1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Gordon Strachan a good ambassador for Celtic, I never hear a bad word from him

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by moravcik1888, Oct 6, 2012.

Discuss Is Gordon Strachan a good ambassador for Celtic, I never hear a bad word from him in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Eveytime Gordon Strachan is on TV or radio he only ever has good things to say about Celtic and the Celtic Support. He's always praising Celtic and tells everyone what a great club it is.

At the time he was manager there were people that weren't too happy with his appointment because he wasnt a "Celtic man". Well if he wasnt a "Celtic man" before he joined Celtic he certainly is now. When he's talking about Celtic he evens refers to Celtic as "we" or "us".

It was funny in midweek when the ITV football guy asked Strachan about the Man U or Chelsea result and Strachan said....nevermind that the Celtic result was easily the best result in Europe this week.

Good on you Gordon!.:celt_2:

2. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Hes brilliant, always bigs the club up and the support when he gets the chance, great ambassador for the club even if he isnt officially.

3. SonOfAnarchy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Lubo and Virgil Van Dijk
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y.N.W.A
    Love WGS!! Used to love watching his interviews on YouTube, some priceless ones on there :smiley-laughing002:

4. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Don't understand some fans problem with him. He done a great job for us. And yes he never says a bad word, obviously loved his time here. If he had played for Celtic, I suspect the attitude toward him would have been totally different.

5. MonitorBhoy

I absolutely loved him at Celtic, he created some good memories here.
    Was gutted when he left, as I feel he was almost driven out.

6. LucasBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Hail Hail Gordon! Loved him when we was our manager.

7. Heisenberg

love him love him love him love him love him love him love him love him

8. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

I find him impossible to dislike,gave us some fantastic nights at CP too.

9. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    Love this wee guy to *, his speach at the end of the John Kennedy game was unbelievable.

I agree if he was not a Celtic man when he arrived, what he achieved, and how he speaks of the club and support, surely puts him up there as a genuine Celtic minded individual now.

10. joemc

Wgs shows that he has a deep love for the club every time i see him on tv , the problem was when he was in charge he pandered to no one fans included.
    He wouldnt be railroaded into puting players on the fans were screaming to see brought on, he was a very single minded manager and made up his own mind.
    I think our fans like to be ego stroked and he didnt do this while managing the club but it didnt mean he didnt like us , he was also portrayed by the media as a smart * when in fact he was a bit to smart for the journalists and they didnt like to have it ripped out them.
    I love the guy now and when he was manager , he won us one of the best titles i have seen being concluded , tanadice ,wot a hangover next day at work.

11. Doire_Bhoy

Since he left us I've often wondered why Strachan never turned his managerial talents to Hibs (his boyhood club and as far as I am aware the club he still supports) or Aberdeen, as they could clearly benefit from his magic touch.

12. ticarmy

I love the wee man, always speaks well about the club and uses "we" and "us" when talking about the hoops,obviously he is still in love with the club.

13. Shane1888

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/Jock+Stein+-+Quotes

I think the same applies with Strachan as it does it with the legendary Stein. So what if he wasn't one of us when he took on the manager's job? The fact remains, he became the first manager since the great man himself to win 3 titles in a row and led us on some amazing European journeys.

I think he is an amazing (unofficial) ambassador for the club. I hope they have him as a pundit on our remaining CL/EL games (depending on where we finish). He's never finished praising our support, traditions, history and club overall. Love the man.

14. Rachaelink

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    I love the man! Great manager, always speaks highly of our club, I hope he gets the Scotland Job next up!

15. Sonny7

Love him masively! He's already admitted he's now a huge tim.

Done a superb job with us, and always got only good things to say about us.

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    He's the best ive seen/heard/read about talking about Celtic probably ever.

As manager though, I wasnt a big fan of him and was happy when he left. His style of play was too static and boring and we declined each season under him, we were really good in his first season with Naka, Petrov, Maloney and Hartson by the end we were near unwatchable - we actually became like the huns.

17. jhimbhoab

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh
    Fav Celtic Song:
    have u seen a handsome hun
    was gutted when he got the job......but i think he truly sees himself as one of us........he rarely let us down and he always bigs us up.......i grew to love the wee guy......and felt devastated when he left.......another season from gordon would have been superior to any tony mowbray season.

18. Ruxin

If you compare him to some ex Celts like Provan, Burley and even Walker it just shows you what a class act the guy is. Always positive when talking about Celtic and you can tell he has a genuine affinty for the club now.

19. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

i love him

as regarding his team when he was with us

seemed to start of well and declined

his football from what i can remember (have goldfish like memory) was pass pass pass pass pass

not great quick passing but then we never had players that could consistently play quick accurate passes, so it could become a bit boring to watch

but it taught the players patience and too wait for the space to open up before attempting to create a goal scoring chance and by and large it worked for us, it was successfull, in effect he coached average players into being more methodical intelligent players

i think he knew that he couldn't keep it up and thats why he got out when he did as the football was getting a bit torturous

20. ladbroke8

He seems like a guy goud like to be your uncle and chat about football at xmas.

Glad he speaks well of us.

As a manager beyond 18 months I was fed up watchin his team in leagues and cups. Champions league nights were great memories.

I was annoyed.that youd watch us play *, turn on the TV and WGS was telling you how good it was.