1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Stone Roses @ Glasgow Green. June 15th 2013

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Cobbs67, Oct 29, 2012.

Discuss The Stone Roses @ Glasgow Green. June 15th 2013 in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Chavez

Let the carnage commence:smoke:

:party048:

2. St Patrick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy McCourt, Paddy Roberts, Sammy, Edouard
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roamin' in the Gloamin'
    Not sure if I should take a swedger in that mud. :39:

3. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Anyone not wearing wellies and waterproofs will regret it,can always just bin them after it anyway.

4. Chavez

Course ye should:50:

5. sovietjay

Anyone be able to tell me how strict they'll be on carrying stuff in?
    What is the likelihood of being able to hide a hipflask?

6. Jinky1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Anything by the Wolfetones
    Amazing gig. Few arseholes fighting and a not-at-their best Primal Scream. But Brown was in key and Reni still has his magic!

7. Chavez

Fuckimg incredible gig, magic ijn the air

get yersels to the gorbals its aww happenin

Posted from Talkceltic.net App for Android

8. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Good day out, nowhere near the buzz of Heaton park though and 3 main complaints:

1. They stopped letting people in the 'moshpit' at half 4, 30 minutes after the doors opened! I was told 100 places were given to 'VIPs' and only 200 more were allowed in. The thing was half-empty most of the day and was full of VIP fannies with umbrellas and iphones. This has only came in the last few years and is killing gigs for the real fans. It's nothing more than a money-making exercise and also makes life more difficult for the stewards.

2. As predicted, the green was full of complete arseholes and neds. I've never seen so many bangers in one place and their were scraps everywhere. Every time a bunch of neds starts singing 'here we * go' it makes me want to kill myself. I * can't stand it.

3. No bigger Roses fan than me, but most people were too * to notice they were actually pretty crap. Reni was either using carrots for drumsticks or he needs to sack his sound engineer, the drums were miles out all gig and sounded 'tinny'. They were so much better musically at heaton park.

But .. moans aside, it was a good day out, the view were awesome and Bobby Gillespie was hilariously steamin. 30 of us went on a bus and it was great craic .. plus I met a few old pals in there. :50:

9. twiggybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Best gig of my life last night it was amazing

10. mls1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura and Moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Sounded pish from YouTube.

11. St Patrick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy McCourt, Paddy Roberts, Sammy, Edouard
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roamin' in the Gloamin'
    I thought it was great, the band was tight as * and the song choices superb. The crowd seemed a bit subdued to me I have to say, except for 'I am the resurrection' at the end and maybe one or two others. Loved 'Fools Gold' and 'Waterfall/Don't Stop'. Primal Scream were great too.

I didn't really see all the bams people are talking about to be honest. Obviously loads of people were off their nut but I didn't really detect any aggression, then again I was mad with it myself. I didn't arrive until after 7 though and I suspect these sort of incidents might have happened between sets more. I don't think the bars were laid out very well and there was some crushing but once you got past the barriers the wait to get served was ok. Glad I never wore wellies as the ground was surprisingly mud free.

12. Chavez

Usually does if it's taken by someone in the crowd.

One of the best nights of my life. The supports were all great and the roses outstanding. Thought every artist connected well with the crowd, who for me were excellent aswell. I was slightly to the right of the stage just behind the inner ring and for almost every song everyone was bouncing and screaming every word. Was great to see young and old enjoy it together.

Didnt see or have any trouble.Everyone around me was spot on.

Paying the price today but totally worth it. Euphoric night.

Posted from Talkceltic.net App for Android

13. JC147

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Lubo, Lambert,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing,
    I was at the right side too and it was absolutely jumping for most of night, guess different areas might've been less rowdy though.

A few folk absolutely out the game by the time the Roses were on, one guy near me was on Ket, guy was pure lopsided and like jelly - somebody ended up carrying him out the crowd. :smiley-laughing002:

Full day is something i will never forget. The Roses were top quality, although, i'll admit that in my opinion it wasn't quite as good as their titp performance last year - but still immense nonetheless.

Primal Scream were class; i know they have more of a cult following but what an underrated band.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3vvn2qOh58"]Primal Scream - Come Together (FULL SONG) - YouTube[/ame]

* all the folk trying to slag people just for going to a gig yesterday, just because they had a * Saturday. :56:

As Primal Scream say ^^
    'We know that Music is Music,
    Come together as one'

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2013
  14. twiggybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The bit I was at was bouncing at every song what bit where you at?

15. Lubo 25

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Let the people sing
    One of the best gigs ever, it's where i met my (Now) girlfriend for the first time