1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Kilmarnock - Saturday 27th October 2012 - KO 3pm

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jayzhinho67, Oct 26, 2012.

Discuss Celtic v Kilmarnock - Saturday 27th October 2012 - KO 3pm in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jokeybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ynwa
    Biggest disappointment for me was the fact Tony Watt only got 15 mins.The boy should be starting most SPL esp home games

2. MonitorBhoy

This is it. We were never going to sail through the SPL undefeated. We're the biggest scalp for teams just now.

We were defeated, Neil won't be happy and neither will the players. Let's look forward to the next game and getting a positive result.

3. Jack Snakes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Modern day would have to be Henrik...
    It looks to me that, as far as NL is concerned, we are strong enough, over the course of the league, to win it.
    It also appears that he believes we can ship a few points along the way.
    With this in mind, he experiments, chops and changes things, and sees the absence of the huns as an opportunity to take a breather from the 'win every game' expectation that means you daren't rest a player, and daren't blood new players.
    I happen to agree. I think most people have longed for a time when we could let our youngsters have a go - to bring them through into the first team gradually without all the pressure of having to win all the time.
    Well, that time is now. NL is changing things, experimenting with the team, the formation, the tactics. Hopefully by the end of it we will have won the league, progressed in the CL, and feted Lennon as a great manager.
    I for one am happy to go along with that, in full realisation that there will be some disappointment along the way, and that many, including the manager, will be able to see when a mistake has been made and learnt from.

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Even before the huns died, I still believe that there was some room to bleed in new players or youngsters in games against the weaker teams. Even if it is just as subs.

I see what you're saying in that there definitely is more room to experiment, but I don't agree that he'll have the mindset that it'll be ok to drop points.

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

We started with Commons, Forrest and Miku yesterday...

6. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Killy deserved there victory,there 2 banks of 4 at the back was solid,well organized
    and read our teams tactics like a book.

poor performance from our team,in fact we were utter *.lenny will not be happy with that display

they brought a decent crowd aswell which was good to see.

pick ourselves up and move on.

7. obonfanti1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Henrik Larsson is the King of Kings
    As bad as the performance was, I'm over it already. I've no doubt Neil will have gave them a blunt kick up the * and maybe given himself a wee slap for his tactics! :icon_mrgreen:

We move on! At least we have a game very quickly afterwards, I can't see us performing so badly two games in a row.

8. sdickson

commons has went right off the boil same as forrest,we are crying out for a natural pacy left winger and someone thro the middle who can pick a pass

9. Jack Snakes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Modern day would have to be Henrik...
    Perhaps not okay, but I think it is probably something that he has accepted may happen along the way.

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    The single, most frustrating Celtic game I've ever sat through in my life.

11. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Of any game I can think of off the top of my head, I'd find it hard to disagree with this. We were truly woeful.

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    The movement, the passing, the belief.... nothing was there.

13. Mr. Slippyfist

Was indeed * woeful.

14. Artur Boruc #1

Was working yesterday so the only highlight, and I use that term extremely loosely, I've seen is their first goal which was real dire stuff, * defending.

Where we really that bad? Seen Miku has been getting some awful stick as well, justified? Any plus points?

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Commons said it was as if they had never met each other previous to the game kicking off. A perfect summing up of utter *.

Miku was disinterested and completely unwilling to take on some responsibility same as Forrest.

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Nah nothing, was one of those games, we seem to get one or two every season where the team just dont turn up. Just pass the ball about but with no ideas or urgency and you could really leave at half time as you know its just that bad you actually want to leave asap and are counting the minutes.

17. Coatbridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team
    We will find out on sunday if Lennon or the players have learned from yesterday's shambles. Maybe being a bit harsh here but Miku looks as if he's lost. matthews seems to blow hot and cold. Ambrose gets caught ball watching quite a lot does nobody tell him that you dont get time here on the ball... top of the league but no more of these "Just turn up performances"

18. Artur Boruc #1

Cheers lads, doesn't sound like I missed much then.

Back down to Earth I suppose.

19. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    I cannot believe some of the * that I am reading in here from some people. Yes it was a bad performance and a bad result but to call Lennon a * is bang out of order. For me, those who only appear when the result is a loss, and those who do nothing but * moan, whine and complain like little * and spit their dummy out at every little hiccup along the season, well, those are the * in my opinion.

He continued to put his life on the line to manage our club even after those cowardly death threats from those hun *. He was attacked in the dugout by another manky *. The huns - ex and wannabe ones - have hurled abuse and bigoted * at him. He's brought us Champions League football for the first time in four years. He's got us the league title and the Scottish cup in his first two full seasons as manager. He's continuing to try his best at our club and to bring success, but aye - he's a "*" and the team is "*" :87:

I saw the match on Saturday just like the majority of folk here and yes, we were bad and I was * about the performance and the result just like everyone, but I'm not throwing my toys out the pram like some people. Too many players just never turned up on Saturday and Lennon even said himself that he was at fault but those players should still have done MUCH better as it's not like they were playing in the first team for the first time.

* results and performances like this happen but come Tuesday we'll hopefully get back to winning ways.

20. mike67

I was sitting about 15 feet away from our dug out and I can assure everyone that Lenny was going mental at the lack of penetration and sideways passing we were guilty of. Although Kilmarnock played to their game plan, we had players on the park who should have been able to do better.

We know that Kilmarnock are likely to play 2 banks of 4 against us, they did it in the LC final, but somehow we were able to impose ourselves when we won the league down there at the end of the season.

From what I could see Kayal wasn't match fit, Mulgrew being moved into midfield was only a marginal improvement on Ambrose, but Charlie isn't a creative player either. This was a match that needed McGeouch (not even on the bench) and Watt on from half time. We needed penetrative players to break down these 2 banks, even McCourt was resorting to cross field passes which got us nowhere.

Kilmarnock's plan was to nullify us and they succeeded. They weren't a top class side and we're going to play much better teams than them if we progress in CL this season. Playing long balls up to Miku is never going to work. he looks like he is the type of player who is more suited to one-two's and more intricate play around the box, which I'm sure we would have seen if Dylan and Tony had been playing.

To sum up, wrong players on the wrong day against a team who were well disciplined in their game plan.

I seem to remember a similar performance against Hibs almost a year ago at home when we drew 0-0. These games happen. :87:

:shamrock::shamrock::shamrock: