1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Hooper to Spurs?

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CheGuevara, Jan 25, 2013.

Discuss Hooper to Spurs? in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    *Refuses to admit my mistake*

The SPL is *, Hooper has proved nothing and has not yet played in the best league in the world and therefore what the world's best clubs from the world's best league want goes. The £9 will cover his flight with Ryanair. A small club like Celtic should be grateful that we're willing to cover that expense. :97:

:31:

2. The The Hand

That's admirably steadfast. You said 9 quid and you meant 9 quid. :smiley-laughing002:

3. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

It would have been easier to go back & edit the original post.:icon_mrgreen:

but wouldn't have been as good.

4. Jungo

Hooper I would take 10 million no problem but want him here for juve

5. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Would hate to try and deal with Spurs . Daniel Levy is meant to be the biggest * going ie transfer deals.

6. The Celtic Way

as everybody knows on here im one of hoopers biggest fan but this would be the one team were he would go with my blessing boyhood team and who could grudge anybody that if its true

7. Mr. Slippyfist

*Holy Pope makes unconscious tight-fisted Jew racist remark.............*

8. Deano-JVOH

It's his boyhood heroes, realistically if they come calling he will want to leave. It's a shame, as I feel Villas-Boas wouldn't know how to handle him. I'm still not convinced on his managerial skills. It definitely won't be during this window though, as stated by Lenny.

9. Shane1888

Think I'll just sleep all through deadline day, if I can. Dreading it.

10. jock1967

Twitter suggesting Spurs have lodged an £8 million bid, if this is true then we can say goodbye and I hope he would go with our blessing, he can be replaced for less (I feel) as much as I love him and don't want him to leave if he doesn't sign the contract we have no choice.

11. shaun.f

Seen that. talk sport talking * again.

12. LyleDavidson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson & Sutton - KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBG
    Well he if they want hooper he has met his match in lawell as he won't back down to levy

13. Raz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough!
    We would be holding out forever then.

£12M for a gamble on Hooper with 18 months on his contract? Not gonna happen! Hopefully I'll be eating my own words though.

14. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Is Hooper not * off at Spurs for the way they treated him as an underage player? i.e. 20 minutes of a trial match to win a youth contract after being there 7 years??

15. nfg3001

Read that during the week but I reckon, pardon the pun, that would just spur him on even more to prove that scout wrong.

Personally I would love to see him stay for another few years but Spurs are his childhood club so if they are truly in for him then we have an almighty fight on our hands to keep him

16. TrueTim67

Fav Celtic Player:
    None at present but idolised Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Is charles green the editor for talksport? What a load of bull! Thought he was on the verge of joining norwich according to that mob!

17. Bhoy Brian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    hes a london lad if they pay up hes gone

18. goodybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Just read this on a article questioning if he's good enough for the EPL and some celtic fan came on and shut them all the * up with this comment.

" I appreciate that the SPL as an overall package is sadly lacking but this constant over-hyping of the EPL is ridiculous. World class opposition in the EPL? The top teams are excellent and rightfully compete at the highest levels in Europe, but the bottom half of the EPL is average.

He’d be playing against Gary Caldwell FFS – captain of one of your teams and all-round terrible footballer. In fact there are around 20 players regularly playing for EPL teams who were playing in the SPL recently. That’s 2 full teams worth of players, so either they were ‘world class’ in Scotland or, more realistically, they were, and still are, average to decent.

Jelavic had a better goals to game ratio in the season he joined Everton than when he played in the SPL.

Caldwell, Maloney (couldn’t get a game at Celtic), McArthur, McCarthy, Davis, Whittaker, Boruc, Petrov, Ki (£6m signing for Swansea – couldn’t get a starting place at Celtic), Fletcher (£12m?!), Arteta, Edu, Dorrans, Naismith, Snodgrass, Fox, Cuellar, Adam (again, couldn’t get a game for Rangers –ends up at Liverpool?).

I know this is a complete rant and, to be fair, I didn’t hate your article but it’s just that my entire newsfeed consists of fans from the EPL talking about picking up players from Celtic on the cheap because they’ve not played in the mighty EPL. It gets tiring. Yesterday one Spurs fan said they would ‘risk’ taking Hooper on loan for a season –do I need to explain why that is ridiculous?

Hooper would undoubtedly score against Wigan, Aston Villa, QPR, Stoke, Norwich, Reading, Newcastle, Southampton etc.

Hardly frightening opponents. Certainly not world class.

The top 6 teams he would get to test himself but I’m confident he’d do well"

19. BigWilly.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Mcgrain, Boruc, Jinky, Lubo, Di Canio, Ki, Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Bhoys of the Old Brigade
    If we got 8 Million plus a loan deal for Defoe with his wages paid in full, I would be happy

20. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    8 million and he is gone :54:

Yesterday one Spurs fan said they would ‘risk’ taking Hooper on loan for a season –do I need to explain why that is ridiculous?

Dont know were to start with that pish