1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Youtube

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Al Bootyerbaws, Oct 31, 2012.

Discuss Youtube in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Al Bootyerbaws

Used to be a good site until it was taken over by google now its full of adverts. You need to wait 5 seconds on most videos til the advert finishes (sometimes longer) then you still have to wait on it buffering. When you have a laptop as slow as mine this will do yer * in.

Then theres the comments bit. Sometimes the top comment that has the most thumbs up can be amusing but mostly they are just silly wee arseholes arguing with each other over the most trivial pish. Click any Celtic v Oldco video for an example of this.

The main thing that annoys me is pointless * like this -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzPcixsTjUI"]Celtic vs St Johnstone - Scottish League Cup 2012 - Celtic TV - YouTube[/ame]

I`ve came in from work wantin to see the Celtic goals and instead you get that pish and it happens all the time. Do they think people will click on that and then actually go to their * site?

Rant over, I`m away for a smoke and a lie doon. :31:

2. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    I've noticed for a while now about YouTube video's showing more and more adverts before the main subject you're wanting to view. The majority of the time the adverts can be skipped after 5 seconds but other times you have to bide your time and watch the advert.

It's all to do with money as well and the more times that YouTube show the adverts before the clip, then the more money they will get from the advertisers. That's why there are so much adverts on American TV and it annoys the * out of me as well. It's not enough that banner ad's come up on the pages or adverts are displayed on but now they have to have adverts before the clips!

3. Al Bootyerbaws

I can`t watch the telly when I`m ever in America, the adverts annoy the life out of me. Even the sports have time outs every 5 mins and you`ve to sit through more of the * things.

Also when in America, I dont understand why they would show programmes like The Sopranos at about 10 in the morning but just dub out the swearing to something less offensive. It was weird watchin big Tony Soprano shoutin out "Tell that friggin douchebag to go frig himself!" :smiley-laughing002:

4. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Adblocker is your friend :icon_mrgreen:

5. Al Bootyerbaws

I will download this. :50:

6. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Adblock Plus mate, it's a wonder. I never get any adverts on any website, makes me laugh when i'm in uni or somewhere they still have to sit through 30 seconds of * :56:
    That is so like last year!

7. Armagh-Bhoy

I have never head of this Adblock before, by * this could be great

8. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    One of the best pieces of software I've ever came across. I had no idea just how bad Youtube was for ads until I recently watched a video in work. The amount of ads on Youtube is quite disgusting now. * like IJustine, Fred and Ray William Johnstone putting up their * videos and putting on as many ads as they can...:47:

9. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    I know EXACTLY what you're on about, bud, as I've complained about the amount of adverts in a few threads I think now :52: Hard to get into the movies because of the adverts AND they butcher them. Baseball has a break at the end of every innings AND when they change pitcher. Ice hockey has scheduled breaks as well and the game actually STOPS just so they can go to adverts. You get about 4 or 5 breaks within in a half hour show.

Pity we couldn't download Adblocker for the TV :smiley-laughing002:

I was watching a film a couple of weeks ago, and it was really late at night so you'd think the movies would be ok, but no, the movies still get dubbed to *. Instead of the guy saying "*" they actually dubbed it as "fudge" and in another instance instead of "bullshit", it was "bullstuff" :56:

10. CFC_67_88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fraser Forster
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Victor Wanyama
    Google over complicates everything