1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Who would you like us drawn against?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by GodBlessJinky, Dec 6, 2012.

Discuss Who would you like us drawn against? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Give me Schalke or Malaga and we can make another suprise !

2. Bonobhoy

tough one tbh....Malaga and schalke are best way through(so i hear) but ive been watching malaga on CL,they are great team ,one of the surprises to me..

Anyways i wouldve said schalke,but now they have sacked there manager,how many times have we seen a team do better with new manger in?The team will prob be so different to what we expect.......

JUventus for me...i think we would beat them at home with a couple maybe 3-1 and get a 1-0 defeat over there.....

But the way this group is panning out we will get Man utd again :( boring.

bayern - dortmund final i think

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Juventus are one to avoid mate. They play to a very high quality and have an excellent team ethic.

4. Shane1888

Sorry, but there is next to no chance of us scoring 3 into them, even at home, unless it was three penalties.

I think a lot of people underrate Juventus nowadays because they were relegated for match fixing a few years ago and lost a lot of their best players as a result of that, but they have long since recovered and regained their status as one of Europe's top sides. They are a match for anyone in the competition and could possibly go on to win it.

If we did draw them, I'd be happy to do what we did against Barcelona (obviously to a slightly lesser extent) and just defend against them, hitting them on the break through the likes of Samaras when we can. A sneaky 1-0 victory at home and then somehow getting a draw in Turin would be absolutely massive for us and a phenomenal achievement.

5. Celtic_Mel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Can anyone remember the dates which the away leg is to be played on?

I know we play at home first in February.

The away leg will be played one of two weeks in March, can anyone remember what weeks they are?

6. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    I would really like to avoid bayern or juventus and would be thankful for schalke or malaga

7. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    After thinking about this for a few days I have come down with Malaga. Excellent team and playing very well obviously. But they are very much a warm weather team and well maybe they might not fancy a trip to Glasgow in February.

8. GodBlessJinky

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I know the chances of it happening are very low but it would be fate if we made it to the final as its on 25th of May (we won the european cup on this date) and its also 10 years on from Seville. Also 25th of May is my bday :) and Wembley would also be ridiculously convenient lol

9. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

Unfortunetly i dont think we will beat any of the teams left in the compition so i would rather we play one of the big boys and show them what real fans are.

Would have loved Real but they had to go and fin second didnt they.

10. Beatts1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, Maloney, McGeady and Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone
    We are more likely to get Malaga than any other team because there are 2 other Spanish teams in the unseeded group (Valencia and Real Madrid). 1 in 5 chance of getting them.

11. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    We'll just have to beat Real in the Quarters. :50:

12. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I voted for Juve so we can give them another beating at Paradise 4-3 esque.
    Though for our chances of qualifying for the quarters i really think our best chances lie in this order:
    Malaga
    Shalke
    PSG
    Man U

Any others and i can see us putting up a * of a fight but ultimately these teams have too much quality.

13. Celticbhoy17

Shalcke just sacked their coach and are performing terribly domestically, Malaga or them for me please

14. pod

Not sure why Malaga are so high on peoples wanted list. They are fourth in La Liga and have only conceded 10 goals in 16 games. They have also pumped Valencia 4-0 and recently won away in Sevilla 2-0.

They may not be a big name as such, but they are clearly a good side just now.

15. Dallas Cowbhoys

It's down to their inexperience, the fact that they might lose Isco etc in January, and the fact that all the other teams will also be very, very hard games.

16. limerickmick

60,000 for the CL & sevco games and 15,000 for Arbroath!

Real fans are there week in week out

17. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    I do not want Bayern or Dortmund. Juve or Schalke for me please. It will be a close game no matter who we are playing, but we showed when playing Barca on the right occasion we can beat anyone

18. GodBlessJinky

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Totally agree we are best fans in the world when we choose to be.

19. Heisenberg

sorry but do "real fans" in ireland have money to travel over week in week out? clearly not. Doesn't make them any less fans than yourself or me. You're also not taking into account work duties. What about folk that work every weekend? Your post is quite frankly bullshit.

20. GodBlessJinky

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    People in Ireland are quite clearly excused from this. Im from Glasgow and I am surrounded by armchair fans who live down the road from the stadium who dont work weekends and say stuff like "im no going tae see f*cking st mirren" yet they will miss work on a thursday morning to attend our more glamorous matches the night before and get so * they cany remember the match and coulda spent tht excessive amounts of drink money on a wkend ticket aswell. Well I say you're no going to see st mirren you're going to see the Celtic that should be good enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.