1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Belfast City Hall Protests: Anger Over Vote

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by CFC_67_88, Dec 3, 2012.

Discuss Belfast City Hall Protests: Anger Over Vote in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Cathairbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No, I find it heartwarming to see that the fine Catholic education system is evidently taking it's toll. Just look at the well thought out, reasoned and articulate responses of Gerry Kelly to those neanderthals opposite him.

2. Lord Gaga

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    I have to say that David Ford came across very well also. Was interesting when the east Belfast community worker guy said he thought the alliance party had signed their own death warrant because I honestly believe they've done the opposite.

3. Cathairbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I think the most moderate of voters will be more inclined to vote Alliance thanks to their decision, and if anything these riots may have pushed slightly conservative voters closer to the middle also.

4. Doire_Bhoy

I agree. East Belfast community workers don't vote for Alliance anyway.

Alliance's stance and the DUP-UUP rabble-rousing directed at them will likely galvanise many self-consciously liberal and self-consciously middle-class unionists, who were after all Alliance's original voter base decades ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
  5. liam123cfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Haha cracker

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pcUIGwU6f4"]Loyalist makes no sense in his Flag argument - YouTube[/ame]

6. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Absolutely pointless race of yokes.

7. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
  8. therealfenian

Fav Celtic Player:
    N/A
    Fav Celtic Song:
    N/A
  9. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    :56:

This sentence cracked me up. :50:

10. TuffGong

Fav Celtic Player:
    leslie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    big leslie sticks da ball in da netty
    Are they still rioting? Also that youtube video, you can see his one wee brain cell straining trying to answer the questions. I was half expecting him to say "because we are the people"

11. Miles Platting Irish Mancunian Gold Member

Manchester Town Hall on 17th March :celt_2:

[​IMG]

12. tinyheadbhoy

Just watched the Nolan show there, what percentage of the audience were loyalist?! Speak about having an even debate!
    The most annoying thing there is that people keep trying to blame the partys who voted for the flag to be flown on certain days(same as everywhere else in UK) for people throwing petrol bombs and bricks! It's ridiculous!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
  13. Belfast-hoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Just also watched the Nolan show on catch up and to be honest, was not expecting any less or any more. What is remarkable is how a 30 minute TV show could stand to further the Nationalist cause more than 30 years of armed struggle did.

The latest statement coming from the many named consortium of the representation of the rights of the pradissent community amalgamation of unionist concerns over takin our fleg down is that...

Those who have been orchestrating and carrying out the riots and violence over the past few weeks have made an appeal to those who have been orchestrating and carrying out the violence over the past few weeks to please stapp it now as it serving the pradissents no purpose at all.

Confused?? Catch the next episode of Norn Irons new soap "Bellenders" for an update.

14. therealfenian

Fav Celtic Player:
    N/A
    Fav Celtic Song:
    N/A
    They just made themselves look like the bunch of jokers they are - interrupting, coming out with stupid statements and the way they looked may be want to puke.

Anyone see that woman (man in disguise) with the 6 chins?

15. Pearse67*

Remember speakin to an ex prisoner after the good friday agreement when the prisoners were being released from both sides, i asked him was he happy, his response was "yes i am, look at our ones being released, educated, degrees in hand, well dressed and well spoken, now look at theyre ones, covered in tattoos, muscle bound, uneducated". Very true when you look at it, Ireland is changing and theyre terrified. Our people turned to education whilst they had the shipyards, mackies, bombardier, civil service, you simply had to be born a protestant to be guaranteed a job, not anymore though and when you see these idiots rambling incoherantly it just makes me laugh.:shamrock:

16. Celtic abu

All this has done more for the Republican cause than it has for their so called cause. We just have to sit back and let it play out tbh unless they keep on attacking Catholics. I wonder how much the UVF was paid to stop the rioting?

17. monthehoops1888

18. Celtic Serbia

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogić
    don't the loyalists bleat about democratic rights e.t.c only if it is exclusive to them? yet are intolerant of the Irish nationalist population having democratic rights?

19. Clondara Dave

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Coronation cup song
    Democracy as long as it keeps the Taigs down is the Unionist way.

Also with regards to the Nolan show, I watched about 5 minutes and jeff donaldson was the stereotypical unionist, if anyone said anything he didnt agree with he just shouted louder and louder until someone listened. Put me in mind of the auld coffin dodger ian paisley :31:

20. therealfenian

Fav Celtic Player:
    N/A
    Fav Celtic Song:
    N/A
    He was pointing his finger throughout at those who disagreed with him. Superiority complex.