich.
    My only thought is the work Tommy Burns done for him and lack of respect shown back !!
    * everything else. Nothing else matters

15. Glasgow_Bhoy88

He's just a wee * that spits the dummy when someone better than him takes his place, first it was Watt and now it is Stevie May.

He clearly doesn't consider himself Scottish otherwise he wouldn't walk out on the team.

16. optimusmike777

his attitude? do you mean all the internet rumours or have you actually met the kid and spoke to him to gauge his "attitude"

I don't know much about Somali football but I am guessing the youth set up isn't exactly the best, I doubt they were even aware this kid existed.
    I am fairly certain at the time it was Scotland or nothing, now he actually has a choice

once again this is all hearsay again, nothing is confirmed that he is "turning his back on Scotland"

17. Heisenberg

Shut up

18. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    A choice between what? He can't play for any other nation now, he has represented Scotland at too many levels, too many times.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Shut up for * sake and stop, still talking *..

20. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    I know for a fact this lad will get released. Goto a team like Charlton. Get released. Then regress into oblivion. Another one who was going to do "this and that" and turns out to be utter *. He's just a poor mans john fleck ffs.