1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Victor Wanyama

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by KevMan, Nov 2, 2012.

Discuss Victor Wanyama in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Nobody is denying Lambert is a decent player but is he as good as Hooper, no hes just not.

Hooper if you had ever seen him has a very good allround game. In 3 seasons for us he has made 33 assists as well as scored 82 goals.

If we are playing Barcelona or any big team we are definetly playing Hooper before Lambert as he offers better movement, more pace and can shut down and drop deeper to link-play better.

2. vinny25

I thought this thread was about Wanyama? Getting back to that - his agent is really starting to * me off! Shut it man!

3. Bangarangura

hooper is better playing just off a striker ahead of him and his all round game is the best from any celtic striker in recent years, no doubt about it

4. GavCFC1

Typical English supporter arrogance

5. Sonny7

BOOOOM!! So there's yer dinner:56:

(well said:50:)

6. Larsson93

This is such a tedious thread. For every 30 pages of crap their is one useful bit of information. So I might as well contribute with some bullshite as well :icon_mrgreen:

For the record my Celtic/Southampton team would be:

Forster
    Lustig - Wilson - Mulgrew - Shaw
    Wanyama - Schneiderlin
    Commons - Ramirez - Sameras
    Hooper

Our squad is probably better overall as well..

Some absolute * on that Southampton payroll. The likes of Hooiveld, Chaplow, De Ridder, Barnard, Jonathan Forte, do Prado, Lee, Mayuka, Hammond.
    Some of those guys would struggle to get games for some SPL teams.

7. GavCFC1

This has been the best thing posted in this thread

8. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Shaw has good potential for how young he is. Hes decent on the ball, hardworking and enthusiastic but would you really play him before Izaguirre? he's quite weak and doesnt have much pace. Think of the Barcelona game when Barca moved Messi to the left because they couldnt get past Matthews and it failed as Messi couldnt either, Shaw would have got slaughtered.

9. Artur Boruc #1

Can't be * reading through this many pages but need to know has there been a #CelticSouthamptonFamily been established yet?

10. GavCFC1

:56::56:

11. Larsson93

Izaguirre on his day, right now, is far better than Shaw imo. (for example Barca) But the problem is this good days are getting rarer and rarer. Shaw is very consistant for a 17 year old.

12. jock1967

I live in England and watch of alot of English football thought Saints under the new manager played some decent stuff and were worthy of staying in the EPL. Seems they are looking to improve the side and are perhaps hoping to finish in the top 1/2 of the table next season.

To me Celtic are already a team that would be in the top half of the table, pushing the likes of Liverpool/Everton for Europe League places. I have not seen a single player in the Southampton team that I would rate good enough to play for Celtic and the pure arrogance towards the SPL of the people who follow teams in England is just shocking.

Victor Wanyama is our best player and he is also a very young player, reading the Saints forums to find that they are concerned about this signing is nothing short of ridiculous. £12 million would be an absolute bargain, he has his faults but he is learning, in the big games against European opposition he was faultless.

Personally I would be very disappointed if he felt his best career move was to go to Southampton and by the sounds of it the fans don't deserve him at their club. Witholding injusry hampering his career in 2/3 years he will definitely be playing for one of Europe's top clubs, if he was playing in England, Spain or Germany his current value would be £20 million minimum.

13. Ted Bates

If you think Shaw is "quite weak and doesn't have much pace" then I think you haven't seen him play a single game!

For example watch him destroy Azpilicueta for pace (whilst with the ball) to set up Puncheon's equaliser at Stamford Bridge around 3 minutes into this video...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFsFqEy5RAs"]Luke Shaw vs Chelsea 12-13 HD 16.01.2013 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZjf--cOrV8"]Future Star Football | # 20 Luke Shaw - YouTube[/ame]

He is a regular starter in a Premier League, and still only 17 years old.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Shaw's going to be a star. Right now Izzy's better but, if Shaw progresses though he won't be.

15. entersalmon

Like many others I'm sure I am not remotely interested in reading about Southampton. Nothing against them but there are sections on the forum to discuss them. This should ideally just be about Victor and the latest on his likely move away.

16. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Izaguirre is a class act and even though he hasn't yet re discovered his best form after that horrific injury, I would have him in my team over Luke Shaw.

Shaw will be a very good full back and is a good player now but Izaguirre has it all in my opinion and if he hadn't been injured that day at Aberdeen I doubt he'd be playing for Celtic right now.

I just hope the English media and fans don't over hype Shaw too much and put unnecessary pressure on the boy. One thing I admire about some English players is their mental strength. How the * Wayne Rooney, David Beckham and Steven Gerrard have gone on to have successful careers after all the unwarranted hype they got is beyond me.

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

Looking unlikely at this point :56:

18. Bangarangura

couldnt agree more, it really gripes me when things go off topic so much

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Got to love that it's Artur Boruc asking this :icon_mrgreen:

20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Just read his agents statement what an absolute * snivelling weasel,there should be a mass cull of agents :31:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.