1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Wembley. Whats yous think

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by leeso-ardoyne, Dec 6, 2012.

Discuss Wembley. Whats yous think in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Smileyy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Obviously would love to get to the final and win it and its possible imo but i think we'll get to the quarters.

I couldnt take the nerves tonight i dont know how i would handle them if we were in the final :smiley-laughing002:

2. leeso-ardoyne

Bit disapointed at the doubters in here. Did 1967 not tell yous anything. Now really my thinking of getting to wembley is more wishful thinking but i also believe that on the night "ANYTHING" can happen. Weve seen it with other teams throughout the years and i believe that if we get a result at parkhead in our games then we can go away and shut up shop and try and sneak a goal or 2. Its very acheivable.

It prob wont happen but let us enjoy this moment for now because its what sport is all about IMO and sometimes the under dog just comes and suprises everyone.

3. leeso-ardoyne

Could yous imagine it thou. Just getting through all these rounds and into teh final where anything can happen and IMO, theres no better place in europe that id want us to win that trophy. Right in the heart of english football. You think seville was powerfull. London would be at a standstill if we get there

4. JC-X

People on here said we wouldn't even qualify for the play-offs this year, then when we did that we woudn't make the group stage, then when we qualified that we wouldn't pick up a point, then when we picked up a point that we wouldn't win, then when we won that we wouldn't beat Barcelona, then when we beat Barcelona that we wouldn't make the last 16... I'm not saying it's probable that we'll get through the round of 16, not even likely, but to dismiss our chances of making the final completely is ridiculous. It might be a ridiculously small chance but if we're set on getting put out in the next round we may as well not turn up. :celt_2:

5. Hadouken

I'd miss my exams for a chance at the final.

6. Markybhoy

Dismissing our chances of reaching the final is no more ridiculous than saying we're going to make it to the final.

Let's just enjoy the moment and see who we draw in the last 16.

7. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    x2

Already missed exams for Celtic this season so * it :56:

I thought at the start of the year we would get to the quarters then KO'd but why not go all the way? We have a better team spirit and a better home record and fans than Chelsea who won last year, and no-one could have seen them doing it.

8. Cheese - Burger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larrssonnnnnn
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    WOW Just think!

9. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    The rational side of me says, 'out in the next round', but the side of me who saw Apoel Nicosia reach the quarters last year and Schalke make the semis the year before says 'if we get a good draw, get it right tactically, and play to our strengths, who's to say we can't get to the quarters'?
    If we did make the last 8, it'd be undoubtedly our best European achievement since Seville. Would maybe even eclipse Seville, given the difference in our circumstances/Scottish football in general compared to 2003.

10. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'm enjoying the ride, but even though I'm an optomistic person, believing we will get to the final is a step too far. If we get a good draw we could maybe get to the quarters, but there is so much quality in the CL that we will be massive underdogs.

Just enjoy it while we can!

11. JC-X

It would be magical. 80,000 in Seville, how many would be in London? Double that? I'm taking it a game at a time but dreaming never hurt anyone. :celt_2:

12. fuctifano1888

I'll tell ye what I voted getting knocked out in next round. but I will * swim my way across the Atlantic and up the * Thames if we do.

13. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Really need to improve in defence to get through the next round, imo, because I think the most likely circumstance under which we could get through is on away goals. That being the case, we'd probably have to keep a clean sheet at home; either that, or score a shed load away from home.
    Anything's possible, but I think if we're serious about making the last 8, adding a defender and a playmaker should be the order of the day in January. On the other hand, given that we've been in the doldrums for a while, reaching the last 16 is a great achievement in itself. The board might decide to hold onto their money for now, and have a more serious crack at the later stages in coming years.

14. BigWilly.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Mcgrain, Boruc, Jinky, Lubo, Di Canio, Ki, Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Bhoys of the Old Brigade
    if we made it into the last 8 their would be a shortage of noose making material at Ibrox

15. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Not a prayer. Not unless someone invents a time machine and we resign all the lisbon lions + Larsson + Dalglish.

16. pod

I'll happily dontate towards any shortfall there is.

17. GBTP

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown, James Forrest and Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE, BOTOB, Celtic Symphony
    I don't think we will, but imagine if we did? London would be * mayhem! We would take hundreds of thousands easily. Goosebumps thinking about it!

18. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Just for fun, I wonder if we could think of a team that COULD win it by combining the best players of the O' Neil, Strachan and Lennon eras (in other words the best of all our CL teams)...I think we could and playing some brilliant attacking football too:

Boruc

Matthews Mjallby Balde (Izaguirre X) Mulgrew

Wanyama

Petrov Nakamura

Moravcik

Sutton Larsson

Controversially I went with Wanyama ahead of Lennon for defensive midfielder and have gone for pace at FB as our best CBs of the last 12 years weren't that quick. Lennon on for Moravcik if we need to defend a lead.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
  19. sdickson

london town is calling cmon we are the hoops 500k to 1m easy the green legions are calling

20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Id pick

Forster
    Agathe Balde Mjallby Mulgrew
    Lambert
    Petrov Wanyama
    Moravcik
    Sutton Larsson

Mulgrew's got to be in there, imagine his delivery when having Balde, Mjallby, Wanyama, Sutton and Larsson in the box :icon_mrgreen: