1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LoveTheTic88

So, 1 year on from the 'highly rated' Tom Rogic signed for Celtic and refused multiple other teams to come here.

Scottish Premiership: 11 apps, 4 starts, 0 goals 1 assist. 416 minutes of football played.

All competitions: 15 apps, 5 starts, 0 goals, 1 assist. 527 minutes of football played.

I'm 100% sure he now regrets not going to any of Reading, Fulham, Celta Vigo, Rayo Vallecano or Club Brugge, who were all linked with Tom before we signed him.

2. LoveTheTic88

"Celtic have secured the signing of Australian midfielder Tom Rogic for a fee of £450,000 from Central Coast Mariners on a four-and-a-half year deal."

3. Partickbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBIG/LET THE PEOPLE SING
    Aye....cheers...yet another spot on assessment by me.

Hope he gets some games either through loan or otherwise. ...frustrating seeing all these young lads wasting time at CP.

4. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Its the biggest problem at Celtic, so many kids not getting first team football when they need it. Celtic should be farming out alot of players. Developing a first team player without loaning them out at a key stage of their development is unlikely. There is always a stage in most players careers where they are better served going to another club for first team football to bridge the gap between the u20's/reserves/development squads & having an impact on the first team.

5. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

frustrating for them and frustrating for us fans who want to see these hot talented youngsters we supposedly have

take ryan gauld for example, seriously does anyone think he would come to us ?

if i was him i'd have serious doubts about leaving a club where im playing all the time to go and sit in the reserves at celtic and get little game time

things were supposed to improve on this front when the huns went bust and their tribute act were bannished to the 3rd division, well aint seen much of any fringe players in 2 years since they disapeared, what chance of seeing any promising fringe players when they come back into the spfl, well if they can stay afloat till then

6. Mike100

Anytime I've watched the training videos Celtic sometimes put up on their YouTube page I've thought Rogic has showed that he has a better first touch than a lot of the other players. I think the reason he's not getting game time is because he's still adapting to the pace of the Scottish game. When we signed him he had only been professional for a short amount of time and I think that has showed because when he has started he seems to tire after about twenty minutes. Hopefully he gets given an extended run of games in the second half of the season to get him up to speed and we get to see why the Australian's rate him so highly.

7. Damnati

Everyone here would * explode if we played our youngsters and lost.

See these games that we're playing * and winning 1-0, we would not be winning them at all if we weren't playing our experienced players.

Morton.

8. joe mcgee

Why would we explode? We will still win the league by a canter. Morton is different it was the cup! We can afford to lose a league game and tbh we most likely would still not lose! It's a shame seeing good young talented players being wasted because Lennon doesn't understand how to rotate a team.

9. joe mcgee

Lennon can pretend and talk up that every game is massive in the league but all (or most) fans know that there not big games anymore and we really couldn't care if we dropped a couple of points if it meant the younger lads get a chance

10. Celtic Symphony

Won't surprise me if he hands in a transfer request this week.

11. Damnati

People are * moaning after every game right now, and we're winning. Aye I'm sure Lennon wouldn't mind losing a few points, it's only his job/reputation that's on the line.

12. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Sounds like he could be off out on loan - The Hoops boss is more hopeful of keeping other stars such as keeper Fraser Forster, but the likes of Tom Rogic may be loaned out to get vital game time.

That is crucial for the Australian midfielder as he eyes a place at the World Cup with former club Central Coast Mariners watching the situation.

13. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

If we're going to loan him has to be to another scottish team or down south, he needs to get used to the game over here, get some game time and show what he's capable of so he has his spot in Australian team for the World Cup and hopefully for starting 11 next season for Celtic.

14. ulsterscot

Dempsey , list the young players whom Celtic have farmed out in the
    last ten years who have returned to Celtic and played well
    Consistently for a couple of years ?

15. walkon

wish to * he'd just give the guy a run of half a dozen games right bang in the middle (his proper position) and see how he goes, I'm pretty certain he would do very well, commons can shift to left a bit to accommodate. leagues a given and he's thinking of loaning out to a team that you have no guarantees that he will start or be played in his proper position. give him a blast the now if he does well he's bedded in for 4/5 months

16. Roskopicachu

What i would suggest is always trying to bring a new player into the fold. Recently it's been Pukki. He's had his chance, so another guy should get his chance rather than persevere with Pukki.

We score more goals when Pukki isn't in the team. That might change, but from what i've seen, i'd rather stick Rogic further up the pitch than watch Pukki struggle.

17. Roskopicachu

At the same time, it might be that he links up well with Pukki.

18. ynwa1987

Part of the problem is that commons is our best midfielder at the minute by a mile and I think that to play both of then at the same time we would have up play one of them on the wing.

Rogic probably and he wouldn't be that great there.

He should be getting more game time though.

Along with Mcgeough and attajic

19. PeteStoi

Will come to Australia and play for Melbourne Victory for the rest of the season. Will have at least 15-20 games in the league + Asian champs league to get some much needed game time.

20. Jukes

I am happy with this latest development. A lot of A-league fans are just excited to have Tommy back playing in the league. Melbourne Victory is without the biggest club in Australia and have a reputation for developing players and resurrecting stalled careers. Tommy is still young and still learning. I have no doubt after playing the rest of the A-league season, possibly playing Asian Champions League and then playing in the world cup, that he returns to Celtic a more complete player. This is win win for everyone involved and a great outcome for Tommy and his world cup dreams.