1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. UncleHo

One thing though, he seems to really enjoy playing football. Which is nice to see. He also clearly has the confidence as well.

Really lookiing forward to seeing more of him.

2. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah Kayal was the real leader today. Even after he talked to Rogic before Commons blazed a FK, there were a couple of moments during play where Kayal was pointing and talking him through the game.

But you're right he did listen and stayed pretty disciplined. :50:

3. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I dont think he's quick, I just think he has a quick 5 yard burst in him.

4. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Positive start, more to come from him once he gets up to speed. Great potential.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Looks to be twice the player than our last no.18 already.........

6. pokerbhoy74

This one gets into the box at least :50:

7. Doire_Bhoy

Great debut.

8. Shane1888

Very well spoken in his post match interview too.

9. Doire_Bhoy

Is his name pronounced "Rodge-ick" or "Rogg-itch"?

I would have said the latter (it's a Slavic name), but everyone else consistently says the former.

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Has plenty to learn but an excellent start. 1 game, 1 assist.

Has lovely technique and doesn't mind mixing it. When he has adapted fully to our style and also the usual style of our opponents he will be an asset.

11. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye I've been informed that its the later, just go and type rogic pronunciation into google and listen for yourself, Serbian name.

12. Doire_Bhoy

Indeed. That's what I thought. Seems that Rogic will be lumbered with a commentator-led incorrect pronunciation of his name - a long tradition.

For example, it's "Rong-neh" - not "Rogg-ni" or "Ron-yi" or "Ron-yeh", "Woo-kash Za-woosh-ka" not "Loo-kash Zhalushka" and it was "Bo-roots" not "Bo-rutch".

Ah well.

13. Verrix

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA & Fields
    It's definitely the latter :50: -ic is the equivalent our of Mc/Mac/O'- also

14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Looked decent enough I thought, bit slow off the mark though will need to up his fitness and mobility a good bit to match Kayal, Ledley, Brown and Wanyama.

15. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Very good start for the lad :50:

16. Doire_Bhoy

Indeed it is. :50:

I know how to pronounce Serbian names but some Australian Serbs pronounce their surnames in English as they are spelled (i.e., "Rogg-ick" - not "Rodge-ick"!), that's why I asked.

17. SloBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Not worried about his fitness for the time being, it will come, he's obviously not match fit.

And as long as we have the type of players you mentioned in the team, then Rogic's responsibilites won't involve too much mobility.

18. Stobes1888

Watched the game at a pub, in Australia, with a group of people. Some were Celtic supporters, some weren't. But everyone was delighted to see Rogic get a start for Celtic and he made the most of it. One goal and an assist for the u21's, one assist for the senior team. Things are only going to get better from here on in. Great stuff, big Tam!

19. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    They play for CFC just to reach the EPL. No love for CFC as deluded fans think
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Singing against English repression in English. Hahahaha, always a good laugh
    Correct. In Polish, Ł is pronounced like "w" and he is "Woo-kash Za-woosh-ka" indeed.

Most Serbian surnames have the surname suffix -ić (-ић) ([itɕ]). This can sometimes further be transcribed as -ic, but in history, [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbs"]Serbs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] names have often been transcribed with a phonetic ending, -ich or -itch, and;
    In Hungary, it is -ity -ics -its
    in FYROM, it is -ikj (iḱ, иќ)
    In Romania, it is -ici

The -ić suffix is a Slavic diminutive, originally functioning to create patronymics. Thus the surname [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrovi%C4%87"]Petrović - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] means the little son of Petar (Petrić signifies the little son of Petra, the widow).
    Most Serbian surnames are paternal (father), maternal (mother), occupational, or derived from personal traits.
    Other common surname suffixes are -ov, -ev, -in and -ski which is the Slavic [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genitive_case"]Genitive case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] suffix, thus Nikola's son becomes Nikolin, Petar's son Petrov, and Jovan's son Jovanov. The two suffixes are often combined, most commonly as -ović. Other, less common suffices are -alj/olj/elj, -ija, -ica, -ar/ac/an, .
    When marrying, the woman most often adopts her husband's family name, though she can also keep both of her last names or not change her last name at all.
    Serbian surnames which ends with -ov or -ev are mostly names Serbs from Vojvodina or in Eastern Serbia. Vojvodina used to be part of

Austria-Hungary and they made Serbs to erase ić from their surnames and in Eastern Serbia which used to be occupied by Bulgarians in WW1 and WW2 , they made them to short surnames because of Bulgarization. My school friend's husband's granddad had to that in WW1.

Tom Rogić (Том Рогић)is pronounced like Rogich,and G should be pronounced like G in Gabriel, not like G in Gerrard. ;)

And, yes, I am freaking out when I am listening English speaking commentatros while they are pronouncing Slavic names: Serbian, Croatian, Czech, Russian... end especially Polish. :56:

20. willsad83

Mind blown:56::50: