1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Artur Boruc #1

He looks well *, fitness wise.

Time may even well be ticking on his career which would be a real shame.

Needs to sort something out otherwise it may be his long term health he is taking a gamble with, and not just his football career.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He was fantastic last night though; one of the only players who could take the ball in for us and make a difference on the ball. He took a knock, went down and you could tell he wouldn't last much longer.

The full 'time on his career' talk isn't right though. The Club have stated several times he's in no danger of anything like that; he just needs a long rest. Which I think you'll see from christmas to end of January and then he'll be back in time for Last 16/Europa (here's hoping!)

3. Artur Boruc #1

Aye he did indeed play well last night, put in another great shift.

I hope you're right but the hip problem he's got sounds serious which is a real worry.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    It's one of those problems that all that is required is rest and no game time. Broony... well no way in * would Broony be missing the Champions League this season. He'll be wrapped in cotton wool as soon as we can afford to and it will do him the world of good.

It's worrying just now but that's the way it is, just now we need to do this properly though. No more allowing him away for international games and use very, very sparingly in the league. I don't want to see him on the weekend; he should be having a well deserved rest.

5. Artur Boruc #1

The first thing I would be telling him to do is to tell the national team to sling their hook - his injuries always seem to come right back to the fore when Scotland come calling.

Said similar to my mate last night in that he should be kept in cold storage for the big European games, and his role in our domestic games should be kept to a minimum as we've got plenty of cover, and it'll give young bhoys like McGeouch a good chance to develop.

6. Heisenberg

hope he doesn't become a Ledley King

Played awesome for the time he was on last night, looked so * when he came off but

mods should change the name of this thread to "the scott brown appreciation thread"

pure 100% effort

the guy would try play with a broken leg for celtic :50:

7. butch

I don't think we will have much of a problem from him, now that there is no hope of qualifying for RIO, and any other competition I am afraid he is peaked, and now is over the hill.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2012
  8. Heisenberg

no hope of qualify for what?

9. butch

RIO AND Euro 2016 :smiley-laughing002: he is over the top mate :smiley-laughing002:

10. Mr. Slippyfist

Aye ok :rolleyes:

11. butch

the only time our driving force of a captain, crossed the half way line, was when he got hooked. sorry to say.

12. Heisenberg

thought you were meaning the last 16 or europa league there lol

13. Jayzhinho67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing !
    How on earth can you not give the guy credit this season ? he has been playing out of his skin with a major niggling injury for ages.

His performance's have been second to none on more occasions than not.

14. Mr. Slippyfist

It's becoming tiresome now.

15. butch

until I here this from a professional source I.E BUPA or a medical Group I will not believe this degenerative injury, AND AS NO ONE HAS COME OUT AND SAID, he is risking his own health. And his and Celtic insurance company's are happy that he playS well my stance on it will not change,
    if the insurance company's are allowing him to play, well they aint much wrong with him. as if i know insurance they dont suffer fools when it comes to making claims, and that would also apply to the scottish teams insurance

16. idlewildered

yes Butch, it's all a Scott Brown conspiracy.......... sigh.

17. AD1967

Fav Celtic Song:
    love a good walk on
    to be honest, anything that we do is just preventing the inevitable. such a shame for the guy, his performances since lennon has taken over have been superb.

18. Mr. Slippyfist

So you wont believe he has a degenerative injury because someone from Bupa hasn't told you, yet you say that because no one has told you then he is risking his own health?

:56::56::56::56:

19. butch

well if they did say, he would not get insurance cover, therefor he would not be allowed to play as I believe this is in place,to cover daftys that don't think they are doing any harm to them selfs. All the daftys I know NORMALY get a JACKET made to measure, even they get told its for there own good.

20. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    butch you talk so much PISH, its getting VERY boring.