1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

boycott killie away

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MartinR, Oct 29, 2012.

Discuss boycott killie away in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. MonitorBhoy

Give up your ticket, someone else will buy it... and rightly so.

Support your team.

2. jonbhoy1990

brilliant bro!, i would do it all again if i could! :icon_mrgreen:

3. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I don't agree with a boycott, our team need our support....it would be them that would be harmed.

4. made in ireland

To be honest it's been very easy to get a ticket for Rugby Park the last few years, barring the league deciders when the glory-hunters come out in their droves.

I suspect the majority on this forum describing their fellow Celtic supporters as 'acting like Huns' or 'turning their back on the team' don't actually go to games, and I certainly don't believe they're in any position to tell others how they should and shouldn't spend their money.

As I said before, I would love to see supporters groups, clubs and buses etc coming to some sort of consented plan one way or the other.

5. Belfast Lad

so you would be happy for your team to play a 90 minute game with no support ..?
    this is the height of madness we have the best support why tarnish it with childish boycotts..?
    no one is TELLING someone how to spend their money just how stupid it is to leave your much loved team to play with no support

madnesss i say madnesss

6. made in ireland

No I wouldn't be happy at all. As I said before, I would love a full-house and a great atmosphere.

However, I can completely understand why people would not want to pay ridiculous prices (during tough times) to a club who (whether through abstention or not) decided corruption and bias was their game. I certianly don't think it's fair to label them as acting like 'huns' or 'turning their backs on Celtic', especially from those who aren't actually putting their hand in their own pocket.

As I've already said, a common consensus amongst supporters clubs, groups and individuals (who actually go to games!) one way or the other is needed in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
  7. Belfast Lad

i dont think killie voted for gers because they are for corruption as you put it obv its due to money that they bring, very strange killie out played us and embarrassed are team at weekend and ni theres a thread about boycotting them because (they voted for them) i was at the game and it was a sight for sore eyes but credit were credit is due we were pish and they were better and attacked with purpose, even more of a reason to get the support for the away leg and give them a good skelping and put them back in their place i dont do away games but from what i hear its a cracking day out and im sure the away support mostly season ticket holders will be wasting a ticket that they have already payed for so that my friend is a waste of money (during tough times)

8. quadebhoy

No one has paid for their ticket yet as the tickets have not went on sale

9. Belfast Lad

my bad never had a season ticket and was having a stab in the dark with that one
    but your sure to be corrected right and swift on here :)

10. Artur Boruc #1

There will be plenty of supporters there.

Sounds as if it's going to be a group of individuals choosing not to attend, and give their money to Kilmarnock, rather than a collective boycott.

The way I see it is if you want to stay away then fine, and if you want to go then that's also fine, at the end of the day it's up to to the individual who's being asked to fork out x amount if they want to go or not.

11. Markybhoy

If people want to boycott Rugby Park because of the stance Kilmarnock took on Rangers then that's up to them. I'm not going to criticise them for doing so. It's not something I would choose to do though. I'm one of those types who would always go along to watch Celtic if I had the money to do so.

12. marco1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean south
    Instead of a boycott why don't we just no spend any money in the ground ie no food or drinks that would hurt them financially and we can still support our team like we always do.

13. KevvyBhoy

I say no boycott.

It'll make our fans and Killie out to be public enemy number 1 in the SPL once the media get a hold of it, give Traynor and co ammunition to say "this is what happens without Rangers" and Killie fans - who've done nothing wrong - will take a lot of flak as they're effectively representing their club (and in fact the reason the chairman abstained was because the fans would've voted boycotted without voting no).

I'd prefer to see the teams in the SPL unite and have good relations with each other rather than kicking off rivalries and * for tat so we can show we can cope without Rangers so lets put them and all the * they brought to the close season behind us.

14. Sween

I think it is ridiculous.

The vote was fair and open. Kilmarnock had a right to vote the way they did just as every other club had the right to vote. If they had voted to not allow Rangers back into the league purely based on the fact we would boycott them, then that would be wrong. The Killie board made the call and they had to answer to a lot of upset Killie fans.

It has nothing to do with us and refusing to give money to near bust SPL clubs based on Rangers doesnt serve any point. Call me old fashioned but we are Celtic fans and should decide to go and support the team or not based on Celtic. Not going to support Celtic because of a Rangers issue is daft. Some people really need to move on from their utter fixation with that club and just enjoy Celtic.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
  15. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    I dont agree its bully boy tactics as the killie fans (95%) wanted the scum out the SPL. I thought celtic fans didnt do discrimination.

16. Adam426

I'd say anyone willing to do this is obsessed with Rangers and isn't a true Celtic fan. It's all a load of * anyway. Boycotts get talked about so much but they never happen.

17. seanolamisio

Fav Celtic Player:
    king henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    i think if rangers went bust when martin oneill was in charge at celtic there would be a lot less "boycott" shouts-if you dont want to go ,dont feckin go ,just dont make up bullshit reasons to justify your treasons,gbnl

18. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Another point the huns want clubs in the SPL to struggle and by this action that would play into hun hands.

19. Stobes1888

Support your own club first and foremost imo.

20. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

I was angry with them at the time,and said a boycott would've been in order,but it's not the fans fault,why should they or the team suffer because the owner is a cockbag?You have to remember Kilmarnock are a decent Scottish club,Tommy Burns for one had a great relationship with the club and their fans,and decent Scottish clubs and fans should be working to help each other,new beginnings and all that now that the evil has been removed.